DEALS AND STEALS

sungod661

49 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Will do. But I’m not expecting anything to happen. The call-taker suggested I file for tax exemption (like if I were a tax-exempt) organization. But, she forwarded my request to the tax department.

Hmm, is it worth me starting my own religion/church to avoid paying taxes on hockey jerseys? 🤔 

Not to get your hopes up but that's exactly what happened to me. I told them the entire state of NJ is exempt from tax on clothing so they forwarded it to their tax dept. Took about a week to get back to me.

Edited by Crash Line

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 8/31/2020 at 10:51 PM, perthisthereason said:

If you need money, I'm happy to take one or two jerseys off your hands ;)

Hah!  I did need money, but now I hear the LeClair sold... :(

Just heard back from eBay customer service.  They said that the tax department told them:

These clothing items should definitely be exempt in the state of PA. It's difficult to identify why these were taxed because they're older purchases and we're lacking data. However, it's very likely that the seller categorized these items as sports memorabilia. Please let buyers know that we'll always refund sales taxes where they were incorrectly charged.

Still waiting to hear back from customer service to see when and how much I will be refunded. 

Thanks @Crash Line for the tip! I owe you a beer, even if you are a devils fan ;)🍻

3 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Just heard back from eBay customer service.  They said that the tax department told them:

Still waiting to hear back from customer service to see when and how much I will be refunded. 

Thanks @Crash Line for the tip! I owe you a beer, even if you are a devils fan ;)🍻

No problem. We all get overtaxed as it is. I will take a Flyers loss tonight as enough payment. 

4 hours ago, SnakeOiler12 said:

That's awesome, congrats man. When did eBay start charging sales tax? 

How did you start the process with them? Via message or phone? 

Sometime around September, 2019, I believe. At least that’s the earliest I was charged. I contacted them via the website and had them call me. There’s an option for a callback. 

Yea, I went through the same process.  Also waiting to hear back from their (I assume) tax department.  First lady I talked to didn't understand what I was asking for and also tried to get me to fill out a form for tax exemption.  Next lady took down my purchased auctions and said they'd call me back in a few days.

Alright, 
Show of hands... who hates Hockey Bob? 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Blackhawks-Black-Adidas-Jersey-2019-Winter-Classic-Sz-56-Blank-Back/143715842601

I asked the seller if he had anything else and he replied "I buy random pallets of items that I list on eBay, I never know what I'm gonna get" 
My biggest score this year 

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Alright, 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Blackhawks-Black-Adidas-Jersey-2019-Winter-Classic-Sz-56-Blank-Back/143715842601

I asked the seller if he had anything else and he replied "I buy random pallets of items that I list on eBay, I never know what I'm gonna get" 

Not I, I think he’s swell. 

I’m a little jealous of the random pallet guy though, that sounds kind of fun. 

3 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

What the ...

what a lucky grabby

Holy s**t, that's sweet.

I try to keep going back to Ebay constantly, because you never know when you will come across something that the seller has no idea what it is.

5 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Alright, 

Holy s***, congrats!  That's what makes this hobby more fun is finding some of these steals.  We all pay up enough that it's nice to have some wins in there too in order to balance things out. 

Nice to know you could flip for 15 - 20 times the value at minimum if you ever decided to move it.

7 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Holy s***, congrats!  That's what makes this hobby more fun is finding some of these steals.  We all pay up enough that it's nice to have some wins in there too in order to balance things out. 

Nice to know you could flip for 15 - 20 times the value at minimum if you ever decided to move it.

I had 2 of these with Toews on them, one with the WC patch and one without. 
I listed the one without for $1000 on Facebook because it was missing the manufacturers tag and it sold in less than a day, the buyer didn't even try to haggle on the price. I may have left a little on the table but still made out OK. 

It is nice to get a little reward every once in a while for all the years I've been at it. :)
Thanks  

Not sure how accurate Adidas Canada/Adidas Online Shop are with pro jersey customizing. They were clearing out their Patrik Laine 2019 Jets Heritage pro hockey jerseys for $150CDN. Regular price was $250CDN. Add to that, an extra 40% off discount and the jersey came out to $90CDN ($101.70CDN total, after HST).  I thought for certain my order was going to get cancelled as they did sell out quickly. My order was shipped today.

I checked back and i see they have one size 46 (S) left currently. 

https://www.adidas.ca/en/jets-laine-heritage-classic-authentic-pro-jersey/FR5732.html

They do have some other pro jerseys on clearance and with the added 40% off. 

While Laine is rumored to be traded, i am still happy to have landed the Jets Heritage pro jersey for a low price. JETS2.PNG.b3f7c739e1ba37f2469753cf8b101bee.PNGJETS1.PNG.aa8b559aadb2e426056c5f4e306f69cb.PNG

Edited by modano1973

1 hour ago, modano1973 said:

Not sure how accurate Adidas Canada/Adidas Online Shop are with pro jersey customizing. They were clearing out their Patrik Laine 2019 Jets Heritage pro hockey jerseys for $150CDN.JETS1.PNG.aa8b559aadb2e426056c5f4e306f69cb.PNG

The reason no one here really discusses Adidas retail jerseys to any extent is because most people here think they are crap compared to authentic jerseys we used to be able to get from Reebok, CCM/Koho, etc.   Adidas’ “pro authentic” jerseys are basically replicas made in Indonesia, and you will most likely get factory customization, which means the characters are a plasticky material.  The numbers will likely be single layer, with printed colors (not multi-layer twill).  I hope I’m wrong in your case.

I apologize if my message sounded like it was denigrating your post in any way; that was not actually my intention at all.  It just seemed strange to me that a collector of your experience level would be interested in what is available at the retail level today, and since you were asking about how accurate the customization was, it appeared to me that you might not be aware of what you were actually getting, which was why I went into all that.  If you already knew all that, then perhaps I should have just kept my mouth shut.

2 hours ago, DaNoobie said:

On an unrelated note, I could swear I read somewhere that icejerseys was gone. And yet I got a PM notification so here I am, and apparently, the forum :o

51 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

I apologize if my message sounded like it was denigrating your post in any way; that was not actually my intention at all.  It just seemed strange to me that a collector of your experience level would be interested in what is available at the retail level today, and since you were asking about how accurate the customization was, it appeared to me that you might not be aware of what you were actually getting, which was why I went into all that.  If you already knew all that, then perhaps I should have just kept my mouth shut.

No offence taken at all. I didn’t know what sort of customizing job Adidas does with their retail jerseys, including their pro jerseys. I do appreciate the info.  I had read about their jerseys,  in general, from this forum, which I’m glad was resurrected.  I am glad I didn’t pay full price for it. 🙂 I did want the 2019 Jets Heritage pro jersey so I am glad to have landed one. 

2 hours ago, modano1973 said:

No offence taken at all. I didn’t know what sort of customizing job Adidas does with their retail jerseys, including their pro jerseys. I do appreciate the info.  I had read about their jerseys,  in general, from this forum, which I’m glad was resurrected.  I am glad I didn’t pay full price for it. 🙂 I did want the 2019 Jets Heritage pro jersey so I am glad to have landed one. 

And landing a Jet ain’t easy...