DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Having spent a great deal of time in the Facebook groups as of late, I am surprised that a few sellers there are way overpricing their jerseys. It's not everywhere (and I know the IJ members are reasonable) but some shirts are listed at ridiculous prices. The vets of the hobby also aren't as helpful as they are here.

This comes as a result of people crossing over the habits from a different interest. For example, the sneakerhead/hyped streetwear culture set the "BIN" of a given item at a price considered "rape" so they can give themselves a shot at a high offer from a desperate buyer. It sucks. And that very thing is what drove me away from the shoe game.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mean for gamers most of the buyers I have had are other collectors and they don't get hung up on the size as more likely than not they will never wear them out. I haven't worn most of my collection of 30+ or so game worn jerseys.

However if I am selling to the masses like on eBay, I usually throw the size on there just in case someone is concerned about it.

Having spent a great deal of time in the Facebook groups as of late, I am surprised that a few sellers there are way overpricing their jerseys. It's not everywhere (and I know the IJ members are reasonable) but some shirts are listed at ridiculous prices. The vets of the hobby also aren't as helpful as they are here.

Yeah I think the general mindset is that they out a high price on it so if they have to go down, they can and still feel like they are ahead of the game. If they are stubborn and won't budge, then that is their perogative.

As for vets not being helpful, well that's been an issue for a while. There are many vets who are very helpful and have helped me, but there are a lot of vets who view new people as more competition.

I mean for gamers most of the buyers I have had are other collectors and they don't get hung up on the size as more likely than not they will never wear them out. I haven't worn most of my collection of 30+ or so game worn jerseys.

However if I am selling to the masses like on eBay, I usually throw the size on there just in case someone is concerned about it.

I totally get it, but sellers must know that some people do wear their gamers. And, if player X wears a size 56, wouldn't you want to advertise your player X game jersey as a size 56, thereby making it clearer that it's legit?

It honestly drives me crazy, I may be alone in this.

I totally get it, but sellers must know that some people do wear their gamers. And, if player X wears a size 56, wouldn't you want to advertise your player X game jersey as a size 56, thereby making it clearer that it's legit?

It honestly drives me crazy, I may be alone in this.

Size can add some authentication, but it's one of the looser criteria. I have gamers of players who wear different sizes. One of the more extreme example is that for 2014 devils retro night Tuomo Ruutu wore a size 60 while he normally wears a size 56. Down the line if he sells it someone might question the jersey when it is in fact legit.

I have Andy Greene gamers that are both 54 and 56. Players bodies change, equipment availability and just plain player preferences can lead to this.

There are some wonderful people in the FB groups. In fact, someone just PMed me to offer a jersey that I have been looking for.

Still, I can't get over how territorial some people in that venue can be. You get the rants about even basic questions from those who lack the same level of experience. You get those who don't even consider negotiating, while others just automatically expect you to give a huge discount on a jersey. Just not much balance I guess.

This is nothing new in the game worn hobby. There are vets who are wonderful and vets who can be jackasses. You just gotta spend time and sort out who is who and stick with the nicer ones.

It's like a lot of other hobbies where the vets try to exert their longevity in the hobby to gain or maintain their stature in the hobby. However I think in the game worn hobby and jersey hobby in general where it's a pretty small group you tend to know each other real well and real quick and that magnifies things.

So I mostly collect authentic jerseys and am part of a couple FB groups but, was wondering if someone could advise of any other jersey forums/marketplaces besides these

- eBay

- Craigslist

- Game Worn Hockey Jerseys (Facebook group)

- Game Worn Hockey Jersey Collectors (Facebook)

- Gameworn.net forums

- Gamewornauctions.net

Thanks

There is also:

Gameworn.us

Gamewornjerseys.com

classicauctions.net (they just released their Fall auction catalog the other day)

Same as game worn auctions really except they operate out of Canada. Same basic rules as gameworn auctions and they too have that 19.5% buyers premium on their stuff as well.

Don't worry; no competition here. A friend of mine did express interest though so he'll be making an attempt on at least one.

In all honesty, I had my eye on that Edzo Leafs jersey and the blue Turcotte for obvious reasons.

Thumbing through the catalog, there is nothing really that I want from ClassicAuctions. They and GWA have been very light lately on Devils items in their auctions save for a hanful of high-end stuff.

This brand-new Hershey Bears authentic seems like a good deal at $75. But the seller accepted my offer of $60.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/321882400843?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&_mwBanner=1

http://www.classicauctions.net/virtual/F2015_online/F2015.html#p=1

My favorite goalie from Poland has about twenty of his jerseys up. Honestly, I want the Rats more than I want his Bingo or Hartford jerseys.

A few of Sidorkiewicz's lots have multiple jerseys and gameworn pieces. If anyone wants to partner up on a bid, let me know.

And he's auctioning the twin brother of this one, which sits in my collection.

lo5Jj1x.jpg

7WHAR9g.jpg

http://www.classicauctions.net/virtual/F2015_online/F2015.html#p=1

My favorite goalie from Poland has about twenty of his jerseys up. Honestly, I want the Rats more than I want his Bingo or Hartford jerseys.

A few of Sidorkiewicz's lots have multiple jerseys and gameworn pieces. If anyone wants to partner up on a bid, let me know.

Speaking of those jerseys, does anybody know what # Sidorkiewicz wore during the 95-96 season for the Rats? I'm assuming his normal 31, but Schwab was there for at least part of that season and he wore the 31 the year before. Those all look like bauers to me which would be later.

Edit: Answered my own question, it was #31. Found a video of him in a fight in '95 wearing #31.

Edited by JoeM7392

Sabres fake. They don't make edge in 48

Is that not a 6100? Because it looks like one and they made 48s in those.

Edited by JoeM7392

The Sabres is a perfectly legit 6100. (It's cheap because it's a slug!)