sungod661

Team La Store is having a sale on jerseys 40% off its only good for today

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too bad it's Indo-Edge's they're selling.

They usually have a few team-issue 2.0's for the same price, but there's no way to specify which one you want when you order.

If I didn't already buy 2 other jerseys this weekend I woulda gone after this one,

Not a shabby price in my opinion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261534980674?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Wish I would've seen that Sabres one. That's a great price for that, and I really like that style.

God, I hate that jersey.

Agreed, and I think the mass majority feel the same but i'm thinking it will be a hard authentic to find down the road.

From those pictures you don't know if it's a premier or authentic. We know those pictures are not indicative of what you'll receive because all of those pictures are of premiers, there's just the one picture of a fight strap that shows otherwise.

Amazon has a good return plan, so you can return it if it's Indo...I'd say chances are very good that it's Indo though.

Check out MeiGray's clearance section: Caps, Thrashers and Bruins training camp/GI jerseys for $75 each. Some Thrashers jerseys have the All Star patch. Bought a Keith Seabrook Caps and Peter Hamrlik Bruins :)

Check out MeiGray's clearance section: Caps, Thrashers and Bruins training camp/GI jerseys for $75 each. Some Thrashers jerseys have the All Star patch. Bought a Keith Seabrook Caps and Peter Hamrlik Bruins :)

Thanks for the heads-up! Grabbed two Caps and a Thrashers.

This seller has a lot of retail authentic shirts for good prices:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/inthegameapparel

I bought a couple B's jerseys from him - asked if he combines shipping before I bought and mentioned that I lived one town over and could pick them up if he'd rather.

He said that he would combine shipping, (cool) then I get the invoice and he knocked off $7 (cool) but then he adds 8.25% sales tax ($12.36, not cool)

I asked why the sales tax, and why 8.25% when Illinois is at 6.25%?

He responded that "He runs a business in Illinois and that is the rate"

I guess I still got a decent deal but figured I'd let everybody know so they aren't shocked.

Just strange, I've never had to pay sales tax on a E-bay purchase.

Cheers

It happens all the time. If they have a physical store within the state they are supposed to charge sales tax.

According to this link, sales tax in your locale is in fact 8.25%.

http://www.sale-tax.com/Illinois

Also, your seller discloses that he will be charging that in his listing.

Just sayin'.

I went back and looked at his other listings and I don't see it mentioned but I could be going blind.

Like I said, not a big deal - or a deal breaker, just thought I'd share.

I went back and looked at his other listings and I don't see it mentioned but I could be going blind.

Like I said, not a big deal - or a deal breaker, just thought I'd share.

Yea. It's definitely there. Under "Shipping and Payments" -> "Handling and Tax"

I have no idea how it works in the US, but I'm pretty sure in Canada if you are buying something out of province you only pay Government Sales Tax.

The only team you also pay Provincial Sales Tax is if you are located in the same province as the merchant. I'm unsure if provinces who utilize the harmonized sales tax have to pay 13 percent as opposed to just GST.

The reason you're paying the tax is likely because the seller is registered as a business or a corporation. As an example, Jersey Baron is an actual licensed business, and not just some random selling a few things here and there. So if you're in Canada, and you buy from him, you'll pay tax. No different than buying from any store.

If an eBay seller is a registered business, they'll charge relevant taxes. Even if they don't disclose it, you can't really hold it against them. It's not like they are pocketing it. Although, it's in their best interest to disclose it in their listings to avoid customers being blind sided.

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

According to the MGG Pop report the tag is registered as:

G04000

NY Rangers Urquhart, David 74 Blue Set 1 GI 1 58 2.0

So someone stripped off a tag of a GI and tried to pass it off as a Gabby gamer. Ohhhh the attempted scams.

Either that or someone stripped the Urquhart and replaced it with Gaborik. Gaborik wore size 56 that season but the jersey on the auction is 58 and GI and there is only one decent shot of the back of the shirt.