The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It actually really depends on manufacturer and model. Some people feel older Rawlings and Russell jerseys fit bigger, and even with Majestic it's been said that Cool Base jerseys fit slightly tighter or more tapered than double knit jerseys. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.

It seems that I have a very unnatural attraction to Milwaukee Brewers jerseys. Here are a pair of throwbacks from this very year. First, from 1913:

131aMajesticauthenticthrowback-vi.jpg

and then a 1948 version:

132aMajesticauthenticthrowback-vi.jpg

Both wore worn during the Brewers' tenure in the American Association. The 1913 one has a felt crest too which is killer.

Nice Brewers jerseys. Who are you placing on them?

• 2 weeks later...
Some new pickups I'm very happy with.

First, Authentic Majestic Johan Santana New York Mets White Jersey w/50th Anniversary and Kid 8 Patches. Johan Santana wore white the night he pitched the first no hitter in Mets history.

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

Authentic Majestic R.A. Dickey New York Mets White Jersey w/50th Anniversary and Kid 8 Patches. R.A. Dickey wore white when he won his 20th game of the season, securing the Cy Young award.

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

Authentic Majestic David Wright New York Mets White Pinstripe Jersey w/50th Anniversary and Kid 8 Patches. David Wright wore pinstripes on both the day he tied the Mets franchise hit record, as well as the next game when he broke the Mets franchise hit record.

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

And last, Authentic Majestic Jonathon Niese New York Mets Black Jersey w/50th Anniversary and Kid 8 Patches. Not as special as the last 3, just a cheap pick up that I added patches to. Jonathon Niese wore black on a night where he pitched and registered a career high 10 strikeouts.

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

Is that a 2000 or a 2001? Can't see the "R" symbol in the pic. Check the link in my sig for references if you're not sure.

It's a 2000, the R is after the L in Russell. Interesting thing on this one, the jocktag looked puffy to me when I got it, like there was something underneath it. I turned it inside out and saw this,

IMG_3766_zps92271f9b.jpg

It looks like there is an old Diamond Collection tag underneath the newer 2000 one.

I took a chance on this figuring I would at least have a game-issued Yanks jersey in my size. This is a Jose Contreras issued jersey for the Japan series in 2004. the problem is, the patch is on the wrong sleeve. Everything about this jersey looks legit. Doing a little research I found Contreras did wear a 52 +2" and he was on the Yankee roster for that series. I plugged the hologram number into the MLB website and this came out.

Hologram number MT00399566 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under JERSEYS.

Session Product Description: JERSEY FROM LOCKER ROOM

Game: TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS VS. NEW YORK YANKEES - MARCH 30, 2004

Session Name: NEW YORK YANKEES VS. TAMPA BAY DEVIL RAYS

Session Date: March 30, 2004

Autographer:

Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.

Additional Information: YANKEES #52

IMG_3771_zps6b37c1d3.jpg

IMG_3772_zpsbbd1a37b.jpg

IMG_3773_zpsdee1e37f.jpg

IMG_3775_zps5d482e1f.jpg

The patch matches all of the ones I have been able to find, it's just on the wrong sleeve. I'd have a hard time believing someone would try to fake a Contreras jersey enough to even get the hologram number. The hologram looks like it's been on there a while too, there are no creases or bent corners on it. Your thoughts fellas?

It's a 2000, the R is after the L in Russell. Interesting thing on this one, the jocktag looked puffy to me when I got it, like there was something underneath it. I turned it inside out and saw this,

IMG_3766_zps92271f9b.jpg

It looks like there is an old Diamond Collection tag underneath the newer 2000 one.

, I wish I had gotten that jersey. I need another one of those Diamond Collection tags (assuming it's the 96-99 one)

Bought this one for cheap on ebay, a 2004 Texas Rangers Nate Lasseter (bullpen coach) game worn jersey. Jersey is great, but I wasn't too happy when I saw the MeiGray COA...

dvi9.jpg

0gx4.jpg

anbt.jpg

That's what it's called: The MeiGrade System.

OH! Nevermind, I'm blind. He's talking about the gigantic stain that I somehow didn't see. Ignore me, I'll go home because I'm clearly drunk.