Flyers orange jersey customization problem

carsoni4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a chance to pick up a Derian Hatcher GI from that set from Meigray and passed it up. Starting to think I made a mistake. It had those cool squared off #2's.

Hm. I'll e-mail EPS about it, that'd be a cool one to have.

Hm. I'll e-mail EPS about it, that'd be a cool one to have.

Definately. Let us know what Josh says.

No problem. I just went to Gettyimages.com, they have a TON from the Penguins and Lightning games when they used it. I attached some Richards shots, as there is no reason to get this jersey without the silly butter knife font. Gagne would be ideal since my favorites are the 1 and 2, plus the weird A, but I can live with Richie.

When did you take those? That font looks like the one they wore for a few games back in 2008-09 that was made to replicate the ones they wore waaaaay back in the 1970's with those same style jerseys. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, that font appeared when the Flyers first wore that jersey, right? Come on jer--I mean, Flyers fans...help me out here!

The Flyers wore that style font for the 1972-1973 season. During the 1973-1974 season, those jerseys were recycled and the white nameplates were added for NBC telecasts. That is why the current Flyers orange jerseys have the white nameplates. Flyershistory.com has a section on the development of flyers jerseys over the years. Flyers history points out that the change of number style mimics what happened between the 1972-73 season and the 1973-74 season.

By the way, with regard to the nameplate issue. I noticed during the Stanley Cup Finals that the Flyers and the Blackhawks use the same nameplate font. It might be helpful to communicate to jersey customizers to use that font for the current Flyers jerseys.

The Flyers wore that style font for the 1972-1973 season. During the 1973-1974 season, those jerseys were recycled and the white nameplates were added for NBC telecasts. That is why the current Flyers orange jerseys have the white nameplates. Flyershistory.com has a section on the development of flyers jerseys over the years. Flyers history points out that the change of number style mimics what happened between the 1972-73 season and the 1973-74 season.

By the way, with regard to the nameplate issue. I noticed during the Stanley Cup Finals that the Flyers and the Blackhawks use the same nameplate font. It might be helpful to communicate to jersey customizers to use that font for the current Flyers jerseys.

Wow, Thanks for the Flyers' history link! I guess I was a little young to remember the goofy looking #1. Anyways, I still don't like it. It's been a while since I went through the old card collection as well...Maybe I'm just getting old.

Oh yeah i know, wrong material wrong font. Sent it back to IJ to get re customized, they didnt use the right material for the nameplate when they re customized it. So i sent it back to them and they gave me a full refund. IJ definitely does have the best customer service I have ever dealt with though

For the record, I believe this jersey was done very early on. At that time we had been misinformed about customization details. We have been customizing all Flyers jerseys correctly for a long time now, so you can be confident that a Giroux, or any other jersey for that matter will be done correctly, and as always, we stand behind our product with our 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee.

EPS can do the old font, $65. I might pick one up and make a Richards...muhahaha.

i ordered a flyers jersey and had same problem but ice jerseys didn't see how the name plate material and font was wrong. it's strange though because there is a picture that someone posted under the flyers premier orange jersey review column that shows a lindbergh jersey done with the correct material from before my jersey was done. So this is a more recent thing. Fan gear in philly has the wrong font too. It's obviously an epidemic. It's all wrong and the people that customize don't even realize it. I got my jersey fixed somewhere else for same price as shipping it back to ice jerseys but i didnt have to wait a month. I think ice jerseys should post real pictures of what they use so your not guessing about what your getting.

UGH -- the place I got my customization done is disputing the fact that the Flyers use twill for their nameplates. They are asking for proof! Does anyone have any photos or reputable websites that state they do indeed use twill? I just want this fiasco to end already! Preferably with a customized Giroux jersey on my back.

UGH -- the place I got my customization done is disputing the fact that the Flyers use twill for their nameplates. They are asking for proof! Does anyone have any photos or reputable websites that state they do indeed use twill? I just want this fiasco to end already! Preferably with a customized Giroux jersey on my back.

Get a photo off of Meigray.com

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped at the Flyers Skate Zone Pro Shop today for a Christmas present. I know that some of the guys on the board have been having trouble finding a place that can customize the orange and new white 2010-2011 or Winter Classic jerseys. This is where you should go if you are local to the various Skate Zone's. The orange jerseys were done perfectly with a white twill nameplate, correct font for the name, new number font with correct outline thickness and perfect "C" and "A". The new white jerseys were also dead on right down to the "C" and "A". They use black twill for the nameplate on the white jerseys which is what I think the Flyers are using this year. (as opposed to the black ultrafil material used on the Winter Classic game worns/issued jerseys). A store employee stated that the customization price is around $65 ($70 w/tax) and that the jerseys are sent to Philly Express who does the on ice jerseys for the Flyers. I got to say that I believe it, as everything matched up to my game worns identically. Get this....if you drop a jersey off to them (assuming you are local and can pick it up when completed) the turnaround is 7-10 business days. That sure beats EPS. So if anyone needs to send one of the above jerseys for a name and number I highly reccommend the Skate Zone who uses Philly Express. I almost walked out with an orange Bobrovsky replica because the customization was perfect...but at $180, don't think so. Hope this post helps.

Hi everyone....I had a Giroux Edge done a few months back from EPS and this is the response from Josh when I asked about my air-knit nameplate...

That is absolutely incorrect. That is a jersey made form a provider who is most likely not a licensee and uses whatever material they can to complete jerseys that are not in accordance with NHL specs. Tackle twill is for numbers and letters only. Nameplates are made of the same material as the jersey itself. Fortunately you found one of the only manufacturer’s left that insist on doing the jerseys correctly, not using cheaper twill to cheat customers.

Any thoughts?

Hi everyone....I had a Giroux Edge done a few months back from EPS and this is the response from Josh when I asked about my air-knit nameplate...

That is absolutely incorrect. That is a jersey made form a provider who is most likely not a licensee and uses whatever material they can to complete jerseys that are not in accordance with NHL specs. Tackle twill is for numbers and letters only. Nameplates are made of the same material as the jersey itself. Fortunately you found one of the only manufacturer’s left that insist on doing the jerseys correctly, not using cheaper twill to cheat customers.

Any thoughts?

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4854103&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4546&scId=4546

Show him this. Josh knows his stuff but does seem to get offended when corrected. Just be nice he's a sensitive guy haha. They totally use twill for the new unis.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4854103&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4546&scId=4546

Show him this. Josh knows his stuff but does seem to get offended when corrected. Just be nice he's a sensitive guy haha. They totally use twill for the new unis.

Now you've done it Johnny. He will now be in the "No soup for you!" category. I like Josh but the proof is right there in that link. I believe they use the twill because it has a solid background and makes the name easier to read. It could also be a retro thing. If they used the Edge material the bright orange on the rear of the jersey would show right through the nameplate. Right now Philly Express is customizing the jerseys correctly but the only way to have them customize it is through the Flyers skate zone. Hopefully they will change that so we can send them jerseys to be customized directly. EPS is still a great place to send jerseys to for the older styles.

Thanks again for the help. I also sent a link of a Giroux gamer on Ebay and Josh recognized that it is twill and I could send it back and he could have a new twill nameplate put on for $20.

Am I being to picky and is it worth mailing back ?

Thanks again for the help. I also sent a link of a Giroux gamer on Ebay and Josh recognized that it is twill and I could send it back and he could have a new twill nameplate put on for $20.

Am I being to picky and is it worth mailing back ?

So they are making you pay to have the correct nameplate put on? If so I would ask them to replace it at no charge and have them pay for you to ship the jersey back to them. If what they originally put on is not correct, they should fix it at no cost to you.

Just dropped off a Winter Classic replica to the Skate Zone to have Philly Express customize it. Will post pictures when I pick it up.

i saw it sitting there :D

i was just there 2 hours ago

wait you werent there while i was in there were you?

vorhees SZ , i was wearing a briere sabers jersey

Edited by Biscuit Snatchers 27