DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

At the risk of asking a dumb question: you guys trust this place for authentic 2.0's? I'm looking for a 46 and IJ doesn't have that size.

If he had any Kings I'd buy them in a NY minute. If I'm not mistaken, when IJ first offered 2.0's they had every size in Rangers from 46 to 60.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are correct- I think I saw size 46 listed briefly. I wasn't familiar with this retailer so I was looking for input. Thanks!

I have used Gregg in the past and found him to be great to deal with and the workmanship to be good. Though he mostly sells replicas in his shop, I used him on some older Starter Ranger authentics so nameplates weren't a problem.

Is the Beukeboom jersey on the bottom right correct? It looks like the name is straight across instead of arched?

I also didn't know so many local LIers were on this board. The Smithhaven Mall is right down the road from me. I've had him add patches, and the retired numbers on several Heritage jerseys, but had a few problems here and there, so opted against letting him fully customizing any of my jerseys.

Is the Beukeboom jersey on the bottom right correct? It looks like the name is straight across instead of arched?

I also didn't know so many local LIers were on this board. The Smithhaven Mall is right down the road from me. I've had him add patches, and the retired numbers on several Heritage jerseys, but had a few problems here and there, so opted against letting him fully customizing any of my jerseys.

starter_beukeboom_wht_sm.jpg

The Beukeboom isn't perfect, it's more arched than that group picture shows, but it's not overly arched. From what I've seen from gamers, the amount of arch varied wildly. Here's a Starter gamer (albeit a Liberty) that's almost straight across. Also here's his jersey from the Leetch retirement ceremony, which was also fairly straight. I've seen others where the letters bend down below the top of the numbers.

beukeboom_alt7.jpgbeukeboom_leetch_nyr1.jpg

If you want 100% on-ice accurate for that era you'd need to go to Cosby's and even then you're not guaranteed to get something perfect. I'm at the point now that if I want 100% accuracy, I'll get a gamer.

The kits that Gregg at Pro-Jerseys uses are pre-done, meaning for the most part he's got the players you see on his website. It's been a few years since I had those done, but his rates were better than EPS or Cosby's by far. It's just another option for folks looking to get Rangers shirts done who may not be willing/able to go the Arena Wear/Cosby's/EPS route.

At the risk of asking a dumb question: you guys trust this place for authentic 2.0's? I'm looking for a 46 and IJ doesn't have that size.

The seller kevchan777 is legit. His photos from the catalog aren't great, but I've bought from and others have too. I first heard of him when Vancouver had their Stick-in-Rink throwbacks and he had authentics before anyone else. I believe folks have contacted him before about 2.0s for other teams and he just gets what he cant from his Reebok rep, but seeing that he has some new teams is a good sign.

The Beukeboom isn't perfect, it's more arched than that picture shows, but it's not overly arched. From what I've seen from gamers, the amount of arch varied wildly. Here's a Starter gamer (albeit a Liberty) that's almost straight across. Also here's his jersey from the Leetch retirement ceremony, which was also fairly straight. I've seen others where the letters bend down below the top of the numbers.

beukeboom_alt7.jpgbeukeboom_leetch_nyr1.jpg

If you want 100% on-ice accurate for that era you'd need to go to Cosby's and even then you're not guaranteed to get something perfect. I'm at the point now that if I want 100% accuracy, I'll get a gamer.

The kits that Gregg at Pro-Jerseys uses are pre-done, meaning for the most part he's got the players you see on his website. It's been a few years since I had those done, but his rates were better than EPS or Cosby's by far. It's just another option for folks looking to get Rangers shirts done who may not be willing/able to go the Arena Wear/Cosby's/EPS route.

How much does he charge and does he sell loose kits?

The seller kevchan777 is legit. His photos from the catalog aren't great, but I've bought from and others have too. I first heard of him when Vancouver had their Stick-in-Rink throwbacks and he had authentics before anyone else. I believe folks have contacted him before about 2.0s for other teams and he just gets what he cant from his Reebok rep, but seeing that he has some new teams is a good sign.

Thanks. As a point of interest, I emailed him and he said the smallest size he could get is a 52.

Yes, that one's good. Bought from him before, friendly seller and a member here!

That's because he only paid $60 at SVP so you can haggle for a much lower price than $200.

That's because he only paid $60 at SVP so you can haggle for a much lower price than $200.

Ahh ok. I got it for $110 so I'm ok with that.

EPS is having their spring sale for anything mailed in today through May 16th with the promo code FBspring13 good for 20% off. One of their prior posts had said they where quite busy and when they where thinking about doing the promo it would be 2-3 months turn around

All I know is that I sent them a jersey on 3/14 for a patch and hem numbers to be put in and it's still not back. I wanted it for Sunday's game too.....

All I know is that I sent them a jersey on 3/14 for a patch and hem numbers to be put in and it's still not back. I wanted it for Sunday's game too.....

Did you tell them that you needed it for a certain date.

3/14 to now is nothing at all.

Not sure of that is a complaint or not

I dont think some people realize the sheer volume of work they do. If youve ever seen pictures of the interior, the amount of incoming boxes they have is insane.

These were not listed well on Ebay, somebody got a deal. New with tags red CCM capitals size 52 and 54 for $280 a piece. I bid up to $225, but in all honesty was thinking of flipping if I won so happy if somebody here got them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230960990384?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230960990399?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&autorefresh=true