Made Up/ Movie Sweaters: Cool or Played out?

nogoal99

I was looking into making one of my sabres blanks into either a brad may and trying to sell it or a Taro Tusjimoto and just holding on to it as a goof. I have seen this picture but never seen this lady at HSBC.

TaroJersey.jpg

I don't want to take anyones gag, but I think its a pretty good piece of sabres history.

That got me thinking what fans of other teams think of the novelty sweaters associated with the team.

The Griswold Blackhawks

Clark-Griswold-Jersey-Movie2.jpg

The game worn Russ Tyler USA sweater

ept_sports_nhl_experts-150382313-1242320037.jpg?ymlCeQBD8w_lchA6

I've also seen the Van Damme Penns sweater too.

Thoughts on buy/wearing...and any other ones you can think of to post for a laugh too.

I'd rock a Griswold jersey!

I have no problems with a Taro Tusjimoto jersey, as he was an actual NHL draft pick (183rd overall pick in the 1974 draft). A true pioneer, he shattered barriers and paved the way to future Asian-born NHL players like Jim Paek, Richard Park, and Yutaka Fukufuji. Sadly it was Taro's lack of physical existence that kept him from playing in the NHL - who knows what he could have accomplished on the ice if he would have been able to overcome this small hurdle?

Some site (I think it was NHL.com's auction site) was selling an actual Pens jersey that appeared in THE LOVE GURU awhile back. Cann't imagine anyone ponied up the $200 for it.

Some site (I think it was NHL.com's auction site) was selling an actual Pens jersey that appeared in THE LOVE GURU awhile back. Cann't imagine anyone ponied up the $200 for it.

At the local bi-annual sportscard and memorabilia expo there was a guy selling a ton of jerseys used in "The Love Guru" for $75 a piece. He had a bunch of Pens, Leafs, and Kings jerseys for sale, some had signs of use but some where in like new condition so I bought a Pens for $70 that had #16 and a name I can't remember on it. I stripped it and turned it into this;

2796474910105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2111388920105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

I was also able to sell the numbers I took off it for $15 so this ended up costing me $55 + $90 (customization cost from Cutting Edge Sports) + $10 for the finals patch = $155

My friends father was in that movie. He was Uncle Jack belive it or not.

He's like a famous extra if thats possible. did a bunch of zombie movies also.

At the local bi-annual sportscard and memorabilia expo there was a guy selling a ton of jerseys used in "The Love Guru" for $75 a piece. He had a bunch of Pens, Leafs, and Kings jerseys for sale, some had signs of use but some where in like new condition so I bought a Pens for $70 that had #16 and a name I can't remember on it. I stripped it and turned it into this;

2796474910105461084S425x425Q85.jpg2111388920105461084S425x425Q85.jpg

I was also able to sell the numbers I took off it for $15 so this ended up costing me $55 + $90 (customization cost from Cutting Edge Sports) + $10 for the finals patch = $155

NICE! Wish I would've had the wherewithal to do something as cool!

Nice Nords...That's more like what I'm getting at then the fake teams. Real teams sweaters used in movies and the customization that is on them.

What did Wayne and Garth have on the back of their's?

RackMultipart.24330.0_display_image.jpg?1257646234

Has anyone seen either at the arena?

Nice Nords...That's more like what I'm getting at then the fake teams. Real teams sweaters used in movies and the customization that is on them.

What did Wayne and Garth have on the back of their's?

RackMultipart.24330.0_display_image.jpg?1257646234

Has anyone seen either at the arena?

I wonder if it ate Mike Myers up inside to wear the Blackhawks jersey since he is a huge Maple Leafs fan.

John Candy also rocked a Blackhawks jersey #21 in the movie Summer Rental

3905300_std.jpgprotectedimage.jpg

I pointed out all the inconsistencies on John Candy's Hawks jersey to my wife one night awhile ago when SUMMER RENTAL was on. She called me a nerd.

I would expect Garth to have Esposito on the back as he's playing goalie and Tony wore number 35 for the Blackhawks

Yes garth's did have #35 Esposito

and wayne had #22 Campbell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz1kmGKDuUE

Campbell was his last name in movie (nobody named Campbell wore 22 for Chicago)

Garths last name was Algar so ya I would wear Espo instead as well, LOL

I had a Griswold Hawks CCM 550 jersey made up about five years ago and only wear it around Christmas time. I can't tell you how many people have complimented me on it. That movie becomes even more legendary every year!

"Hey Griswold! Where you gonna put a tree that big?"

I have nearly a full set of jerseys worn in the movie "Miracle".

http://sports.webshots.com/album/577217344ABoTBE

I also have a 1950's Boston Bruins jersey that was used in the movies "The Rocket: The Maurice Richard Story" and later "Keep Your Head Up Kid, The Don Cherry Story".

I later added a 1970's Bruins jersey worn by the Bobby Orr character in the Don Cherry movie. The odd thing is they are both a knit jersey, more like a sweater.

I have nearly a full set of jerseys worn in the movie "Miracle".

http://sports.webshots.com/album/577217344ABoTBE

I also have a 1950's Boston Bruins jersey that was used in the movies "The Rocket: The Maurice Richard Story" and later "Keep Your Head Up Kid, The Don Cherry Story".

I later added a 1970's Bruins jersey worn by the Bobby Orr character in the Don Cherry movie. The odd thing is they are both a knit jersey, more like a sweater.

Did you know that "Sverige" is spelled wrong in the Sweden jerseys? I won the Thomas Eriksson jersey auction and did not notice until I had it in hand.

There are a couple of movie/tv jerseys and equipment on Ebay - sold by discount_sports_apparel

from "Miracle on Ice", "Keep your head up, kid: The Don Cherry Story", "Might Ducks", and "The Rocket: The Legend of Rocket Richard" and "Mystery Alaska"

The only other movie hockey jerseys I can think of off hand not yet mentioned are the Howe Red Wings jersey in Ferris Bueller, and a few jerseys in the movie "Clerks" when they are playing hockey on the roof - I think a CCCP, Devils, and Penguins jerseys were worn (maybe others??); not sure if any of them were customized.

As ugly as it is I wouldn't mind having a Hamilton Steelheads jersey from the t.v. show "Power Play". Liked that show when it was on, but probably wasn't as good as I remembered. Here's part of a quote from Wikipedia: "The second episode aired in the US has the distinction of being the lowest-rated episode (since the Nielsen ratings service began in the 1950s) of any prime-time TV series ever aired by any US network."

There are a couple of movie/tv jerseys and equipment on Ebay - sold by discount_sports_apparel

from "Miracle on Ice", "Keep your head up, kid: The Don Cherry Story", "Might Ducks", and "The Rocket: The Legend of Rocket Richard" and "Mystery Alaska"

That Gordie Howe jersey in Ferris Bueller was a total piece of crap!

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2009/10/1970-71-detroit-red-wings-gordie-howe.html

FBDOFront.png

FBDOBack2.png

That Gordie Howe jersey in Ferris Bueller was a total piece of crap!

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2009/10/1970-71-detroit-red-wings-gordie-howe.html

FBDOFront.png

FBDOBack2.png

Yes it was a piece of crap. Remembered it being not that good, but didn't think it was that bad - haven't seen the movie in a long time.

thanks for the link.

Its funny that its crap because Gordie Howe sent them the jersey