sungod661

DEALS AND STEALS

How does the 20% off coupon work for the seller?  Is the seller supposed to just eat 20% of the selling price or does he/she get compensated somehow from eBay in the form of funds or reduced seller fees?

8 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

How does the 20% off coupon work for the seller?  Is the seller supposed to just eat 20% of the selling price or does he/she get compensated somehow from eBay in the form of funds or reduced seller fees?

It’s expired, but when they offer that, eBay eats the 20%. Seller still gets the full price. 

Thanks for the clarification.  Since the coupon seemed to work on just about any item, it didn’t seem fair to me that any seller would just be forced to take 20% less without any choice in the matter.

1 hour ago, LAK74 said:

Thanks for the clarification.  Since the coupon seemed to work on just about any item, it didn’t seem fair to me that any seller would just be forced to take 20% less without any choice in the matter.

Fortunately, that’s not what happens. 

I was poised to buy an item, but then the seller raised the price by, coincidentally, 20%. I guess he either didn’t know how it works, or he figured someone would use the coupon and be happy. 

Instead, I passed on it. 

Sorry the coupon didn’t work out for you.  I actually used the coupon to pick up something from JB.  I was just about to e-mail him anyway to get the jersey off eBay, but the coupon actually worked out better for me, and I ended up saving $63 off the regular price.

10 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Sorry the coupon didn’t work out for you.  I actually used the coupon to pick up something from JB.  I was just about to e-mail him anyway to get the jersey off eBay, but the coupon actually worked out better for me, and I ended up saving $63 off the regular price.

Well done my man. 

I picked up a jersey I had my eye on just to see how the coupon worked. 

You only get 20% *up to $100 (not sure if that was already mentioned) 

Worked fine by me, I was gonna try and get the seller down a little and this worked out perfectly so I didn't have to try and chew em.

Thank you to all that brought it to our attention.    

I used the 20% off with JB and got a home and away 'Hawks and an '09 'Hawks WC. Best part is you could use the coupon more than once so I did two orders and saved $165 total. Hopefully they do this again soon, it got me three jerseys I really wanted.

16 minutes ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

I used the 20% off with JB and got a home and away 'Hawks and an '09 'Hawks WC. Best part is you could use the coupon more than once so I did two orders and saved $165 total. Hopefully they do this again soon, it got me three jerseys I really wanted.

That’s odd, usually they only let you use their coupons once per account. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s odd, usually they only let you use their coupons once per account. 

I was surprised too but being ebay was paying the tab I didn't question it. JB gets his full price and I get a deal. Win Win.

28 minutes ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

I was surprised too but being ebay was paying the tab I didn't question it. JB gets his full price and I get a deal. Win Win.

Absolutely!!

14 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

That's strange. I attempted to use it on a second purchase of pro stock gloves and got an error message stating I already used it. Had to have a friend buy it for me using his account.

Not that I'm condoning crappy adi-zero jerseys, but for $73 USD SHIPPED, that's a stupid deal:

https://www.morethanjustcaps.com/collections/sale-nhl-jerseys

Use code 'twitter10' for an additional $10 off

Never seen them below $100 before. And before you ask, yes of course I bought one but solely with the intention of stripping the crest for a project jersey :)

23 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Not that I'm condoning crappy adi-zero jerseys, but for $73 USD SHIPPED, that's a stupid deal:

https://www.morethanjustcaps.com/collections/sale-nhl-jerseys

Use code 'twitter10' for an additional $10 off

Never seen them below $100 before. And before you ask, yes of course I bought one but solely with the intention of stripping the crest for a project jersey :)

Very interesting. That's the pricing of a place that no longer plans to carry them. I wonder if a change in what is available is forthcoming...

21 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Very interesting. That's the pricing of a place that no longer plans to carry them. I wonder if a change in what is available is forthcoming...

Could be.  Hope so.

Thought it could be just them clearing inventory and focusing more on core products since they are more known for their caps.

16 hours ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

Blank or customized? Team Issued?

53 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

They give a bit of an explanation on their facebook page today under the post "Final Inventory Clearance". 

31 minutes ago, OneJerseyMemorabilia said:

They give a bit of an explanation on their facebook page today under the post "Final Inventory Clearance". 

Was there more than that or was "Final Inventory Clearance" the explanation? 

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Could be.  Hope so.

Thought it could be just them clearing inventory and focusing more on core products since they are more known for their caps.

But...they're More Than Just Caps...

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Was there more than that or was "Final Inventory Clearance" the explanation? 

This was their reasoning:

"More Than Just Caps Clubhouse will continue to produce custom apparel, Pro Stitch Hockey jerseys, full service team orders and custom embroidery. As a smaller operation we have found the Jersey market no longer needs us and as such we are liquidating the inventory. We will still take orders and get you products you need but our primary focus will be on our custom brand apparel and caps unique to us. We are leaders and the best in Jersey customization and will continue to offer this service. We thank you for your support in our business model transition and hope you enjoy the big discounts we are passing on in the process! "

Makes sense. Unfortunately that does NOT mean the beginning of the end of Adizero. 

Congrats to anyone who scores one, though, they are essentially half price. 

9 hours ago, mdwsta4 said:

That's strange. I attempted to use it on a second purchase of pro stock gloves and got an error message stating I already used it. Had to have a friend buy it for me using his account.

It might have been that I used my PP balance for the first purchase and not the second. I tried a third time just to see if it would work again and it said the coupon had been used.

8 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Blank or customized? Team Issued?

Just blanks, not team issued.

My bro got one for himself and one for me the other day. I couldn't resist once I saw the price. It's a good deal indeed.

eBay 15% off coupon code for today only: PGETTHEAPP

Must be used through the eBay App only - it will not work directly through the website.  Good until 12:00 AM tonight