DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

On Monday, April 03, 2017 at 10:04 AM, galvinwong said:

Heads up, I was the ACC on Saturday and they had one Alumni Game gamer left (Bob McGill) at $500. Employee told me McCabe's went for $750 earlier. Considering the Leafs aren't releasing any gamers this season (or until Lou changes his mind) this sounds like a deal.

Of course.  When I was at the St. Pats game they had a Salming ($1750) and Vaive ($1000) on display.

Salming was gone by the 2nd period.

Figures they have the (relatively) cheap ones when I am not there.

Oh well....JB is getting these so I will wait. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/30/2017 at 11:48 AM, CJ Matthews said:

Who the hell is Sullivan? So many ruined jerseys. Jeez.

I asked him this question about a year ago before he started putting everything on eBay.  Sullivan is a real guy who owned a sports store and had a metric crap ton of jerseys done with his name on them as displays.  I bought a few when he was selling them on his site and they varied from super easy to strip to they are in the corner of my closet.  

FWIW the Devils Den (official team store at the Prudential Center) were selling blank Reebok premiers for $52 with free customization (heat press) at the last home game this past Saturday.  From what I hear they will still honor that price if they still have stock.  Also heard they sold about 400 jerseys just during Saturday's game alone.

36 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

FWIW the Devils Den (official team store at the Prudential Center) were selling blank Reebok premiers for $52 with free customization (heat press) at the last home game this past Saturday.  From what I hear they will still honor that price if they still have stock.  Also heard they sold about 400 jerseys just during Saturday's game alone.

Everyone in attendance bought one?

1 hour ago, Devilsguy said:

That's about $50 more than a heat pressed customized Premier is worth. 

1 hour ago, guam64 said:

Everyone in attendance bought one?

16,514 in the house on Saturday. 

20 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That's about $50 more than a heat pressed customized Premier is worth. 

16,514 in the house on Saturday. 

Best part is I am already reading a few stories of people's issues with the heat pressed customization.  One instance is where the person doing the heat pressing didn't allow enough time for the just-pressed jersey to cool down and folded it up right away thus putting a huge fold/crease in the nameplate and numbers.

27 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

Best part is I am already reading a few stories of people's issues with the heat pressed customization.  One instance is where the person doing the heat pressing didn't allow enough time for the just-pressed jersey to cool down and folded it up right away thus putting a huge fold/crease in the nameplate and numbers.

Its not even good heat pressed customization. They look like garbage from the second they are completed. 

49 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Its not even good heat pressed customization. They look like garbage from the second they are completed. 

These are the same fans that buy the knockoffs.  If it's cheap and somewhat resemble a jersey then that's good enough for them.

5 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

These are the same fans that buy the knockoffs.  If it's cheap and somewhat resemble a jersey then that's good enough for them.

If only they knew the right way. 

Meigray has a few blank Devils ultrafil jerseys in their clearance section. They have a 52 and a few 54s and 56s. No idea if they're new or stripped or what but they're $149.  Might be worth an email to them for more info if you're looking for one of that vintage. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Meigray has a few blank Devils ultrafil jerseys in their clearance section. They have a 52 and a few 54s and 56s. No idea if they're new or stripped or what but they're $149.  Might be worth an email to them for more info if you're looking for one of that vintage. 

They're brand spanking new and worth every penny. 

Red and black only (no white and black). If they were the vintage red and green I'd have bought all of them already instead of buying two. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Red and black only (no white and black). If they were the vintage red and green I'd have bought all of them already instead of buying two. 

Haha, I assumed as such but still figured I should ask. And I would not blame you one for doing that if they were all Xmas trees! ;) 

2 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

Haha, I assumed as such but still figured I should ask. And I would not blame you one for doing that if they were all Xmas trees! ;) 

I've been looking for a 56 for about 5 years, so I'd say I'm due. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

spectacular.gif

Whoops, guess I let the cat out of the bag, huh? Well, glad you got a few. I thought of your quest for a 56 as soon as I saw them. 

45 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Whoops, guess I let the cat out of the bag, huh? Well, glad you got a few. I thought of your quest for a 56 as soon as I saw them. 

Appreciate it; it's funny, when Size 56 Ultrafil become available, I usually get about 5 PMs/posts alerting me to their presence. I guess I've made my feelings well known. 

I do, of course, appreciate all the help, boys. 

On 4/17/2017 at 7:14 PM, mfitz804 said:

Man...ive pretty much filled my quota on Devils Ultrafils...still tempting though.

2 hours ago, The_Dude_Abides said:

Man...ive pretty much filled my quota on Devils Ultrafils...still tempting though.

I have plenty and no need for more and yet I am still tempted, so I understand. 

Wish they had some 48s.  I have a 52 and it's just a little too big :(  But, I am assuming these are TI blanks, so 48s would be pretty much non-existent.

26 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Wish they had some 48s.  I have a 52 and it's just a little too big :(  But, I am assuming these are TI blanks, so 48s would be pretty much non-existent.

Your assumption is correct. The more people talk about them, the more likely I wind up with another one. 

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Your assumption is correct. The more people talk about them, the more likely I wind up with another one. 

It never hurts to have another one ,there are so many players you can still get done up 

23 minutes ago, cowboys said:

It never hurts to have another one ,there are so many players you can still get done up 

You are an enabler. :)

18 minutes ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

What were the official years that the Devils wore this version of Ultrafil?

1992-1996ish, some air knits were in the 95 Finals set, and Set 1 of 1996 was Ultrafil (left overs from strike shortened 1995 season), then they changed over to air knit.

Thanks to Devilsguy who set this straight for me recently.  He tells it better and with more detail.