• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Coming from a PhD?

come on man!

I was gonna say, but declined to do so...

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Any guesses on the MeiGray sale this year? It would be nice if they went BOGO again but I would not be surprised if they went the 40% off route again. Irregardless, I have two jerseys in mind for the purchase.

Last year it was BOGO or 40% off any one jersey (that is 2 years or more old).  Problem is that the summer sale typically mirrors the previous holiday sale and the last holiday sale it was just 35% off any one jersey with no BOGO.

We will see for sure when we get closer to the expo.  In the past few years, Meigray hasn't released the terms of the sale until at least the week of the expo.

Wish the discount worked against the consignment jerseys.  There are so many nice jerseys that are on MG, but belong to private collectors. 

15 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Wish the discount worked against the consignment jerseys.  There are so many nice jerseys that are on MG, but belong to private collectors. 

send in an offer it never hurts and its FREE 

7 minutes ago, cowboys said:

send in an offer it never hurts and its FREE 

Didn't realize the prices were even negotiable?

Everything in life is negotiable, I know.  But I never even thought about it. Cool, thanks!

You can even make an offer on MeiGray's own stock- worked for me once.

I've never had them tell me no when I submitted an offer; sometimes they did negotiate but I have always been able to get a lower price than advertised. 

I don't think I have ever paid asking price on any jersey I've gotten from Meigray.  It's either through one of their sales or when they accept one of my offers.  I have purchased about 3 or 4 jerseys that were on consignment from them over the past couple of years and went smoothly and saved some $ on them.  Worst they can do is reject the offer or counter.

I know that MeiGray's a business, but most of the stock is way overpriced. Summer/holiday sales were usually the only way to get a gamer for a decent price, but not if the discount rates are sinking each year.

36 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

I know that MeiGray's a business, but most of the stock is way overpriced. Summer/holiday sales were usually the only way to get a gamer for a decent price, but not if the discount rates are sinking each year.

And with all the jerseys they've been listing, auction-style on eBay for $99, I can't believe they are more willing to negotiate their stock of low-end players right now. Their $149 fire sale last year didn't even put a dent in their inventory. 

11 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

And with all the jerseys they've been listing, auction-style on eBay for $99, I can't believe they are more willing to negotiate their stock of low-end players right now. Their $149 fire sale last year didn't even put a dent in their inventory. 

From what I heard, they sold about 200-300 jerseys in those 1 or 2 weeks that fire sale was active.

• 2 weeks later...

...I really want one of those retro Brodeur jerseys. A bit out of my comfort zone here...is $750 a decent price for a game issued jersey? What do you guys think?

Found this in the old arrival thread.  Also, it's clear they're wearing 2.0s in game pictures.

*edit so you don't have to click the quote*

"What's weird too is that the retail authentics Reebok released were 1.0's, which the players never wore in that style and by 2010 weren't used by the Devils for a solid 2 years. All of the retro night jerseys the players wore were 2.0's."

Edited by furiousd

Man first the Dallas ones and now these. I'd love these if there was a 54. No matter how much I hate the Devils I love that jersey 

C'mon guys...is $750 a good price???

I'd hate to buy one and have the other 2 sit on their website for a while...then they drop the price. 

But I'd feel good if I bought one and the other 2 sold soon afterwards. 

$750 is a lot...fack. Don't know what to do!

4 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

Man first the Dallas ones and now these. I'd love these if there was a 54. No matter how much I hate the Devils I love that jersey 

No kidding.  I'm trying to build up a surprise sale fund, but how can I do that when surprise sales keep popping up?

24 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

...I really want one of those retro Brodeur jerseys. A bit out of my comfort zone here...is $750 a decent price for a game issued jersey? What do you guys think?

Possibly? I dunno. Is a Game Issued jersey one that a player theoretically wore? Like maybe as a healthy scratch (or backup goalie). There's at least a small chance of there being some DNA on a GI, correct? ?