The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I...I don't know baseball jerseys. At all. I don't know where else to turn. I want to get an authentic Phillies, and make a Lee. I have no idea where to even start...I don't even know what size I'd be. Help? Where do you guys go? Any sales? Anything to look out for? I cannot identify fake MLB jerseys yet unfortunately.

Brilliant edit: This is now your one-stop shop for all things Major League Baseball! Feel free to ask away!

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you buy from here, DONT BUY THE CUSTOMIZATION (sorry for screaming :blush: ) http://www.allaroundsportsllc.com/category_s/69.htm.

The jersey is authentic, however, they use the replica lettering. I ordered my Trevor Hoffman Coolbase Padres jersey from there and the lettering was terrible! It was the wrong size and no nameplate (at least it was arched). The back numbers seemed correct. If you want pictures of my Hoffman, let me know.

If you are willing to get someone else, http://shop.ebay.com/ptfsports/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25, sells authentic jerseys

Or Sportsk.com http://www.sportsk.com/cuphauje.html

If you buy from here, DONT BUY THE CUSTOMIZATION (sorry for screaming :blush: ) http://www.allaroundsportsllc.com/category_s/69.htm.

The jersey is authentic, however, they use the replica lettering. I ordered my Trevor Hoffman Coolbase Padres jersey from there and the lettering was terrible! It was the wrong size and no nameplate (at least it was arched). The back numbers seemed correct. If you want pictures of my Hoffman, let me know.

If you are willing to get someone else, http://shop.ebay.com/ptfsports/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25, sells authentic jerseys

Or Sportsk.com http://www.sportsk.com/cuphauje.html

Thanks man, that's a big help. What's the normal rate for authentics?

No problem! I don't know too much about baseball jerseys. I am a Yankees fan, and believe it or not, they are cheaper than other teams authentic jerseys. I think $120-$180 is a decent price for a customized baseball jersey (I much rather spend the money on a hockey jersey :thumbsup: ). MLB.com is charging $205 for a customized Coolbase Phillies jersey. If you are willing to take the risk on customization, use All Around Sports. If you want to be safe, do Sports K or Ptfsports on the Bay.

As far as I know, during Lee's time with the Phils, he has only worn CoolBase. CoolBase is basically Majestic's version of the EDGE jersey. You should be able to find a blank one on eBay for relatively cheap. Let me know if you need help.

Go Packers! :D

As far as I know, during Lee's time with the Phils, he has only worn CoolBase. CoolBase is basically Majestic's version of the EDGE jersey. You should be able to find a blank one on eBay for relatively cheap. Let me know if you need help.

Go Packers! :D

Haha I don't even like the Eagles too much, but thank you kindly for the help haha.

I'm going to second the ebay route. The prices proshops charge these days are ridiculous. The only reason I own a relatively new Mets jersey is I picked up a GI'd unreleased throwback style for around 150, otherwise they run about 199 blank in a proshop for an authentic.

I'm going to second the ebay route. The prices proshops charge these days are ridiculous. The only reason I own a relatively new Mets jersey is I picked up a GI'd unreleased throwback style for around 150, otherwise they run about 199 blank in a proshop for an authentic.

I just have no clue what to look for baseball wise. Hell, I don't even know what size I am. I should figure that out first. I mean, I typically wear a 52...Edge's are fine length wise but a little snug in the torso.

I just have no clue what to look for baseball wise. Hell, I don't even know what size I am. I should figure that out first. I mean, I typically wear a 52...Edge's are fine length wise but a little snug in the torso.

Baseball is different.

40 is a medium

44 is a large

48 is an XL

52 XXL

56 XXXL

58 4XL

Baseball is different.

40 is a medium

44 is a large

48 is an XL

52 XXL

56 XXXL

58 4XL

Hm. I'm thinking a 52 just to be safe. I'll go to Modell's or something and try on a replica, do they fit the same?

I really don't know. If it is Coolbase, make sure there is a different material under the arms...if you can wait until the Isles game is over, I will post pictures of my Coolbase for reference.

I really don't know. If it is Coolbase, make sure there is a different material under the arms...if you can wait until the Isles game is over, I will post pictures of my Coolbase for reference.

I'm in no rush, and ok I'd appreciate that. What should I ask for pictures of? I was thinking logo, jocktag, I guess underarm, anything else to make sure it's authentic first, and second not fake?

If you like Ryan Howard here's one for you

My link

But someone has to check if its a fake though because I know nothing about baseball jerseys.

For $60, that's gotta be fake, right? I have no idea dude. And thanks, but for now I'm holding out for a Lee.

For $60, that's gotta be fake, right? I have no idea dude. And thanks, but for now I'm holding out for a Lee.

To be honest I barely know anything about baseball jerseys. All the other Cool Base Cliff Lee jerseys I saw for $100 are actually fakes because of bubbly numbers. Although I am hoping to get a Griffey authentic.

There should be two tags on the left sleeve of the jersey. Also, the patch is sewn on using zig-zag stitching.

IMG_0562.jpg

On the lower left side, there should be a tag that is heat sealed to the jersey and a Coolbase tag should be sewn where the front and back of the jersey meet on the left side: IMG_0550.jpg

This is the underarm area:

http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx44/NYIJM29/?action=view&current=IMG_0562.jpg#!oZZ3QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs740.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fxx44%2FNYIJM29%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3D235.jpg

Awesome, thanks. I'm going to ask for pictures of a bunch then throw them on here, hopefully you guys can help me through this arduous task.

Anyone happen to have a Authentic Joe Carter Jays jersey by chance?

or a blank from that era?

Okay, here we go. Bear in mind, I don't have EVERY SINGLE tag ever worn but I have quite a few. These are the most common you'll see floating on eBay. Starting in the 1980's, Rawlings made most of the retail jerseys for MLB so we'll start there.

Rawlings

rawlings80s-vi.jpg

There were different variation for different years but that's basically what it looked like until about 1990:

rawlings90-vi.jpg

I think, in 1988 and 1989, the Rawlings tag was similar to that one but a little bit different.

Then, in 1992, they redid the tag to look like the 80's version again:

rawlings90s-vi.jpg

This one lasted for a couple years with another variation but the same general look.

In 1997, they redid it again. It had the script R logo inside a circle on a white tag. I don't have that one though.

In 2000, they redid it once more:

rawlings00s-vi.jpg

This was the last one used by Rawlings because they stopped making MLB jerseys in the early 2000's.

Next page.....

In 1993, Russell Athletic took over all the retail duties for MLB and a lot of the on-field stuff too. This was their first one:

russell90s-vi.jpg

That's a game-worn version. The two tags hanging off the bottom and the holograms won't be there on a retail version.

Russell tweaked it again in 1996:

russell97-vi.jpg

The right logo changed slightly but it's still almost the same.

In 2000, they redid theirs as well:

russell00s-vi.jpg

But it only lasted one year. In 2001, the little trademark logo moved down:

russell0103-vi.jpg

It changed again in 2004, but I don't have that one anymore. The Russell logo and RUSSELL ATHLETIC wordmark were italicized.

2004 was the last year for Russell Athletic as Majestic took over every contract in the league.

To be continued.....

Last but not least, Majestic. Very simple and easy. They've used the same tags since being introduced in 2000:

majestic-vi.jpg

Again, that's a game tag and has the year used hanging off the bottom. Retail versions won't have that.

In either 2007 or 2008, they brought the CoolBase stuff on board. That one hasn't changed either:

coolbase1-vi.jpg

They also have the little tag on the side too:

coolbase2-vi.jpg

The CoolBase jerseys themselves have a spongier material which is very similar to the EDGE stuff. They also have underarm gussets that are fairly easy to spot:

DSC03301-vi.jpg

s3rdcirca2009Majesticauthentic1-vi.jpg

I hope that all helps.