sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, furiousd said:

I'm simultaneously excited for a chance to get one, and disappointed that it would likely be a money pit, since there are a ton available.  But... if I really cared about the latter, I wouldn't be in this hobby.  😂

You will 100% never get that money back. That’s what buying from MeiGray is.  You are essentially paying top dollar.

these are no different, except that you can’t find them anywhere else anyway, so top dollar in this instance is also the only dollar.

I saw that Vegas is no longer a MEI Gray team, so it makes sense that they are selling them off. For a blank TI MIC of a pretty popular team, I'd say this is a very good deal.  

Funny that a little over a year ago, you couldn't land a Vegas GI of their AHL callups for less than $750-900 and now you can get a blank for $250 and make it into any player! 

Will probably see a bunch of these on the secondary market very soon 

Is it concerning that they listed them as "Adidas Adizero"? 
 I thought the Adizero term was the retail version? With the button on the front?? 
Maybe I'm not up on the correct terminology 😐
Is the Adizero the On Ice version? 

48 minutes ago, hatryk said:

How much for the actual custom job. Perforated numbers =top dollar?

EPS charges $85 for the perforated numbers on a 2016 USA World Cup, I would guess it would be similar. 

35 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I thought the Adizero term was the retail version? With the button on the front?? 

I think Adizero just refers to the Adidas material/cut. 

36 minutes ago, Hockey Bob said:

I think the term refers to both, except that the retail version is made in Indonesia, of course.  Retail Adizeros from last season and this season no longer have the button.

“Adizero” is Adidas’s product name for the jersey cut. Like Reebok’s “Edge”. The fact that there are Canadian and Indonesian versions is irrelevant. They’re all Adizeros. But Meigray only sells team stock so you can be assured it’s the real deal. 

13 hours ago, jsh139 said:

“Adizero” is Adidas’s product name for the jersey cut. Like Reebok’s “Edge”. The fact that there are Canadian and Indonesian versions is irrelevant. They’re all Adizeros. But Meigray only sells team stock so you can be assured it’s the real deal. 

The naming difference I believe is that the indo's are called the climalite jersery and have climalite written in the neck area where the MIC are not called this and don't have the writing in the neck area. 

1 hour ago, TMLFAN said:

The naming difference I believe is that the indo's are called the climalite jersery and have climalite written in the neck area where the MIC are not called this and don't have the writing in the neck area. 

I think of "Climalite" and "Breakaway" as sub-categories of the Adizero.  It appears that Climalite is their name for the material technology.  They make other clothing that uses it (socks, underwear, shirts, etc).

I pulled the trigger and got a 56 in gray and a 58G in white. I officially own at least one jersey from every franchise in the league now. Now I need to finish getting at least one authentic jersey from every franchise. I’m only missing authentics for Columbus, Detroit and Nashville. I also don’t have any jerseys for Winnipeg but I have several Thrashers. 

Edited by TheKevinShow

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I was going to get one to make into a Fluery but decided I’d better not. 

Too bad. I was hoping to buy it from you at a steep discount in about 6 months. 😂

1 hour ago, AlereFlammam said:

Too bad. I was hoping to buy it from you at a steep discount in about 6 months. 😂

I’d like to say that wouldn’t have happened. 

22 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

I see what you did there ;)

Very sneaky, but well played sir! 

I have no idea what you are talking about. ;) 

For those interested, received my Golden Knights MIC TI from MGG today -- good news is that it's exactly as advertised. Blank TI with no internal tagging, but otherwise 100% legit with all the correct features. Happy with the purchase and not having to strip one! 

Just now, SnakeOiler12 said:

For those interested, received my Golden Knights MIC TI from MGG today -- good news is that it's exactly as advertised. Blank TI with no internal tagging, but otherwise 100% legit with all the correct features. Happy with the purchase and not having to strip one! 

Makes sense, kind of what I expected. 

I really do like the look of those jerseys. But I don’t deviate.