DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Authentic home CCM airknit capitals Screaming Eagle, size 48. Customization is incorrectly done in layered instead of reverse kiss cut so it will need to be stripped. It also incorrectly has the NHL 2000 patch, by that time they had the black and silver NHL shield on the back hem. As a BIG positive this is the style (no Capitals written patch on the front) that the team wore they year they made the Stanley Cup Finals in 1998. The team only wore this style with correct tagging in 97/98 and 98/99. This is the first one I have seen in a long time, have at it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321096879410?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No International shipping arrgh :(

If you're a stickler for accuracy, stay away. The customization is really off

Here is a gamer

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2006_07_Simon_Gagne_Flyers_Game_Worn_Jersey_Alternate_Team_Letter-3089-89.html

is it really?? i didnt know it was that bad...i got it in a trade involving several jerseys...guess i just overlooked it

It's one of the toughest jerseys i have found to replicate. Heck, mine is off a bit, but I live with it.

You very rarely see them done right - probably only way is through Rubertis.

Can see that now, the numbers on the gamer are thinner and the name font is thicker, but as ever flyers jerseys are hard to get right :)

It's one of the toughest jerseys i have found to replicate. Heck, mine is off a bit, but I live with it.

You very rarely see them done right - probably only way is through Rubertis.

ahh..ok...im not an expert yet...i know this jersey has 1 layer sewn to the jersey and the rest sewn to each following layer

If you're a stickler for accuracy, stay away. The customization is really off

Here is a gamer

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2006_07_Simon_Gagne_Flyers_Game_Worn_Jersey_Alternate_Team_Letter-3089-89.html

Can someone tell me where I can get an A for this style of jersey please?

Can someone tell me where I can get an A for this style of jersey please?

Ruberti's would be your best bet; they were the original team customizer, I'm pretty sure. I'd still send pictures of exactly what you want, as it's possible there could have been slight variations from set to set.

Tried emailing Rubertis but their mailbox is full and ringing them from New Zealand would cost a bit. Any other ideas?

Tried emailing Rubertis but their mailbox is full and ringing them from New Zealand would cost a bit. Any other ideas?

Call via Skype. It's very cheap.

Contact Pro League Authentics, they will probably be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks! Does anyone have experience with this guys' customization?

I wouldn't trust a guy on eBay offering customization, especially on Rangers EDGE jerseys. There are only two places that can get the curve of the nameplate right, EPS and I assume Arena Wear because they actually do the Rangers gamers.

For that price you're better off dealing with Arena Wear, the only catch is you have to go through the NHL Store, and it's about $100 I think. Somebody else can confirm, but for 70 bucks for something that likely won't be accurate, you're better off paying the extra $30 to have the team customizer do it properly.

I agree with Dropkick. If I were going to spend that much to get a real on-ice jersey, I would never take a chance on having just anyone do the customization. If it turns out poorly, you'd feel like you were driving a pink Ferrari or something. I'd go with Arena Wear no matter what it costs.

This guy does spot on Rangers customization, but you will need to supply them with nameplate or he wont do it..

http://www.pro-jerseys.com/

This guy does spot on Rangers customization, but you will need to supply them with nameplate or he wont do it..

http://www.pro-jerseys.com/

I have used Gregg in the past and found him to be great to deal with and the workmanship to be good. Though he mostly sells replicas in his shop, I used him on some older Starter Ranger authentics so nameplates weren't a problem.

starter_six.jpg

At the risk of asking a dumb question: you guys trust this place for authentic 2.0's? I'm looking for a 46 and IJ doesn't have that size.

Contact Pro League Authentics, they will probably be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks a lot!