DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Canada swift jersey looks real to me. But I don't think Crosby wore that style crest, only the Olympics version. That seller is a jerk. He sold me a "never worn" baseball jersey that had a major scuff on it and gave me a bad attitude while inadvertently admitting he had worn it.

Legit jersey but never worn by Crosby.

I know it's really not the best, but 50% off jersey customization on NHL.com

http://shop.nhl.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=3169596&ab=CMS_HP_US_Include_50OffJerseyCustomSale_030811

Still way over priced if you ask me. Plus you have to buy a jersey to get the deal.

Horrible workmanship for overpriced jerseys.

The fight strap looks weird? So I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

It's perfect! Fine white mesh underside, Raincoat fabric. It's even got the Nike bar code and the IIHF patch on the back.

I think MJ's been inside the medicine cabinet too long.

HOOOO! :thumbsup:

It's perfect! Fine white mesh underside, Raincoat fabric. It's even got the Nike bar code and the IIHF patch on the back.

I think MJ's been inside the medicine cabinet too long.

HOOOO! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry but I don't know much about the Swift jerseys. Medicine cabinet? Chamone!

Toolbox McWeinerface was never the captain of Team Canada in a Swift jersey. I think he might have worn an A during the 2006 Championships but he didn't play in a tournament after that until the Olympics last year.

Toolbox McWeinerface was never the captain of Team Canada in a Swift jersey. I think he might have worn an A during the 2006 Championships but he didn't play in a tournament after that until the Olympics last year.

He did wear the A that year. You talking about Crosby right?

Oh please. I know this might come as a shock to most Pittsburgh fans but there ARE people out there who can't stand him or the Penguins. I am one of those people. When he scored that ###### goal, it was just magnified one hundred fold.

I am also one of those people who cant stand Cindy crybaby. I cant stand evelyn malkin either. Its kind of insulting comparing these 2 to Lemieux and Jagr anytime i heard the comparisons (more so when the new 2 was entering and establising themselves in the league). When the bottle boy averages 2 ppg for his career and when evelyn wins the Hart Trophy playin in 62 games then you can compare the 2. Not saying there not good players just think its a little insane by those people who like making comparisons theres no contest.

I am also one of those people who cant stand Cindy crybaby. I cant stand evelyn malkin either. Its kind of insulting comparing these 2 to Lemieux and Jagr anytime i heard the comparisons (more so when the new 2 was entering and establising themselves in the league). When the bottle boy averages 2 ppg for his career and when evelyn wins the Hart Trophy playin in 62 games then you can compare the 2. Not saying there not good players just think its a little insane by those people who like making comparisons theres no contest.

Crosby would have surpassed Jagr at least if his career had not been ruined by his own stupidity and the Penguins medical stabs ineptitude.

Crosby was on pace for 60 goals and 140 points in the year 2011 - that says it all about his potential. Too bad he will never be the same player again, if he ever

comes back.

Crosbys reputaation as whiner and diver are just laughable - it just shows how jealousy & prejudice ruins peoples minds!

Edited by Lesky

Oh please. I know this might come as a shock to most Pittsburgh fans but there ARE people out there who can't stand him or the Penguins. I am one of those people. When he scored that ###### goal, it was just magnified one hundred fold.

Waaa-Haaa! <Points-and-Laughs>

Best..Goal... Ever! :) lol

Crosby would have surpassed Jagr at least if his career had not been ruined by his own stupidity and the Penguins medical stabs ineptitude.

Crosby was on pace for 60 goals and 140 points in the year 2011 - that says it all about his potential. Too bad he will never be the same player again, if he ever

comes back.

Crosbys reputaation as whiner and diver are just laughable - it just shows how jealousy & prejudice ruins peoples minds!

no the comparison lemieux = crosby, Makin = Jagr. Like i said I never said Crosby and malkin arent good just many people overhyped these 2 like theres no tommorrow although crosby's lived up to it for the most part until the injury. I just cant stand people who b**** about every call (thats happening to lebron now since he went to play with his buddies so forget him now too).

no the comparison lemieux = crosby, Makin = Jagr. Like i said I never said Crosby and malkin arent good just many people overhyped these 2 like theres no tommorrow although crosby's lived up to it for the most part until the injury. I just cant stand people who b**** about every call (thats happening to lebron now since he went to play with his buddies so forget him now too).

Malkin is WAY overrated they way he has been played since the Stanley Cup. He has been playing like a 3rd liner for since then.

I can not disagree more with Crosby. I have seen every game he has played and the first year when he was 17-18 year he complained alot on a team that finished last in the NHL.

The last 2-3 years I do not see that Crosby complains more than any other captain, let alone any other player. Every player whines from time to time, Sid is no different. But his immaturity as a 17 year old rookie still haunts him to this day when he is a great role model for everybody - and thats just absurd.

Mario has no equal... Back to back cups and Connys! 160 in 60 baby!

FARILY good minior leauge record too!. 282(yes, 282, not a typo) in 70 (yes, only 70 games) with a 133 goals and 149 assists with Laval Voisins in 83-84!. Is that good???? I mean its only the QMJHL and he was only 17-18..

oh ya! Crosby would of slayed the leauge in points NO PROBLEM if he dident get that head shot in the Winter classic.

It took from that day all the way till the all star break for someone to catch up to him in points.

How about some "Deals and Steals" here, and moving the arguments about Crosby to another thread?

Lemieux - no equal, no doubt, but naturally gifted...so how is that a fault?

I'm certainly not trying to take anything away from the most talented player to ever lace 'em up, but, ironically enough, being unbelievably talented can be considered a strike against Lemieux if you entertain the idea that he didn't need to work hard to do what he did. He wasn't a gym rat by any means, he just went out and did what he did, and he made it look easy. Why? Because for him, it was easy. I'm not saying this puts Lemieux any farther down the ladder when comparing others, but you almost have to put others higher up on the ladder, clearly still not as high as Lemieux, but just a little bit closer in the sense that they have to work harder to do the things they do.

Side note - despite all his accomplishments, I still can't help but wonder (as has been stated soooo many times), imagine if Lemieux had been healthy, and played 1500 games?

Jagr - put up the numbers he did when the NHL wasn't scoring goals, 'nuff said. Like Lemieux, pretty naturally gifted and wasn't/isn't any type of gym rat

Malkin - he's typical of most gifted russians (Ovy aside) in that he doesnt' go out of his way to try hard, he just waits for his opportunities and capitalizes on them.

Like Lemieux, he has the size, speed, and skill to do a lot of the things that most cannot. Stating that he's ever been a 3rd liner is absurd though, I don't know too many 3rd liners who carry a point a game average. He, like Ovy this year, is plagued with the idea that if he doesn't score at least 2 pts a game, he's playing like crap. Can't he just be an average superstar??

Crosby - I get fairly annoyed with his self-righteous attitude and whinny tendancies as well, but god ###### if that kid isn't amazing. The idea that any player in today's game would be able to touch Gretzky's or Lemieux's stats (ppg) is pretty amazing. He's short, he's small (in comparison), and every team that confronts him is instructed to shadow the hell out of him. Gretzky was protected, Lemieux was big, and Jagr didn't need any protection, but Crosby is pretty much on his own and he takes a s*** load of abuse. There are some pretty amazing players out there, and one could easily argue they're more talented than Crosby (off the top of my head - Kovalchuk, Spezza, Havlat, and Gaborik come to mind), but they still don't put up the numbers that Crosby does, and they aren't able to take over a game the way he does. They don't back-check, they don't get dirty in the corners, and they don't go hard to the net. Crosby gets my respect for his work ethic (on and off the ice), his die-hard attitude, and the ability to elevate his game when all his higher-end teammates are out with injuries. I can't help but praise the lad when the Penguins are missing Malkin, Kunitz and Stall, and they win 4-1 and Crosby has a hat trick. Semin's hat tricks will be 3 random outside shots, where Crosby's hattricks will be 1 highlight reel, with 2 hard nosed goals. Despite his natural talents, his true secret to success has been hard work, and that deserves respect.

Ok, enough ranting for now...

Back to the Deals and Steals, someone buy this -

http://cgi.ebay.com/...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I didn't think so at first but that Caps one IS good. That's a surprise seeing how no one has bid on it. But, it's probably because it'd look like a bologna skin on most people.