Sign in to follow this  
JohnnyOnTheSpot

The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

There have been teams who have worn gray or blue at home recently. It's mostly because those uniforms are throwbacks though. The Rangers, Phillies and Blue Jays all come to mind. All three have worn their old school powder blues at home as part of a Turn Back the Clock series with another team or as an alternate night.

14 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

There have been teams who have worn gray or blue at home recently. It's mostly because those uniforms are throwbacks though. The Rangers, Phillies and Blue Jays all come to mind. All three have worn their old school powder blues at home as part of a Turn Back the Clock series with another team or as an alternate night.

True, the Cubs wore those light blue pinstriped 70s jerseys a couple years ago as well as the "player" or little league jerseys. But all the teams did so at the same time (I think?) so the road/alt question doesn't really apply. 

Ultimately, the answer is that the pitcher decides as long as the colors are not too close to the opposing team.

White uniforms are designated Home, Grey uniforms are designated Road for all teams in the league.  However, some teams have alternate jersey that can be worn both home and away like the Cubs Blue jersey, Most teams have some type of alternate jersey they can wear either home or away. I can't speak of how the other teams choose to wear their jersey as I don't follow them as closely as I do the Cubs.  If you look at Jon Lester, he never picks the blue alternate.  It's almost always the White at Home and the Grey on the Road.  However, I think Hendricks almost always prefers the Blue Alternate, like in game 7 of the 2016 World Series: 

33 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

White uniforms are designated Home, Grey uniforms are designated Road for all teams in the league.  However, some teams have alternate jersey that can be worn both home and away like the Cubs Blue jersey, Most teams have some type of alternate jersey they can wear either home or away. I can't speak of how the other teams choose to wear their jersey as I don't follow them as closely as I do the Cubs.  If you look at Jon Lester, he never picks the blue alternate.  It's almost always the White at Home and the Grey on the Road.  However, I think Hendricks almost always prefers the Blue Alternate, like in game 7 of the 2016 World Series: 

Yeah I don't follow anyone else's jersey except Cubs. In the World Series the Cubs ONLY wore blue when away, IIRC. So does the pitcher decide for the series or just the game? Both Lester and Hendricks pitched in the WS but I don't remember them wearing grey against Cleveland. I also think Lester wore blue in the WS.

Thanks for the info thus far, by the way.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

I could be 100yrs old and in a coma - hearing the sounds of that series will always give me goosebumps.