DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not a steal or a deal per se but has anyone pre-ordered a Meigray program jersey? I did it a few years ago with a Stars but can't remember how long it takes them to ship out a set 1 program jersey. Let's just say I will be closely following an overpaid Bruins grinder when they play at home this season.

I've pre-ordered from them before. They usually send once the team gives them the set 1 jerseys

Last year, they wore the set 1s until mid January, so realistically I'm not expecting mine until early Feb.

Another Meigray question for you guys: I noticed that some of their GI-regular season jerseys are priced higher than pre-season worn jerseys. Shouldn't a gamer (even if it was only worn in the pre-season) be worth more?

Don't try to find logic in Meigray's pricing. You'll give yourself a headache.

Last year, they wore the set 1s until mid January, so realistically I'm not expecting mine until early Feb.

Another Meigray question for you guys: I noticed that some of their GI-regular season jerseys are priced higher than pre-season worn jerseys. Shouldn't a gamer (even if it was only worn in the pre-season) be worth more?

I can't discuss MeiGray's pricing on pre-season worn jerseys, but I have discussed Barry's philosophy regarding game issued jerseys a couple times.

Basically, he knows that the people who buy GI jerseys are really just buying them as an alternative to buying an authentic and having them customized. So, he prices them so they are under what a customized authentic costs. Buy a GI from MeiGray and you are basically saving money off what a customized authentic would cost.

Or, as I do, catch them on sale (or just ask for the sale price even if the sale isn't on), strip them myself, have them re-customized with the player I actually want, and still wind up well under full retail for a blank authentic.

I'll add that the conversations discussed above occurred when I tried to convince him to take less than he wanted to for a GI jersey.

Ive also seen GI of more popular and skilled players at stupid prices.

I.e a Seguin for $600+

I'm sure I could look for more examples.... But I'm lazy

I haven't seen those. In my opinion, buying that would be incredibly dumb.

I paid a hefty amount for a Gagne Purple Vintage Kings GI, but that was before the style was readily available.

Fair enough, if it's a rare jersey it may make sense. Standard team jersey, not so much,

That's a size large replica, just so nobody's confused. I don't know why he says Size 60. A size 60 Pro Player authentic would fit a family of four.

Oh whoops - my bad. Wasn't trying to mislead anyone. I thought it was a legit authentic.

Thanks for catching that.

I wasn't referring to you being misleading; the sellers listing was misleading. But you're welcome :)

Is anyone in on anything with Classic Auctions? It ends this Tuesday. The one that I really wanted went way past my budget early on so I'm likely to sit this one out.

Would have loved to get one or both of Sidorkiewicz's River Rats lots that included the masks, but it's just an inopportune time. As much as I'd love to shell out for those that money is more useful elsewhere right now.