DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, you'd think someone from the Hockey State might be interested in the thing, but not a huge amount of interest. I haven't sold anything on ebay in a dozen years, so maybe I'll get a bid or two at the end. There's a few decent deals on there, so it'd be nice to sell a couple things. :P

My stuff? Much of the stuff still has tags, i just didn't take pictures of them all. Also the dummy that customized many of them actually cut a few of them off. :o I saw him do it once and he looked at my face and said "what, did you want that to stay on?"

Actually, now that I look at it, only the Miller is one that he cut the tags off of, but he's done it before. The 2 thrashers, sabres, islanders, Quick and replica caps all have tags I neglected to take pics of. Maybe I sould edit them in?

How crappy are they? Are they worth $130? i have only read about them, never seen an Indo-Edge in person.

The pricing is dynamic based on inventory.

So I bought one of the Rangers Heritage IndoEdges on Amazon for $130 and I must say that they are not as bad as I would have thought. I wouldn't pay $250 for it, but for $130 the quality is reasonable. I do not know if the Heritage quality is different from the regular home/roads, but this one is defnitely not bad.

So I bought one of the Rangers Heritage IndoEdges on Amazon for $130 and I must say that they are not as bad as I would have thought. I wouldn't pay $250 for it, but for $130 the quality is reasonable. I do not know if the Heritage quality is different from the regular home/roads, but this one is defnitely not bad.

My feeling exactly. If you can get a good deal on one, do it. To be fair, I wouldn't pay $250 for a blank retail 2.0 either.

My feeling exactly. If you can get a good deal on one, do it. To be fair, I wouldn't pay $250 for a blank retail 2.0 either.

I wouldn't pay $250 for an Islanders 2.0 jersey either, especially when they will give you one for free with your name as long as you can stay upright on a pair of skates.

I wouldn't pay $250 for an Islanders 2.0 jersey either, especially when they will give you one for free with your name as long as you can stay upright on a pair of skates.

Actually not true.....Garth snow was

Pissed at me when I skated at the coliseum with my 8 month old strapped to me. I figured he would be impressed as half the team probably couldn't do it.

Actually not true.....Garth snow was

Pissed at me when I skated at the coliseum with my 8 month old strapped to me. I figured he would be impressed as half the team probably couldn't do it.

What did you say to Garth? I was nice to him. Eric Cairns was cool that day. He told me I could get to Niagara in 6 hours if I speed and then proceeded to tell me where I should go in that area for a good time.

It's got a lot of damage, so not such a great deal, at least imo.

You have a point. Though it seems to be confined to those two areas.

And gold Starter plates are pretty hard to come by regardless. It's always been the biggest pain in the a- to find gold Star-Knit for Pooh bear shirts. One man's trash is another man's source for a crapload of plates. I'll work the crap out of that thing. And I could harvest the NHL shield for a little project I'm up to.

Though if it had the "Lettered by..." and Set #x stamp in there along with some lettering, then it'd be hammered with wear. Interesting dichotomy I say.

Why thank you, B)

I have been looking for this one for a while.

There was one other bidder at the end that drove it up on me a little but I still am happy with finally finding one.

Yeah, and don't use acetone on those - the heat-pressed numbers on a nords jersey (the ones under the horrible new numbers) is a two layer film, the top layer normally peeling right off, that'll just turn into blue ink if you try using acetone.

The best method for old nords is to throw 'em in the dryer repeatedly until all the blue has flaked off, then, with only a white film-like heat-press remaining from the old numbers, use wax paper and an iron, and gently press the paper on them until it starts to melt a bit (don't wait too long - you'll melt the jersey)...but gently peel up the wax paper, lifting the heat-press as you go. And continuously repeating with a new portion of wax paper.

I've successfully stripped/cleaned an entire late 80s nords using this process (painstakingly), and I'm just now waiting to get the fleur-de-lis done up properly to be able to re-customize it. I have pics of this process, but haven't posted 'em anywhere yet...someday :D