DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had an Oilers one in my cart and when I was checking if it was a 2.0 on the population reports someone took it from me!

Rat bastards.

I got the same style but in a 58

I was trying to nab an Oilers Retro Ben Eager 56 and it got nabbed before I could check out, so I know your pain. $99 for a gamer of that style is indeed quite a deal!

Oh man.....just when I thought I was going to try to take a breather for a few months, this sale comes along......

Same here :D

Bought a Cumiskey Avs for $99, because he just won a Stanley Cup with the Hawks :)

I dilly dallied and missed the $99 stuff I wanted but did grab one at $149. I guess meigray was listening when someone on gameworn mentioned bringing back the $99 sale

From what I saw on the FB group, interesting happenings during this sale lol.

Alright, I caved this morning. I couldn't resist getting one of the dozen or so Chris Kelly gamers that Meigray has.

One could argue (especially to your significant other), that only purchasing one of a dozen was "resisting". Coulda been worse!!

Honestly, MeiGray completely confuses me. There are hundreds (thousands?) of jerseys they have that are older, haven't sold, and likely will never sell at their present prices. I guess the "good stuff" they sell is sufficient to keep them afloat, while the "bad stuff" sits in their warehouse in perpetuity.

Interested in so many great names that were available for $99: Eager Oilers, Hordichuk Oilers, Koci Avs, JP Dumont Preds...and how about an Emery Flyers for $149. And if someone missed out: plenty of no namers still available for $350 ;)

Honestly, MeiGray completely confuses me. There are hundreds (thousands?) of jerseys they have that are older, haven't sold, and likely will never sell at their present prices. I guess the "good stuff" they sell is sufficient to keep them afloat, while the "bad stuff" sits in their warehouse in perpetuity.

I'm with you - some of the prices are so bizarre. I'd love to know how they decide to set prices. There's an 08/09 Kulemin on there for $1,750. Maybe they think Kulemin himself is going to buy that jersey?

That being said, it was nice to pick up a style of Leaf jersey I don't have yet, and a couple of ex-Leaf gamers all for about half of what I paid for my Jokinen gamer (yes, I feel much shame).

I was also upset by how they have so many practice jerseys of certain teams but no Devils. I'd like to start collecting those.

Got my gamer in from yesterday's Meigray sale. I will take better pics later but stoked that I got it at a great price.

18738600063_850fcab994_z.jpg

19353129852_f99f5848f7_z.jpg

Got my gamer in from yesterday's Meigray sale. I will take better pics later but stoked that I got it at a great price.

Arguably the best of the Devils gamers that was available during that sale. Nice pickup!

Arguably the best of the Devils gamers that was available during that sale. Nice pickup!

Thanks and I was between that or the Vochenkov, which I believe 1 or 2 are still available when I checked this morning.

When I was at their offices to pick up the jersey, they told me they sold about 300 shirts last night through this sale. I can imagine they will start shipping out next week.

I'm not surprised, great prices and I don't recall them doing anything like that since I have been following them, which hasn't been too long.

Also not surprised that Volchenkov's jerseys are still around, he barely moved while he was wearing them (toward the end, anyway), why should they move while MeiGray is selling them?

Edited by mfitz804

I'm not surprised, great prices and I don't recall them doing anything like that since I have been following them, which hasn't been too long.

Also not surprised that Volchenkov's jerseys are still around, he barely moved while he was wearing them (toward the end, anyway), why should they move while MeiGray is selling them?

I am just surprised no one bought them to flip them at least. Plus one of the white ones of his has a nice mark on the back on the nameplate which I would believe to be easy to photomatch.

They have done this in the past and they told me the last time they did this was about 10 years ago. Going through the archives at GW.net this is accurate.

Now if Meigray would bring back the tent sale then it will be a full on blast from the past

I thought about grabbing some to flip, but that strategy never seems to work out for me so I declined.

The Meigray sale was great. I had a blank Predators blue (MGG ebay coincidentally) that I was going to get lettered. Now I have a game worn and can flip my blank Edge jersey.

I think in an old sale (the "easter egg" one) they had Sedin jerseys for dirt cheap.

I was wondering that too about the summer sale. I wonder if the terms will be like last year's or different now that they moved 150 jerseys in the grab bags and now 300 in yesterday's sale alone (with about another 100 still on discount). Will be interesting to see and there are still a couple of jerseys I am eyeing for the summer sale.