JohnnyOnTheSpot

The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

The wool are HEAVY and itchy. Not ideal for warmer games but can be nice when using a long sleeve undershirt.

Also, the 3/4 sleeve style are very long in the arms.  

Sizing of the newer M&N is a more slim cut. USA and other versions. 

Did baseball jerseys ever have the offset 2nd button for any other reason than making space for lettering across the chest? I'm seeing what appears to be authentic home jerseys for the Cubs with this kind of button placement but cannot find pictures to confirm this was recently done on Majestic authentics.

I have a 2017 Yankees FlexBase (blech) jersey and the button spacing is symmetrical throughout.

With the exception of player-specific alterations, are there any differences between the Majestic Authentics sold through mlbshop.com and what USB actually worn on-field? I didn't think so but thought I'd confirm. Both Majestic and Fanatics claim "what players wear on field."

Velcro holding the crest together usually. Not all teams use it though.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

Velcro holding the crest together usually. Not all teams use it though.

Seriously? As in you can pull it apart? Probably a dumb question.

That's the only velcro I know of!

Yes, it was put there to prevent the placket from flapping needlessly on the jerseys with larger crests and wordmarks. The Mets are a good example:

2v2UjCuS2x2YANR.jpg

The velcro is sewn in underneath the e.

53 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

The Mets are a good example

The only thing the Mets are a good example of is failure.

13 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

That's the only velcro I know of!

Yes, it was put there to prevent the placket from flapping needlessly on the jerseys with larger crests and wordmarks. The Mets are a good example:

2v2UjCuS2x2YANR.jpg

The velcro is sewn in underneath the e.

Got it, I see what you mean. A jersey update, not necessarily a customization update. Makes sense.

Here's a shot of an unused Astros 2003 jersey I have showing the velcro inside:

2v2JHsg9Tx2YANR.jpg

The great thing about this one is that it also has the Columbia memorial patch on it which was never available at retail.

Though, the velcro isn't ALWAYS a telltale sign of a team jersey. I've owned a few older Majestic jerseys with hang tags that also had the velcro so who knows what the rhyme or reason was?

On 1/31/2018 at 6:37 PM, Brilliant! said:

Here's a shot of an unused Astros 2003 jersey I have showing the velcro inside:

2v2JHsg9Tx2YANR.jpg

The great thing about this one is that it also has the Columbia memorial patch on it which was never available at retail.

Though, the velcro isn't ALWAYS a telltale sign of a team jersey. I've owned a few older Majestic jerseys with hang tags that also had the velcro so who knows what the rhyme or reason was?

By unused do you mean TI?

Yes. Leftover team stock that was never customized.

Speaking of baseball jerseys!

2v2JaoEjdx2YANR.jpg

It might be time to start buying up all the cheap Indians jerseys out there.

Anyone know who did the 2013 All Star Jerseys?

nbpv9g.jpg

Pretty sure its Majestic in house on that kind of stuff (a lot of stuff Majestic tends to do in house if I'm not mistaken). EPS usually does a really good job with baseball stuff.

Who you looking to get on that?

Looking to make it a Rivera since it was his last all star game.

9 hours ago, OR68 said:

Looking to make it a Rivera since it was his last all star game.

Not sure what your size/budget is but I have one that I'd be willing to sell, and if not, at least here's a reference picture for you.

DSC02767.jpg

What determines whether or not a baseball team wears the alt or away jersey on road trips?

I think it's just personal preference and whether or not it will conflict with what the home team is wearing. Obv the Nationals and the Reds can't both wear an alt-Red uniform against each other.

1 hour ago, DC Red Wings said:

I think it's just personal preference and whether or not it will conflict with what the home team is wearing. Obv the Nationals and the Reds can't both wear an alt-Red uniform against each other.

Obviously they can't wear the same, so nothing that we know of would mandate one or the other if the home team always to my knowledge wears white with pinstripes and the away team wears an alt or standard away?

No, there are no rules. For teams like Detroit and the Yankees w/no alternates, road teams can whatever they want when they visit.

21 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

What determines whether or not a baseball team wears the alt or away jersey on road trips?

I know for the Cubs, it is the starting pitcher that decides what jerseys to wear for that day (assuming the home team doesn't wear a blue jersey at home that would match the Cubs blue (dodgers,etc.).

Edited by spudrock512

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

I know for the Cubs, it is the starting pitcher that decides what jerseys to wear for that day (assuming the home team doesn't wear a blue jersey at home that would match the Cubs blue (dodgers,etc.).

Does that go for away games only or could the Cubs technically wear grey or blue at home too? I don't think I've ever watched a game at Wrigley that wasn't stripes.

A road team can only wear what they have with them on the road trip. So if the Cubs want to wear grey at home, they can't, because the road team isn't going to pack their home uniforms for a road trip. I don't know if anyone wears anything other than grey pants on the road anymore.

If you look at most teams, they have the city name on the road uniform and on the home uniform has the team nickname or logo. It wouldn't make much sense to wear road uniforms that say CHICAGO on them at home.

Edited by DC Red Wings

7 minutes ago, DC Red Wings said:

delete

Edited by DC Red Wings
trying to delete