DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

I called RCS to make sure the stuff I order was coming as a bunch of it is off the site, I was told that the jerseys were never sent to stores so they would be immediately shipped out, evidently they are leaving the warehouse today.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Like others, I ordered one and got that refund confirmation. Giving you $10 credit as an inconvience on overpriced, low quality crap is an insult. Not a big deal since the customization is god awful from the "offical shop" of the NHL. These a holes should honor their own mess up or at least compensate you reasonably.

You got $10 for something you don't even want. Why are you complaining? What was the inconvenience? You tried to take advantage of a clear mistake, they are not obligated to offer you anything.

You got $10 for something you don't even want. Why are you complaining? What was the inconvenience? You tried to take advantage of a clear mistake, they are not obligated to offer you anything.

To be honest I don't totally understand either.

You call it low quality overpriced crap, yet you think they should give you even more money for not taking your money for the low quality overpriced crap?

Just let me know and I can forward you the PDF.

Note, this probably won't help with ordering kits. Its pretty specifically an order form for sending in with your jersey.

I could probably use one of those-- if i send just the jersey do they have kits on hand that they charge extra for, or are the kits only available elsewhere?

To be honest I don't totally understand either.

You call it low quality overpriced crap, yet you think they should give you even more money for not taking your money for the low quality overpriced crap?

Favorite Player(s):Jaromir Jagr

How else can you explain his constant complaining about everything here?

I could probably use one of those-- if i send just the jersey do they have kits on hand that they charge extra for, or are the kits only available elsewhere?

I'm not even sure of the question, but even if I was I'm no expert on the Kings.

Are you saying you want to have them customize your jersey? In that case, no there's no extra charge (I was quoted $60).

Or are you saying you want to buy an extra kit in addition to having them customize your jersey?

I have no information on kits. So I wouldn't know what they would charge for that. But I think most kits are made to order, not really "on hand".

Sorry, yes i just meant having them customize it

Others have expressed interest in loose kits which threw me off, I'd want the actual team customizer to do it if possible

Sorry, yes i just meant having them customize it

Others have expressed interest in loose kits which threw me off, I'd want the actual team customizer to do it if possible

Then yea, the PDF order form should be all you need. Send it in with your jersey and you should be all good.

Then yea, the PDF order form should be all you need. Send it in with your jersey and you should be all good.

Would you recommend getting ahold of Bob first before sending the jersey in? Or would sending the jersey in with the PDF be sufficient?

I don't check the boards for a few days and looks what happens. If anyone has buyers remorse over a purple kings jersey, PM me...

I don't check the boards for a few days and looks what happens. If anyone has buyers remorse over a purple kings jersey, PM me...

Ever since I found this board I check it too many times to count. I'm sure they'll become available but probably not for $135

Would you recommend getting ahold of Bob first before sending the jersey in? Or would sending the jersey in with the PDF be sufficient?

Never sent anything there before, and I didn't get a response from Bob, but someone else who works for Bobcat Athletic.

I can't really say, but I wouldn't think that you'd need to contact them first.

The two kits I got from them resulted from me telling Bob what I need and where to ship, a reply comes my way "On the way! Thanks!" and it arrives 3 weeks later.

I understand being disappointed, but why should an online shop honor what is obviously a price error?

If you were selling a jersey in the trading section here, and accidentally wrote "35" instead of "350", I'm assuming you'd refuse to sell it to someone, even if they messaged you asking to purchase it prior to you noticing your error.

I understand being disappointed, but why should an online shop honor what is obviously a price error?

If you were selling a jersey in the trading section here, and accidentally wrote "35" instead of "350", I'm assuming you'd refuse to sell it to someone, even if they messaged you asking to purchase it prior to you noticing your error.

Well in fairness if you were a seller on eBay and you made that error you would be at the mercy of the buyer.

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

Well in fairness if you were a seller on eBay and you made that error you would be at the mercy of the buyer.

It's a different situation, since when you sell on eBay you are agreeing to rules put fourth by eBay as it is their marketplace. NHL.com is an independent site, so within the confines of the law they have nobody's rules to abide by. Like almost every major site, they most likely have some sort of reference to price errors in their terms of service.

It's an obvious price error. It's so obvious that it went viral on quite a few non jersey specific hockey sites.

There's nothing morally or legally wrong with NHL.com refusing to honor a pricing error. The only question is, would losing their Arse on however many jerseys were sold be worth dealing with angry customers, bad publicity, or extra work that would go along with cleaning up the situation? Obviously, they figured it would not be worth it, and chose to refund the customers.

Being disappointed? Sure. But I don't understand why a level headed person would have any resentment over a business not honoring a blatant price error.

@ hockeyjerseyssuck

I think some customers are used to having merchants honor pricing errors and mistakes (grocery stores, electronics stores etc) that they expect the same sort of thing from online vendors. I don't necessarily agree with that but to be absolutely fair a pricing error on the NHL online store website is not the consumer's problem, it is the store website's. Of course they don't have to shell out the jersey but the consumer is entitled to complain because it was an error on the website's side that ultimately wasted the customer's time.

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

2 years ago nhl.com had isles replicas for $12 I bought 3 and they honored that price even though it was an error. (Enter sarcastic isles comments below)

You got ripped off!

I was actually thinking, and this is TOTALLY JUST A THEORY, but I wonder if they're Team Issued blanks, since the Kings won't be using that style anymore. I wonder if they bought overstock from the team/Reebok.

My significant other ordered one for me, but her bank thought it was a fraudulent charge (since it was from Canada), so we lost out since they don't hold the item for you =(. Rob at RCS was looking into seeing if he could somehow make it up and find me one, but he said they bought out the left over stock from Reebok, and that is all they are going to get. So I would like to assume that they are indeed TI, especially since a 58 is actually a 60 in retail sizes.