DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

Has anyone given thought to the Meigray summer sale? I have a couple of jerseys on my radar but I'm wondering what the sale will be this year.

My radar is on as well. There is a lightly worn game worn that is right up my present collecting alley....

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the past 2-3 years Meigray didn't announce the terms of the summer sale until about 24-48 hours before the expo. Expect the same again this year.

Also the summer sale typically is the same as the most recent previous holiday sale. If Meigray follows that pattern again, that means no more BOGO and all jerseys 13-14 and previous will only be 35% off.

87-88 I think. That one's is going to be a fight now, was hoping it'd fly under the radar.

87-88 I think. That one's is going to be a fight now, was hoping it'd fly under the radar.

Oops sorry:(

No big deal, that's the way it goes. Anybody looking for one was going to see it anyway, and anybody who wasn't won't pay what it will go for, so it doesn't change much.

I don't recall the Devils 87-88 jerseys having a Cosby logo screened on the hem, so it may not be 100% accurate.

The logo, not the jersey. Jersey is an 87-88.

Edited by mfitz804

Yeah, didn't even realize that. Glad you said something, I just assumed they did.

I don't recall the Devils 87-88 jerseys having a Cosby logo screened on the hem, so it may not be 100% accurate.

The logo, not the jersey. Jersey is an 87-88.

Yeah the logo is only on there because the seller bought it at their satellite store in Princeton. Cosby used to screen their name on everything they sold out of their stores even if the team stopped doing it. Otherwise it is a true 87-88 jersey.

BTW that reminded me of that Princeton store. Completely forgot about it but remember once driving by it but never stopping it. Used to be at the Forrestal Village complex on route 1 IIRC.

But they DID use a Cosby's logo at one time, did they not? I'm pretty sure they used the screened logo at certain times like the Rangers.

But they DID use a Cosby's logo at one time, did they not? I'm pretty sure they used the screened logo at certain times like the Rangers.

They did. I think the 86-87 season was the last year though and this is an 87-88 style jersey.

They did. I think the 86-87 season was the last year though and this is an 87-88 style jersey.

Yup, this is correct.

Didn't they switch to air knit for 87-88?

I believe it was split between ultrafil and airknit, but don't quote me on that.

I believe it was split between ultrafil and airknit, but don't quote me on that.

I think you are right on this too. Either it's half a season they wore ultrafil and other airknit or they wore ultrafil home and airknit away. I have to check later on that unless someone can confirm quicker.

It's worded as 'Switched to air knit in 87-88'... ... So switched to air knit at some point during the season? maybe carrying over the ultrafil from the end of 86-87 into 87-88.

Edited by JJM4

That's my recollection as well.