sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, jukierules said:

I'll post some detailed pics when it comes in. It was interesting looking enough for me to pick it up.

Sounds good as it is definitely an interesting jersey.

Also FWIW at least in the first year Favell wore 3-4 different numbers that season including 33 and 31.

On 3/13/2017 at 2:54 PM, Devilsguy said:

Sounds good as it is definitely an interesting jersey.

Also FWIW at least in the first year Favell wore 3-4 different numbers that season including 33 and 31.

Posted pics in the recent pick ups. I'm sure this was never game used.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Is that someone on the boards?

Heck of a mark up but hey, some times ya get lucky I guess.

Yea I put a offer in I will see ,I will send him the Link to show him I know how much he paid .I only know of two eBay guys that buy dirt cheap and try and screw others other members may know more 

While flippers can be annoying, I don't have a huge problem with them.  Just part of the hobby.

What is more annoying to me are when people beg you and hit you hard for a jersey because it is a grail for them and you do them a favor on pricing only for them to turn around and flip it 2 weeks later after the sale.  Now that burns me up.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

While flippers can be annoying, I don't have a huge problem with them.  Just part of the hobby.

What is more annoying to me are when people beg you and hit you hard for a jersey because it is a grail for them and you do them a favor on pricing only for them to turn around and flip it 2 weeks later after the sale.  Now that burns me up.

i dislike those people very much. I honestly barely even negotiate on prices as a buyer, but as a seller, I have had people do that and then try to sell them immediately for more. 

You know who you are!!!

This comes up often and I really don't understand the hate.  One transaction has nothing to do with the other.  If someone buys a jersey for $10 and can turn around and sell it for $500 then more power to them.  My house is worth about 35% more then I paid for it so if I sell it should I ask what I paid or what its worth?  If someone sells for greatly less then the item is worth then it's on them.

I think it's just because there's a lot of sentiment/emotion wrapped up in a hobby like this, and someone buying and selling something solely for money feels... I dunno, wrong to a lot of people.  I realized at some point that it doesn't matter to me whether a seller is flipping, or needs money for their dog's surgery.  If you got a steal and are making a profit, good for you. Are you holding out for some high price even with your already high profit margin?  Great, that's your prerogative.  None of my business.   

30 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

This comes up often and I really don't understand the hate.  One transaction has nothing to do with the other.  If someone buys a jersey for $10 and can turn around and sell it for $500 then more power to them.  My house is worth about 35% more then I paid for it so if I sell it should I ask what I paid or what its worth?  If someone sells for greatly less then the item is worth then it's on them.

It's not the flip that bothers me, it's the deceit of trying to talk someone down from a fair price like discussed above. 

If I can find a $400 jersey for $50 on eBay, I'm probably buying it and re-selling it and not thinking twice. 

I would say I just look at it though a collectors eye.  I buy what catches my eye, I never really look at something and wonder, how much profit I could make.  However, there are many things that I have impulsed bought and then decided to sell.  I put in a little work to make it look better then when I got it and I guess if I make money I am happy.  Again, I think it is intent.  Buying something just to make money seems dirty...but I don't have ambitions of being rich either.  I would be just as happy to see something that I didn't need and know it went to a good home where it is appreciated and loved than to get some cash in my pocket.

I understand the other view though, and there is nothing wrong with that either.

*Edit*  

I'll add this too.  Sometimes in collector hobbies like this, there is a kind of a respect thing that happens, at least it to me it does.  I feel like we should and do look out for each other, and that should include no taking advantage of each other.  The jersey in question was obviously a eBay purchase so in this situation it doesn't really apply, but I think there is where us collectors can get upset with flipping jerseys.

With the Bruins jersey above, when I saw that sell for such an amazing price, I was just hoping it was going to a collector that had been looking for that style and just happened to get lucky - I just get disappointed to see it back on the market two weeks later at a 4000% mark up (my math is probably off).

Again though, the new seller is doing nothing wrong and more power to them. They bought it fair and square, it is their jersey, they can do what they want with it.

Edited by spudrock512

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOS-ANGELES-KINGS-BEN-SCRIVENS-SILVER-AUTHENTIC-NHL-JERSEY-/401295703944?hash=item5d6f167f88

Someone should jump on this... Edge 2.0 Kings SS, usually sells for a lot. Maybe needs a strip job... but a great deal IMO.

Seller has lots of other good authentics, priced cheaply too.

Edited by dsl135

6 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOS-ANGELES-KINGS-BEN-SCRIVENS-SILVER-AUTHENTIC-NHL-JERSEY-/401295703944?hash=item5d6f167f88

Someone should jump on this... Edge 2.0 Kings SS, usually sells for a lot. Maybe needs a strip job... but a great deal IMO.

Who the hell is Sullivan? So many ruined jerseys. Jeez.

Edited by CJ Matthews

3 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Haha, well yea, a lot of them are strip jobs, but some nice jerseys in there.

4 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Also seems to be an alternate captain everywhere he went! Even in Colorado! 

45 minutes ago, Carl said:

Also seems to be an alternate captain everywhere he went! Even in Colorado! 

Such a huge collection of ruined jerseys. For example, there are 7 St. Johns Ice Caps jerseys in there, all customized as Sullivan (different numbers, but all as alternate captain). They're all Reebok Premiers too. Why?

Because he has a self-image issue and he cannot visualize himself as captain?

You're worth it, Sully. Get the C next time. 

3 hours ago, dsl135 said:

that didn't last long... which one of you pulled the trigger??

4 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Reminds me of a couple years ago when a nice selection of 90s CCM Authentics were all over eBay with the name Van de Velde on the back. I think they were all #33 as I recall. 

I bought a bunch of his stuff, Some stripped clean and some were super glued down.

As I understood he had a hobby shop or a pro shop and wanted one of each jersey - one day his shop closed and they found tons of jerseys in the back. (or something like that)
They all smelled musty.

Heads up, I was the ACC on Saturday and they had one Alumni Game gamer left (Bob McGill) at $500. Employee told me McCabe's went for $750 earlier. Considering the Leafs aren't releasing any gamers this season (or until Lou changes his mind) this sounds like a deal.