sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

I wouldnt go ‘92-93 as he was only called up for one game that year and that was in the white jersey. You could go for a ‘93-94 Calder trophy jersey.

To add, I think his 92-93 his call up consisted of him sitting on the bench and not getting playing time.  He spent pretty much the entire season in Utica.

Also for some reason the 95 cup patch the originals are hard to find and the repros are at best just OK looking.

Edited by Devilsguy

Brodeur’s road 1995 Finals jersey was for sure airknit, so I imagine the OP will probably not want to consider that option.  Despite that jersey being airknit, it seems that quite a few ultrafils were used the next season in 1995/96, including a home Brodeur.  I don’t know about the road one though; you Devils fans would know more about that than I.

8 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Brodeur’s road 1995 Finals jersey was for sure airknit, so I imagine the OP will probably not want to consider that option.  Despite that jersey being airknit, it seems that quite a few ultrafils were used the next season in 1995/96, including a home Brodeur.  I don’t know about the road one though; you Devils fans would know more about that than I.

That was a weird year.  They mixed and matched that one.  In 95 they used set 1 for regular season and then I believe set 2 in playoffs.  They did use a mix of air-knits and ultrafils in that playoffs/finals.  In 95-96 most players wore their ultrafil 95 playoff stamped jerseys for their set 1's before going almost if not all air-knit for set 2.

Just a hodgepodge at that time and it really depended on player to player.

Well this discussion escalated in my absence. 

Agreed with all of the above. 93-94 makes the most sense. Which basically means name, number and no special patches. 

But, you made me realize that I could do the 92-93 patching on my incoming Ultrafil (Stevens, mine wasn't stripped so the single digit is no issue), so thanks for that!

That's why I had made my red ultrafil a Brodeur with no patches.  Too risky with them changing things during that time.

26 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

That's why I had made my red ultrafil a Brodeur with no patches.  Too risky with them changing things during that time.

I have one of those as well. 

I also hava a white MacLean Ultrafil with the 95 cup patch, though. 

MeiGray justed listed Vegas GIs and preseason jerseys at more affordable prices.

Edited by amonte78

5 hours ago, amonte78 said:

MeiGray justed listed Vegas GIs and preseason jerseys at more affordable prices.

Dammit lol.  I'm honestly kind of tempted here now.

31 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Dammit lol.  I'm honestly kind of tempted here now.

I couldn't resist and bought one right away :D

I would have bought a VGK at the warehouse if I saw it. 

However, reflecting on what I spent at MeiGray, and the cost of a preseason WITHOUT a patch, I am better off saving.  They dont have the special VGK set patch in the jersey (or at least the Carrier on ebay didnt) and you can probably get a similar deal on one that was worn a full set next year.  

Edited by NYIJM29

35 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Congrats Amonte. Whose did you get?

Agree that it's a shame that they just "found" these now! 

Thanks, I got a Jiri Patera GI, which was one of the cheapest..I just wanted a VKG jersey, because apart from all the hype, those jerseys look awesome.

10 hours ago, amonte78 said:

I couldn't resist and bought one right away :D

What were the lowest priced ones going for? I can’t believe I missed out on this, I’ve veen waiting for months for some lower priced ones.

Cheapest GI’s I saw were going for $395.  There are still some up on the site.

16 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Cheapest GI’s I saw were going for $395.  There are still some up on the site.

Then I didn’t look carefully enough. 

FWIW, Devils GI’s this year also started at the same price. Probably makes that price for a VGK inaugural season jersey (with the patch or not, it still is) seem like a better bargain. 

2 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

I think Devils Pro Players are pretty rare, here is on that needs to be stripped, but with the best offer option - it could be a great deal: https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Pro-Player-NEW-JERSEY-DEVILS-16-CUSTOM-1999-2000-Authentic-JERSEY-SIZE-54/202378132498?hash=item2f1ead3c12%3Ag%3AZi4AAOSwlulbVVBc&_sop=10&_pgn=2&_sacat=24510&_nkw=jersey&_from=R40&rt=nc

Confirming both they are pretty hard to find, and that one needs to be stripped. Even at $100 it’s not an awful deal. 

Just now, jsh139 said:

Wonder why the name is blurred?  That is odd.

I really need someone to buy it to see if it has a dirty word on it.