DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Mess was with Vancouver in 1997/98, so I don't think you'll find one. :)

Even if that jersey were a 1996/97, the font would be wrong for that season anyway, which is what I think Mike meant.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mess was with Vancouver in 1997/98, so I don't think you'll find one. :)

Even if that jersey were a 1996/97, the font would be wrong for that season anyway, which is what I think Mike meant.

Well sumbitch...lol.

***I just did some further digging and he did wear the Starter mesh. He signed with Vancouver for the start of the 97' season. The Rangers wore Starter mesh Liberty jerseys in 96'-97'.

I'm gonna keep digging. I need to find the fonts on that. I've got this jersey at home and want to know if it's right. Prolly not though...

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

The Starter Star logo on the hem is off. That was the logo used in 97/98, when he was gone.

The Starter Star logo on the hem is off. That was the logo used in 97/98, when he was gone.

Ahhhhhh. I see what you mean now. Couldn't make out the Starter lettering under the logo on NHL Uniform Database...Yup, wrong logo.

See? Always learning something new.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone here get this Berlin, WI Penguins jersey?

Just hoping it went to a good home and not "he who shall not be named". Would make me feel better about loosing out over my SNAFU of not checking if my num lock was off. Tried sniping it and the decimal wouldn't show and by the time I erased $7301 as my bid it was too late to enter the correct bid.

That's going to make a S W E E T Jagr jersey, well, you know, unless we see it relisted for $400 or mysteriously bid up to $637.16.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322040586674?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This might get buried in the eBay thread, so here.

$15 off $75+ on eBay until 5pm EST/2pm PST

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2016/0322/15Spring.html

This might get buried in the eBay thread, so here.

$15 off $75+ on eBay until 5pm EST/2pm PST

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2016/0322/15Spring.html

Appreciate the heads up and I used it. Had an item hanging out on my watch list that I was waiting for a deal on. This proved to be that deal.

Good for any registered user using Paypal, once per account.

I think this fits into this category.

Nice Devils Christmas pre-season gamer. Price is about right, but there is an offer button so you could get it cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322047880809?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I think this fits into this category.

Nice Devils Christmas pre-season gamer. Price is about right, but there is an offer button so you could get it cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322047880809?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

That's be a great way for someone to get a vintage game worn for a low price. Meigray has had them occasionally, priced the same. Very nice option for a new collector or someone who doesn't want to spend $800-1200 for a regular season one.

The problem with Global Shipping is, eBay doesn't explain how it works. They just tell us here in the States that all we have to do is register and then ship items to a US address and our obligation is done. It seems like a no brainer for us, until you realize you are losing customers due to the exorbitant charges.

Edited by mfitz804

My last purchase;

Winning bid was $45.25

Shipping and GSP charges were $31.46

Total $76.71

41% of the total was shipping and GSP fees

My last purchase;

Winning bid was $45.25

Total $76.71

Move to a real country.

I could see if the extra shipping was in line with customs but the price can be 3 to 4 times that

I understand that now, but before I joined this site and listened to all of you talking about it, I had no idea because all eBay said is "it's easy, you just ship to our US address and we do the rest". If that were the entire story, a US seller would be stupid not to use it.

My last purchase;

Winning bid was $45.25

Total $76.71

How much of the charge was shipping? And I assume you have to pay both the US shipping and the shipping from US to Canada. What kind of item was it (assuming a jersey but it could not be)? How did that charge break down?

Agreed the percentage is high, but you're paying 2 shipping charges, and shipping US to Canada can approach $20 on its own.

Priority Mail to Canadur is about $32 now.

Yeah, I'm assuming the example given included First Class international.

$6 shipping went to the seller

$10 shipping went to Pitney Bowes

$15 import charges to Pitney Bowes

That $15 is the killer. How do you justify $15 on a $45 sale. That's 33%

The sale was for a jersey

That shipping charge seems exceptionally low, but if that was what they charged, I see what you're saying. How would the actual import charges be calculated?

I've been using the global shipping program because I'm so nervous of shady people just claiming non receipt and me being SOL. I feel like once it's out of the country there's no recourse. With the GSP, once it gets to the domestic forwarding center, the seller's obligation is complete.

I'm guessing you can use USPS global express shipping, but that cost is just as exorbitant as the GSP anyway.

What do you guys do?

I cross the border and ship it to anywhere in the states...I know...I suck.