The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

Here's a shot of an unused Astros 2003 jersey I have showing the velcro inside:

2v2JHsg9Tx2YANR.jpg

The great thing about this one is that it also has the Columbia memorial patch on it which was never available at retail.

Though, the velcro isn't ALWAYS a telltale sign of a team jersey. I've owned a few older Majestic jerseys with hang tags that also had the velcro so who knows what the rhyme or reason was?

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/31/2018 at 6:37 PM, Brilliant! said:

Here's a shot of an unused Astros 2003 jersey I have showing the velcro inside:

2v2JHsg9Tx2YANR.jpg

The great thing about this one is that it also has the Columbia memorial patch on it which was never available at retail.

Though, the velcro isn't ALWAYS a telltale sign of a team jersey. I've owned a few older Majestic jerseys with hang tags that also had the velcro so who knows what the rhyme or reason was?

By unused do you mean TI?

Yes. Leftover team stock that was never customized.

Speaking of baseball jerseys!

2v2JaoEjdx2YANR.jpg

It might be time to start buying up all the cheap Indians jerseys out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know who did the 2013 All Star Jerseys?

nbpv9g.jpg

Pretty sure its Majestic in house on that kind of stuff (a lot of stuff Majestic tends to do in house if I'm not mistaken). EPS usually does a really good job with baseball stuff.

Looking to make it a Rivera since it was his last all star game.

9 hours ago, OR68 said:

Looking to make it a Rivera since it was his last all star game.

Not sure what your size/budget is but I have one that I'd be willing to sell, and if not, at least here's a reference picture for you.

DSC02767.jpg

• 1 month later...

I think it's just personal preference and whether or not it will conflict with what the home team is wearing. Obv the Nationals and the Reds can't both wear an alt-Red uniform against each other.

1 hour ago, DC Red Wings said:

I think it's just personal preference and whether or not it will conflict with what the home team is wearing. Obv the Nationals and the Reds can't both wear an alt-Red uniform against each other.

Obviously they can't wear the same, so nothing that we know of would mandate one or the other if the home team always to my knowledge wears white with pinstripes and the away team wears an alt or standard away?

21 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

What determines whether or not a baseball team wears the alt or away jersey on road trips?

I know for the Cubs, it is the starting pitcher that decides what jerseys to wear for that day (assuming the home team doesn't wear a blue jersey at home that would match the Cubs blue (dodgers,etc.).

Edited by spudrock512

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

I know for the Cubs, it is the starting pitcher that decides what jerseys to wear for that day (assuming the home team doesn't wear a blue jersey at home that would match the Cubs blue (dodgers,etc.).

Does that go for away games only or could the Cubs technically wear grey or blue at home too? I don't think I've ever watched a game at Wrigley that wasn't stripes.

A road team can only wear what they have with them on the road trip. So if the Cubs want to wear grey at home, they can't, because the road team isn't going to pack their home uniforms for a road trip. I don't know if anyone wears anything other than grey pants on the road anymore.

If you look at most teams, they have the city name on the road uniform and on the home uniform has the team nickname or logo. It wouldn't make much sense to wear road uniforms that say CHICAGO on them at home.

Edited by DC Red Wings

There have been teams who have worn gray or blue at home recently. It's mostly because those uniforms are throwbacks though. The Rangers, Phillies and Blue Jays all come to mind. All three have worn their old school powder blues at home as part of a Turn Back the Clock series with another team or as an alternate night.

14 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

There have been teams who have worn gray or blue at home recently. It's mostly because those uniforms are throwbacks though. The Rangers, Phillies and Blue Jays all come to mind. All three have worn their old school powder blues at home as part of a Turn Back the Clock series with another team or as an alternate night.

True, the Cubs wore those light blue pinstriped 70s jerseys a couple years ago as well as the "player" or little league jerseys. But all the teams did so at the same time (I think?) so the road/alt question doesn't really apply. 

Ultimately, the answer is that the pitcher decides as long as the colors are not too close to the opposing team.

White uniforms are designated Home, Grey uniforms are designated Road for all teams in the league.  However, some teams have alternate jersey that can be worn both home and away like the Cubs Blue jersey, Most teams have some type of alternate jersey they can wear either home or away. I can't speak of how the other teams choose to wear their jersey as I don't follow them as closely as I do the Cubs.  If you look at Jon Lester, he never picks the blue alternate.  It's almost always the White at Home and the Grey on the Road.  However, I think Hendricks almost always prefers the Blue Alternate, like in game 7 of the 2016 World Series: 

33 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

White uniforms are designated Home, Grey uniforms are designated Road for all teams in the league.  However, some teams have alternate jersey that can be worn both home and away like the Cubs Blue jersey, Most teams have some type of alternate jersey they can wear either home or away. I can't speak of how the other teams choose to wear their jersey as I don't follow them as closely as I do the Cubs.  If you look at Jon Lester, he never picks the blue alternate.  It's almost always the White at Home and the Grey on the Road.  However, I think Hendricks almost always prefers the Blue Alternate, like in game 7 of the 2016 World Series: 

Yeah I don't follow anyone else's jersey except Cubs. In the World Series the Cubs ONLY wore blue when away, IIRC. So does the pitcher decide for the series or just the game? Both Lester and Hendricks pitched in the WS but I don't remember them wearing grey against Cleveland. I also think Lester wore blue in the WS.

Thanks for the info thus far, by the way.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

I could be 100yrs old and in a coma - hearing the sounds of that series will always give me goosebumps.

• 4 months later...

When you guys buy MLB authentics do you get blanks and send them out or just get them customized through Fanatics/Majestic? I don't know if I've heard whether or not Majestic did MLB customization for teams.

51 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

When you guys buy MLB authentics do you get blanks and send them out or just get them customized through Fanatics/Majestic? I don't know if I've heard whether or not Majestic did MLB customization for teams.

I've always bought blanks, but all my MLB jerseys are from the early 90's. Can't stand the cheap material they're made out of now. Old Rawlings and Russel stuff was basically like ultrafil

44 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I've always bought blanks, but all my MLB jerseys are from the early 90's. Can't stand the cheap material they're made out of now. Old Rawlings and Russel stuff was basically like ultrafil

Sure but it is what it is. You can't get a 90s 2016 World Series jersey.

Do you ever get your blanks customized?

I do but not through Majestic. I have Keener do them. He hasn't let me down yet with anything I throw at him. Be it NHL, IIHF, MLB or even MLS v 1.0. The newer stuff is kiss-cut on a lot of uniforms too so it's important to know what you need.