Too early to talk 2011 Cup?

Hey Hockey Fans,

Is it too early to talk playoffs? I say as long as you're not a Leafs fan it's never too early.

I'd love to hear which team you think will win the Cup, and why. It'll be fun to look back on these in June.

I'll start off with one fave and one dark horse.

Fave: Pittsburgh. The Kid's on fire, and they're still angry about last year. Lethal combo.

Dark Horse: Anaheim. When Hiller's on he can be scary good, and there's no doubting the skill of Perry and Getzlaf or the heart of Selanne and Koivu.

who's next?

Hey Hockey Fans,

Is it too early to talk playoffs? I say as long as you're not a Leafs fan it's never too early.

I'd love to hear which team you think will win the Cup, and why. It'll be fun to look back on these in June.

I'll start off with one fave and one dark horse.

Fave: Pittsburgh. The Kid's on fire, and they're still angry about last year. Lethal combo.

Dark Horse: Anaheim. When Hiller's on he can be scary good, and there's no doubting the skill of Perry and Getzlaf or the heart of Selanne and Koivu.

who's next?

too early to talk cup,yes..

teams are so close in points right now.. teams will start to separate themselves from the pack soon.

LEAFS = Early golf season.

PENS FTW!!

Tell you the truth im SO much more excited about watching Tim Thomas end up with the best season of all time for a goalie then even a pens cup or any team winning the cup. I would say his Vezina is already in the bag after ANOTHER 40+ saves shut out.

Someone wins the cup every year but the best season of all time only happens once or twice in a life time. Sometimes not even that.

Just my 2 cents.

LEAFS = Early golf season.

PENS FTW!!

Tell you the truth im SO much more excited about watching Tim Thomas end up with the best season of all time for a goalie then even a pens cup or any team winning the cup. I would say his Vezina is already in the bag after ANOTHER 40+ saves shut out.

Someone wins the cup every year but the best season of all time only happens once or twice in a life time. Sometimes not even that.

Just my 2 cents.

Did you see Tim Thomas make the most incredible save on Saturday vs. Toronto? In overtime, he robbed Macarthur from point blank range. Too bad they didn't get the win..

Did you see Tim Thomas make the most incredible save on Saturday vs. Toronto? In overtime, he robbed Macarthur from point blank range. Too bad they didn't get the win..

He blamed the ice being to slick when he slid back into the net with the puck. Oh well win some lose some. another 40 shots on goal that game.

If Boston stepped up on their defending and he only had to face 20-25 shots in game well he would have even more shut-outs and every tie would of been a win.

I can tell you who won't win the cup: the New York rangers. Stop defending these guys, they suck. People need to wake up and realize the mediocrity and let management know. .500 seasons are F(&^*** unacceptable.

I can tell you who won't win the cup: the New York rangers. Stop defending these guys, they suck. People need to wake up and realize the mediocrity and let management know. .500 seasons are F(&^*** unacceptable.

True, but at least they're better than the Isles and Devils. There must be some solace in that...

And, you'll get to watch them next year in a refurbished MSG.

There really isn't. Maybe if they had a plan, there would be. But they're just stuck in hockey purgatory right now. Glen Sather needs one in the back of the head to get him out of the GM spot. And all these MSG renovations won't be completely finished until 2013 so it's gonna be a while.

Devil suck and so do the islanders.

All of new york state sucks in hockey this year is seems! :thumbsup:

Please don't lump the Devils in with New York. They have absolutely nothing to do with New York.

Seriously. I come from the great state of New Jersey and think the Devils should just be quarantined and be given their own state. They even sully us.

Please don't lump the Devils in with New York. They have absolutely nothing to do with New York.

It's easy to confuse, what with the Giants and Jets...

Also, everyone should be a lot more careful making fun of your great state. Bruce and Miami Steve are gonna get mad and write a kick Arse song about it.

It's easy to confuse, what with the Giants and Jets...

Please stop. :lol:

Also, everyone should be a lot more careful making fun of your great state. Bruce and Miami Steve are gonna get mad and write a kick Arse song about it.

I can't tell if you are being patronizing, but seriously don't make fun of Bruce. He's pretty much all we've got.

You got Fountain's of Wayne, and diners, but yeah, with PA legalizing gambling, there's not even reason to go to AC anymore.

Its generally at this point in the argument you would have already switched to which part of the state is worse than the other, so kudos for avoiding that.

There's no argument. The north is better. Its a known fact, I don't know why people have that "argument"

Please stop. :lol:

I can't tell if you are being patronizing, but seriously don't make fun of Bruce. He's pretty much all we've got.

I'm not making fun of Bruce at all! I drove from Montreal to see the last show at Giants Stadium, was front row in the pit in Toronto in '09, and just bought the Darkness box set. Best live performer I've ever seen.

I'm not making fun of Bruce at all! I drove from Montreal to see the last show at Giants Stadium, was front row in the pit in Toronto in '09, and just bought the Darkness box set. Best live performer I've ever seen.

Couldn't tell. I formally apologize. I saw him at Giants Stadium in '08 it was amazing. Hands down the best concert I've ever been too.

• 1 month later...

Just throwing this out there: New York physically smells, New Jersey is the worst place on earth, Bruce Springstein stinks, and Flyers win the Cup ;)

Not to early to talk Vezina! :thumbsup:

Tim Thomas!

With another shut out tonight.