DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

7 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

C'mon guys...is $750 a good price???

I'd hate to buy one and have the other 2 sit on their website for a while...then they drop the price. 

But I'd feel good if I bought one and the other 2 sold soon afterwards. 

$750 is a lot...fack. Don't know what to do!

Not worth it. Remember the Jagr game issued Devils jersey floating around eBay that never went anywhere? That one sunk pretty low, and I'm fairly certain it never sold. 

Edit: didn't realize they were the retro jerseys, but still not worth it for a GI. 

Edited by thebiggoalie

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, jsh139 said:

Possibly? I dunno. Is a Game Issued jersey one that a player theoretically wore? Like maybe as a healthy scratch (or backup goalie). There's at least a small chance of there being some DNA on a GI, correct? ?

It says on their website that the team was supposed to wear one set per period of a game vs. The Penguins. They only wore one set for the entire game...so these were never worn. 

Just now, thebiggoalie said:

Not worth it. Remember the Jagr game issued Devils jersey floating around eBay that never went anywhere? That one sunk pretty low, and I'm fairly certain it never sold. 

Good to know. Thanks man.

I've never bought directly from Meigray before...only through ebay. 

You guys mentioned sales...is the sale over? Do they pop back up periodically? 

How can a fella save some cash? 

I'd like one but I'd be more comfortable around the $500 mark. 

5 minutes ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

It says on their website that the team was supposed to wear one set per period of a game vs. The Penguins. They only wore one set for the entire game...so these were never worn. 

Ah, so not worth it, IMO. It's just a properly customized jersey with a sandwich fight strap that sat in an equipment locker or something. 

1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Ah, so not worth it, IMO. It's just a properly customized jersey with a sandwich fight strap that sat in an equipment locker or something. 

But you had me at "sandwich"!!

Lol dammit I was hoping someone wouldn't let the cat out of the bag about those retro night GI's.  I picked one up last Monday after Meigray made a few collectors aware of them over a week ago.  Was hoping to possibly pick another one up soon and now looks less likely lol.

picked up a pando GI for $195.  Comes with an LOA as well.  It was cheap, a $195 jersey and a player that is decent.  Now I guess I can post it in the new arrivals thread soon.

And before people go nuts the other reason why I didn't say was that these are prime for certain people to buy these and then try to flip them on eBay.  I did message a couple devils collectors on here about them.

13 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Lol dammit I was hoping someone wouldn't let the cat out of the bag about those retro night GI's. 

Sorry ;) I was actually looking for a Mark Fraser jersey and saw those by accident :)

Currently resisting because I have a retro and I'm trying not to duplicate. But if someone wants to help me out and pick up the remaining Colin White so I can't buy it, it would be appreciated. 

And it's gone. Thanks!!

EDIT: No it wasn't, was in my cart.

It is now. You guys are a bad influence. 

Edited by mfitz804

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And it's gone. Thanks!!

EDIT: No it wasn't, was in my cart.

It is now. You guys are a bad influence. 

Sure you don't need another one? :D

7 minutes ago, amonte78 said:

Sure you don't need another one? :D

I definitely don't. But now I have another one. 

Was waiting it out until the summer sale, but as soon as this hit the board, I knew all of you non-Devils fans would be excited about having a nice jersey for once, and the $195 ones would be gone quick.

I had to act. 

Edited by mfitz804

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Was waiting it out until the summer sale, but as soon as this hit the board, I knew all of you non-Devils fans would be excited about having a nice jersey for once, and the $195 ones would be gone quick.

I had to act. 

I asked Meigray and the Retros wouldn't have been eligible as part of the summer sale anyways since it's considered a new arrival.

18 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

I asked Meigray and the Retros wouldn't have been eligible as part of the summer sale anyways since it's considered a new arrival.

Well then I made the right move. 

22 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I'm surprised that any of the MeiGray $99 gamers on eBay are going unsold. Obscure players or not, a gamer at that price is hard to pass up. 

All those boring pre-retro Oilers jerseys of a no name player, who cares? And for overseas buyers like me, I have to add $60 shipping and about $35 import fees. So it better be a nice jersey!

Well, the additional shipping argument makes sense. 

I guess since I'm just happy to have any gamers at all, I'm willing to settle for the scraps. 

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Well, the additional shipping argument makes sense. 

I guess since I'm just happy to have any gamers at all, I'm willing to settle for the scraps. 

Also in addition to those jerseys being of older and unpopular styles, they tend to be of no-names that were worn in few games with little to no wear that game worn collectors look for.

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

Also in addition to those jerseys being of older and unpopular styles, they tend to be of no-names that were worn in few games with little to no wear that game worn collectors look for.

This.

That's why the ones they're listing on eBay are going unsold for $99. Just not things collectors are looking for.