DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

I'm totally stealing another member's thunder here, and up to him if he's going to share, but any better steal than a first year California Golden Seals jersey for $86?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golden-Seals-Hockey-Jersey-California-NHL-/323807121418?hash=item4b6468900a%3Ag%3AJvsAAOSw-Nhc20lH&nma=true&si=5ANL3MneWoBLjXORg07hdLwB9Zw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Couldn't have gone to a nicer guy, though, so at least we can all feel better about that :)

And check, the seller's also posted the old trunk the jersey sat in for the past 50 years -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jenny-Lind-Steamer-Dome-Top-camel-Trunk-Wood-Antique-Restored-Refurbished-Brass/323576741822?hash=item4b56ad3fbe:g:69gAAOSwGIZcAdTw&frcectupt=true

:D

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

I'm totally stealing another member's thunder here, and up to him if he's going to share, but any better steal than a first year California Golden Seals jersey for $86?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golden-Seals-Hockey-Jersey-California-NHL-/323807121418?hash=item4b6468900a%3Ag%3AJvsAAOSw-Nhc20lH&nma=true&si=5ANL3MneWoBLjXORg07hdLwB9Zw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Couldn't have gone to a nicer guy, though, so at least we can all feel better about that :)

And check, the seller's also posted the old trunk the jersey sat in for the past 50 years -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jenny-Lind-Steamer-Dome-Top-camel-Trunk-Wood-Antique-Restored-Refurbished-Brass/323576741822?hash=item4b56ad3fbe:g:69gAAOSwGIZcAdTw&frcectupt=true

:D

Yes, there is a hockey jersey God. 

Oakland Seals 1967-68

Edited by tbart

That's not a California Golden Seals but an Oakland Seals jersey. The closed circle in the crest is the giveaway. Their first season in 1967 wasn't drawing the way they had wanted so they thought changing the name of the city would help. It didn't. Also, I don't think it's a Rawlings piece. That size tag looks to be General Athletic. Having said all that, GOOD EFFING GOD! That thing is from 1967. Was anyone here around in 1967? I know I sure wasn't.

But for the love of God...did you have to lay it on a goddamn bush to take the picture???

46 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

That's not a California Golden Seals but an Oakland Seals jersey. The closed circle in the crest is the giveaway. Their first season in 1967 wasn't drawing the way they had wanted so they thought changing the name of the city would help. It didn't. Also, I don't think it's a Rawlings piece. That size tag looks to be General Athletic. Having said all that, GOOD EFFING GOD! That thing is from 1967. Was anyone here around in 1967? I know I sure wasn't.

But for the love of God...did you have to lay it on a goddamn bush to take the picture???

Correct, the size tag is a giveaway and it also has the General Athletic tag on the inside hem. Not sure why he listed it as a Rawlings. Legit 1967-68 Oakland Seals jersey. And when I received the jersey, I made sure there were no leaf stains in the back :)

58 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

I’d bet @mfitz804 was around way before 1967....just a hunch though.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

People are so weird. They’ll toss a jersey on top of anything for a picture. Piles of other clothes, gross unmade bed, and now, shrubbery. 

15 minutes ago, KB67 said:

I’d bet @mfitz804 was around way before 1967....just a hunch though.

Wasn’t even a thought in my parents’ minds...do I come across THAT old???

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wasn’t even a thought in my parents’ minds...do I come across THAT old???

Maybe I just thought nobody under the age of 50 could possibly be a Devils fan.....

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Millennials...

What’s millennial mean? Are you calling me old?

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, furiousd said:

I thought you were saving up for a grail?  😛

3 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Oh I’m getting that too.

This hobby, in a nutshell. 

5 hours ago, Dr_Puck said:

Oh I’m getting that too.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

This hobby, in a nutshell. 

Lol. We are all guilty of this. 

The last gamer I bought, it took them a couple of months to remove it from the site.  Made me think they might have more than one jersey in the same set.  Also happened to someone else at the same time.  You just don’t know for sure if what you order is in stock until they charge you, I guess.

Anyone get any inside info on what the Meigray summer sale is gonna look like this year? Same old 40% off of 2016 and older stuff I’d guess?

19 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Anyone get any inside info on what the Meigray summer sale is gonna look like this year? Same old 40% off of 2016 and older stuff I’d guess?

Their real summer sale has been all year long...on eBay. 

54 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Even I would have bought that if I saw it, to re-sell. 

I would've wore a Haz Mat suit while handling it though. 

If you feel bad about missing out on that one, there is another one available right now. It's only $900 or so more:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-CCM-Center-Ice-TBTC-1992-New-York-Rangers-Pro-Jersey-Fight-Strap-52/323838365813

😮