sungod661

DEALS AND STEALS

6 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOS-ANGELES-KINGS-BEN-SCRIVENS-SILVER-AUTHENTIC-NHL-JERSEY-/401295703944?hash=item5d6f167f88

Someone should jump on this... Edge 2.0 Kings SS, usually sells for a lot. Maybe needs a strip job... but a great deal IMO.

Seller has lots of other good authentics, priced cheaply too.

Who the hell is Sullivan? So many ruined jerseys. Jeez.

Edited by CJ Matthews

3 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Haha, well yea, a lot of them are strip jobs, but some nice jerseys in there.

4 minutes ago, CJ Matthews said:

Also seems to be an alternate captain everywhere he went! Even in Colorado! 

Reminds me of a couple years ago when a nice selection of 90s CCM Authentics were all over eBay with the name Van de Velde on the back. I think they were all #33 as I recall. 

45 minutes ago, Carl said:

Also seems to be an alternate captain everywhere he went! Even in Colorado! 

Such a huge collection of ruined jerseys. For example, there are 7 St. Johns Ice Caps jerseys in there, all customized as Sullivan (different numbers, but all as alternate captain). They're all Reebok Premiers too. Why?

Because he has a self-image issue and he cannot visualize himself as captain?

You're worth it, Sully. Get the C next time. 

3 hours ago, dsl135 said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOS-ANGELES-KINGS-BEN-SCRIVENS-SILVER-AUTHENTIC-NHL-JERSEY-/401295703944?hash=item5d6f167f88

Someone should jump on this... Edge 2.0 Kings SS, usually sells for a lot. Maybe needs a strip job... but a great deal IMO.

Seller has lots of other good authentics, priced cheaply too.

that didn't last long... which one of you pulled the trigger??

4 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Reminds me of a couple years ago when a nice selection of 90s CCM Authentics were all over eBay with the name Van de Velde on the back. I think they were all #33 as I recall. 

I bought a bunch of his stuff, Some stripped clean and some were super glued down.

As I understood he had a hobby shop or a pro shop and wanted one of each jersey - one day his shop closed and they found tons of jerseys in the back. (or something like that)
They all smelled musty.

Heads up, I was the ACC on Saturday and they had one Alumni Game gamer left (Bob McGill) at $500. Employee told me McCabe's went for $750 earlier. Considering the Leafs aren't releasing any gamers this season (or until Lou changes his mind) this sounds like a deal.

On Monday, April 03, 2017 at 10:04 AM, galvinwong said:

Heads up, I was the ACC on Saturday and they had one Alumni Game gamer left (Bob McGill) at $500. Employee told me McCabe's went for $750 earlier. Considering the Leafs aren't releasing any gamers this season (or until Lou changes his mind) this sounds like a deal.

Of course.  When I was at the St. Pats game they had a Salming ($1750) and Vaive ($1000) on display.

Salming was gone by the 2nd period.

Figures they have the (relatively) cheap ones when I am not there.

Oh well....JB is getting these so I will wait. 

On 3/30/2017 at 11:48 AM, CJ Matthews said:

I asked him this question about a year ago before he started putting everything on eBay.  Sullivan is a real guy who owned a sports store and had a metric crap ton of jerseys done with his name on them as displays.  I bought a few when he was selling them on his site and they varied from super easy to strip to they are in the corner of my closet.  

FWIW the Devils Den (official team store at the Prudential Center) were selling blank Reebok premiers for $52 with free customization (heat press) at the last home game this past Saturday.  From what I hear they will still honor that price if they still have stock.  Also heard they sold about 400 jerseys just during Saturday's game alone.

36 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

FWIW the Devils Den (official team store at the Prudential Center) were selling blank Reebok premiers for $52 with free customization (heat press) at the last home game this past Saturday.  From what I hear they will still honor that price if they still have stock.  Also heard they sold about 400 jerseys just during Saturday's game alone.

Everyone in attendance bought one?

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

That's about $50 more than a heat pressed customized Premier is worth. 

1 hour ago, guam64 said:

Everyone in attendance bought one?

16,514 in the house on Saturday. 

20 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That's about $50 more than a heat pressed customized Premier is worth. 

16,514 in the house on Saturday. 

Best part is I am already reading a few stories of people's issues with the heat pressed customization.  One instance is where the person doing the heat pressing didn't allow enough time for the just-pressed jersey to cool down and folded it up right away thus putting a huge fold/crease in the nameplate and numbers.

27 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Best part is I am already reading a few stories of people's issues with the heat pressed customization.  One instance is where the person doing the heat pressing didn't allow enough time for the just-pressed jersey to cool down and folded it up right away thus putting a huge fold/crease in the nameplate and numbers.

Its not even good heat pressed customization. They look like garbage from the second they are completed. 

49 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Its not even good heat pressed customization. They look like garbage from the second they are completed. 

These are the same fans that buy the knockoffs.  If it's cheap and somewhat resemble a jersey then that's good enough for them.

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

These are the same fans that buy the knockoffs.  If it's cheap and somewhat resemble a jersey then that's good enough for them.

If only they knew the right way. 

Meigray has a few blank Devils ultrafil jerseys in their clearance section. They have a 52 and a few 54s and 56s. No idea if they're new or stripped or what but they're $149.  Might be worth an email to them for more info if you're looking for one of that vintage. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Meigray has a few blank Devils ultrafil jerseys in their clearance section. They have a 52 and a few 54s and 56s. No idea if they're new or stripped or what but they're $149.  Might be worth an email to them for more info if you're looking for one of that vintage. 

They're brand spanking new and worth every penny. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

They're brand spanking new and worth every penny. 

Black and red or Christmas tree?

Red and black only (no white and black). If they were the vintage red and green I'd have bought all of them already instead of buying two. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Red and black only (no white and black). If they were the vintage red and green I'd have bought all of them already instead of buying two. 

Haha, I assumed as such but still figured I should ask. And I would not blame you one for doing that if they were all Xmas trees! ;)