DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Ok, it's a poop jersey. That's working, thank you my friend.

FYI the answer is yes. My daughter was a baby once.

I can tell you stories. Horrible, horrible stories.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can tell you stories. Horrible, horrible stories.

The day after the day my daughter came home from the hospital has thereafter been known as "Poop Sunday", aka "The Day of 13 Poops". There were few survivors.

I had to re-read your post, and that was indeed well played.

I was too busy basking in my defeat to appreciate it at the time, my apologies. I don't know what everyone else's excuse is.

This topic has taken an unexpected and disturbing turn. I do not approve.

Nor do I not approve of my humor going unnoticed. Blargg!

Oh, I get it now. Unfortunately I can't really argue due to the current state of the team. I was more concerned about the potential literal feces than the figurative stuff.

Oh, I get it now. Unfortunately I can't really argue due to the current state of the team. I was more concerned about the potential literal feces than the figurative stuff.

Uh huh. Feces on the ice would have been an accurate assessment unfortunately.

The day after the day my daughter came home from the hospital has thereafter been known as "Poop Sunday", aka "The Day of 13 Poops". There were few survivors.

Think of that for a week straight. Then think about having twins and one passing that onto the other so you get that for a week straight each back to back. You have poop Sunday, I have poop half of November.

That Devils was a nice steal!

I picked this one up fairly cheap, The stains were way worse than the pics showed but I was able to clean it up

Looks like brand new

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221849543411?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This global shipping garbage really freakin pisses me off. It seems like 90% of US sellers are now opting into this crap and it just jacks up the price all of us in america jr. have to pay. I see deals on Ebay on a daily basis and almost all the time the global shipping costs ruins it.

This global shipping garbage really freakin pisses me off. It seems like 90% of US sellers are now opting into this crap and it just jacks up the price all of us in america jr. have to pay. I see deals on Ebay on a daily basis and almost all the time the global shipping costs ruins it.

I don't think most US sellers have any idea how that program affects non-US buyers. They just think hey, I can ship it to one central location in the US and someone else does all the work.

Also, for me personally, about 75% of my overseas eBay transactions have been a pain in the butt, so I stopped offering international shipping as a rule. Global Shipping is a default option that is added unless you turn it off (once you opt in, which many of us did without fully understanding).

That being said, whenever someone outside the US asks if I can ship to them, if they seem normal, I typically relent and ship to them.

So, inform me, what is the added cost to you if I use Global Shipping that you don't pay if I ship directly and declare the item the right way at actual value?

I don't think most US sellers have any idea how that program affects non-US buyers. They just think hey, I can ship it to one central location in the US and someone else does all the work.

Also, for me personally, about 75% of my overseas eBay transactions have been a pain in the butt, so I stopped offering international shipping as a rule. Global Shipping is a default option that is added unless you turn it off (once you opt in, which many of us did without fully understanding).

That being said, whenever someone outside the US asks if I can ship to them, if they seem normal, I typically relent and ship to them.

So, inform me, what is the added cost to you if I use Global Shipping that you don't pay if I ship directly and declare the item the right way at actual value?

Basically feebay charges us the duties and taxes on the value the item sells for at the time of the sale on feebay. Where they get their calculations from beats me because what they charge is a joke and the cost goes up the higher the price the item sells for. Also, I guess since sellers don't know what the hell it is they charge regular shipping amounts to Canada in the $20-$30 range but they send the item within the states which obviously costs much less. If there is a really good deal by the time I message the seller to ask if they can opt out of it the item is gone.

ebay

Also, in all the years I've been buying jerseys on feebay I can count the times I had to pay duty/taxes on one hand but now feebay charges it on every purchase. bulls***.

I personally have dealt a couple of times with the global shopping program. As a buyer I am not very negative regarding the costs from this program. I live in the Netherlands.

When importing something overseas I can only go as high as $25 without import taxes.

Any amount above, they will charge import taxes and costs calculated over the value including the shipping costs + additional handling costs. If I buy something for $100 + $30 shipping I will get, according to the import calculation, another $40 extra at my doorstep.

You can check it here: http://www.importcalculator.com

The only way to avoid this is sending the package as a gift with a (max) value of $50, or ship without tracking. Asking this from a seller seems inappropriate to me.

When hunting for jerseys I always keep these additional costs in mind, which is not very helpful. So if there's any other way I to dodge these costs I would like to know.

I will email the seller and ask if they will ship direct rather than thru the eBay shipping method. Those fees are way to much no matter which way you look at it . If the seller says no I just move on as I will not pay triple the duties .

The only way to avoid this is sending the package as a gift with a (max) value of $50, or ship without tracking. Asking this from a seller seems inappropriate to me.

When hunting for jerseys I always keep these additional costs in mind, which is not very helpful. So if there's any other way I to dodge these costs I would like to know.

I like to ask the seller to mark down the price on the package. That way, I don't at least have to pay so much taxes. Didn't know that it helps to ship without tracking .

I like to ask the seller to mark down the price on the package. That way, I don't at least have to pay so much taxes. Didn't know that it helps to ship without tracking .

This might get the seller in trouble I've read somewhere. But then again, who can value a second hand or gameworn jersey right? :-)

Wait, so the fees you pay are more through Globsl Shipping than they are if I ship the same item and disclose the same value?

Yup they are. For example on $100 item it should be about $15-$20 duty charges. I believe Pitney Bowes (beats partner) charges $30-$35

Here's an example I pulled of Feebay;

21633262919_16e1392dd8_c.jpg

That's a 30% markup on the current price of the item. 99% of the time I won't pay duty on stuff I buy on Ebay but lets say that I did for arguments sake. Since I live in Ontario Canada Post would charge me a 13% tax on the declared value of the item plus $5 to do the paperwork. That's an extra 17% right in Feebays pocket. bulls***.