DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

If you can sit there and say the people selling them on eBay at double or triple the price are wrong, then you guys need to think more realistically about things. If a jersey sale went on here in NJ I wouldn't say a word about it and I would buy every jersey I could and mark them up on eBay to help myself financially. Nobody is in this hobby to cut deals constantly and I don't care what anyone says...I'm getting tired of all this s*** about "oh the guy on eBay should help me out" well guess what, I bought 6 jerseys from different sellers on eBay for almost no mark-up. Instead of calling people names and whining maybe some of you should have messaged the sellers and explain you know the sale and look..this is what I'm willing to do with X amount of dollars.

And for those of you that stiffed cowboys, well shame on you and I hope your castrated by high noon tomorrow.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you can sit there and say the people selling them on eBay at double or triple the price are wrong, then you guys need to think more realistically about things. If a jersey sale went on here in NJ I wouldn't say a word about it and I would buy every jersey I could and mark them up on eBay to help myself financially.

I have no problems with what you said. If a sale like that happens, if you choose to keep it hush hush thats fine by me (and probably the route I would have gone as well), but don't come on here and brag about what you bought, post pictures in the arrived thread, (and what price you paid) and how you are not going to help someone. No need to taunt. That is where my issue is. Kurt, you know me. I have no issues laying out money or helping someone pick something up for them. And the comments about laying out money is bulls***. If you use a credit card, and have a receipt, you can always return the item. I have helped other members on here before. I gotta give props to Thelonious because he checked stuff out for me (unfortunately they did not have what I wanted when he checked for me). I have had jerseys that I sold on eBay for massive profit, but I never mentioned it on the board because I knew it was ethically wrong to do so--its a community, don't take advantage. Don't mention something here and then list it on eBay for massive profits. Either list it on eBay first and do not mention it or post it on here and help some people.

I would just like to say personally that I really do appreciate the help of both cowboys and Thelonious Sphere Monk, who both helped me out. I know that not everybody is getting the help, and not everybody is even offering to help anybody at all, but I guess I am one of the lucky few. You two both did me a huge solid, and I really do appreciate it. I would like to think that if I was ever in a position to do the same for a fellow board member that I would. I am sorry that other people stiffed you and were jerks about it, but I appreciate you sticking your necks out for me personally, and I'm glad I was able to hold up on my end. You're only as good as your word.

Everyone is going to have differing opinions of who is in the right.....so I think we should end the discussion about that.....you choose to do what you want with it.....

I did not do the research here, but I did swing by looking for a Stars 6100 white sz 58 and did not find one, and I didn't remember who was looking for what, but if I did, I would have gladly picked some up for people because that is the way I am and I would like to think the favor would be repaid sometime in the future if I was looking for something.

Everyone is different and doesn't think like me or the next guy, and that is fine

What I find sad about this is that people stiffed cowboys and that sucks. Simply because

a - He put his own money into this and did not ask up front, which was nice of him

b - Given his experience, other people that encounter similar scenarios would be less inclined to do favours for others based on this, and this would only contribute to others skepticism

(i.e. if there was a sale say in California and I wanted someone to pick something up for me, they may be less inclined to do so based on cowboys experience)

I would like to think that generally members on here are good people, and I was willing to stick my neck out for others when I was trying to get jerseys from jerseybaron

Anyways, let's just put an end to this and sweep it under the rug, cowboys knows who stiffed him and we should just leave it at that......

I wouldn't really call this a deal or steal, just a noteworthy one, Victoria Royals Game Worn pink in the Rink jersey, it would be an.... interesting addition to any collection.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Victoria-Royals-WHL-Game-Worn-Pink-Rink-2012-Jersey-/170798632261?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item27c4644d45#ht_500wt_949

I'm sure this is a "No symphty for the devil" type thing in some of your eyes but I too got stiffed by 2 members after going with a list.

I had to sell them off to much more Junior memebers as I was trying to fill orders for the vetrans memebers 1st.

Thanks too Mike. Matt and Adam!!

I'm sure this is a "No symphty for the devil" type thing in some of your eyes but I too got stiffed by 2 members after going with a list.

If you don't mind me asking, is that a comment towards me?

No man! not at all

You didn't stiff me nothing. I offered you something you didn't want. Big difference. lol

No man! not at all

You didn't stiff me nothing. I offered you something you didn't want. Big difference. lol

Just making sure lol! Like I said, I really appreciated the help! :thumbsup:

If you can sit there and say the people selling them on eBay at double or triple the price are wrong, then you guys need to think more realistically about things. If a jersey sale went on here in NJ I wouldn't say a word about it and I would buy every jersey I could and mark them up on eBay to help myself financially. Nobody is in this hobby to cut deals constantly and I don't care what anyone says...I'm getting tired of all this s*** about "oh the guy on eBay should help me out" well guess what, I bought 6 jerseys from different sellers on eBay for almost no mark-up. Instead of calling people names and whining maybe some of you should have messaged the sellers and explain you know the sale and look..this is what I'm willing to do with X amount of dollars.

And for those of you that stiffed cowboys, well shame on you and I hope your castrated by high noon tomorrow.

See everything you said is unfortunately true but i have been lucky enough to meet great people in this hobby and have them come to my home and even go watch games with them. I have done a couple of solids for guys on this board. Thelonious is definitely one of the good guys and i side with him on it. The hobby is about the people in it too. It has changed so much in the last 10 years. Newer collectors are instant experts and do not take the time to listen to those who have been around a long time. When i first got started i was lucky enough to meet some great guys who i have become friends with. Many of the older guys have left the hobby because of the lack of respect between collectors. I am not in this hobby to cut deals or lose my shirt but i can tell you if just for Mike i have bought jerseys with my own money untill he paid me (which he did in full and threw in another 30$ for my troubles). In return mike has done me a favour when i needed it.

Some people on this board did not like the fact i am addament about protecting game worn jerseys from selfish collectors who strip them to make them into what they want, i won't rehash the entire argument but the fact this is even an argument shows the current state of new people in the hobby. The me generation is upon us it thinks everything is disposable and can easily be made into what we want cause i own it. I am sure i could go around buying jerseys and flipping them and make some extra $$$ but thats not my deal . If someone does it's there right but this is SUPPOSED TO BE A COMMUNITY.

this post wasn't a knock against flying high or anyone else just my humble opinion

See everything you said is unfortunately true but i have been lucky enough to meet great people in this hobby and have them come to my home and even go watch games with them. I have done a couple of solids for guys on this board. Thelonious is definitely one of the good guys and i side with him on it. The hobby is about the people in it too. It has changed so much in the last 10 years. Newer collectors are instant experts and do not take the time to listen to those who have been around a long time. When i first got started i was lucky enough to meet some great guys who i have become friends with. Many of the older guys have left the hobby because of the lack of respect between collectors. I am not in this hobby to cut deals or lose my shirt but i can tell you if just for Mike i have bought jerseys with my own money untill he paid me (which he did in full and threw in another 30$ for my troubles). In return mike has done me a favour when i needed it.

Some people on this board did not like the fact i am addament about protecting game worn jerseys from selfish collectors who strip them to make them into what they want, i won't rehash the entire argument but the fact this is even an argument shows the current state of new people in the hobby. The me generation is upon us it thinks everything is disposable and can easily be made into what we want cause i own it. I am sure i could go around buying jerseys and flipping them and make some extra $$ but thats not my deal . If someone does it's there right but this is SUPPOSED TO BE A COMMUNITY.

this post wasn't a knock against flying high or anyone else just my humble opinion

I think thats a good opinion though, and im glad you took the time to post it. Its just ashame how many people disrespect the next person in this hobby. Granted i am young myself but i look for advice from guys like yourself and other experienced collectors a lot and value their opinion. There has been too many times to count where i messaged SlimCutta and he took time out just to offer his advice, and thats what this hobby is all about. I think the whole thing that bothers me from this is that people stiffed Cowboys, i have personally dealt with him before and he is a good guy, he was willing to put his neck on the line so to speak and got burnt. I hope he flips them on ebay for double to triple the profit. This whole ridiculous sale has really ruffled some feathers haha.

I had to sell them off to much more Junior memebers as I was trying to fill orders for the vetrans memebers 1st.

Thanks too Mike. Matt and Adam!!

Was this towards me?

Well if anyone goes to SVP (Steeles location is close to me but they did not have any) and you find a Stars 6100 RBK white jersey (see my sig for reference) in a size 58 can you pick it up for me. (size 58 only, not interested in other sizes)

I have been looking for a size 58 to replace my 52 (Lindros wore 58 with the Stars)

I will not stiff you....and I will throw in a $15 finders fee for your gas/time on top of the $60 if you will get it for me.....

Since I was the guy who posted the SVP deal, perhaps I should have the last word regarding this...

I've already said it's not cool for those who stiffed cowboys, and those who tried to stiff Selanne8, c'mon man. I didn't help out that many people because of the potential of people trying to stiff me. I could have kept it hush hush but I felt this was a deal that should be shared among the community, so I think I did the right thing by spreading the wealth so to speak. I haven't even profited from this myself, which I easily could have. There are certainly those who have tried to profit, and that's fine. It's your money that you've spent, and the jersey is yours. If you didn't get what you wanted, I'm sorry that you didn't. But a few bad apples have probably ruined it for you.

And for the poster that said we can just return it because someone didn't pay, we can't. Because we got a discount on the sales tax for buying more than 12 jerseys, it's considered final sale. So on the one hand, you save 13%, but on the other, you're stuck with it. Otherwise, I'm sure cowboys would have just brought it back to the store and save himself some headache.

Anyways, I hope this doesn't deter people in posting great deals like this in the future.

I hate to have to keep score, but I would like everybody to try and remember who held up their end of the bargain on this one in the future. I'm not saying that on the other hand we should have the names of the people who stiffed cowboys and whoever else got stiffed, because they'll know who stiffed them and know for future reference. What I am saying though, is that people who do the right thing should be remembered for future sales so that people know that in the future if they ask for something that they will do the right thing again. Being one of those people who got help from not one but two people, and actually came through on my end, I would like people to know that if I say I want something and ask you to get it for me, I'm gonna hold up to my end and pay for what I ask for.

Well if anyone goes to SVP (Steeles location is close to me but they did not have any) and you find a Stars 6100 RBK white jersey (see my sig for reference) in a size 58 can you pick it up for me. (size 58 only, not interested in other sizes)

I have been looking for a size 58 to replace my 52 (Lindros wore 58 with the Stars)

I will not stiff you....and I will throw in a $15 finders fee for your gas/time on top of the $60 if you will get it for me.....

Man!

You live closer then I do!!? WTF?!? :lol:

:thumbsup: