Jump to content
JohnnyOnTheSpot

The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

Recommended Posts

There have been teams who have worn gray or blue at home recently. It's mostly because those uniforms are throwbacks though. The Rangers, Phillies and Blue Jays all come to mind. All three have worn their old school powder blues at home as part of a Turn Back the Clock series with another team or as an alternate night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

There have been teams who have worn gray or blue at home recently. It's mostly because those uniforms are throwbacks though. The Rangers, Phillies and Blue Jays all come to mind. All three have worn their old school powder blues at home as part of a Turn Back the Clock series with another team or as an alternate night.

True, the Cubs wore those light blue pinstriped 70s jerseys a couple years ago as well as the "player" or little league jerseys. But all the teams did so at the same time (I think?) so the road/alt question doesn't really apply. 

Ultimately, the answer is that the pitcher decides as long as the colors are not too close to the opposing team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White uniforms are designated Home, Grey uniforms are designated Road for all teams in the league.  However, some teams have alternate jersey that can be worn both home and away like the Cubs Blue jersey, Most teams have some type of alternate jersey they can wear either home or away. I can't speak of how the other teams choose to wear their jersey as I don't follow them as closely as I do the Cubs.  If you look at Jon Lester, he never picks the blue alternate.  It's almost always the White at Home and the Grey on the Road.  However, I think Hendricks almost always prefers the Blue Alternate, like in game 7 of the 2016 World Series: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

White uniforms are designated Home, Grey uniforms are designated Road for all teams in the league.  However, some teams have alternate jersey that can be worn both home and away like the Cubs Blue jersey, Most teams have some type of alternate jersey they can wear either home or away. I can't speak of how the other teams choose to wear their jersey as I don't follow them as closely as I do the Cubs.  If you look at Jon Lester, he never picks the blue alternate.  It's almost always the White at Home and the Grey on the Road.  However, I think Hendricks almost always prefers the Blue Alternate, like in game 7 of the 2016 World Series: 

 

Yeah I don't follow anyone else's jersey except Cubs. In the World Series the Cubs ONLY wore blue when away, IIRC. So does the pitcher decide for the series or just the game? Both Lester and Hendricks pitched in the WS but I don't remember them wearing grey against Cleveland. I also think Lester wore blue in the WS.

Thanks for the info thus far, by the way.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could be 100yrs old and in a coma - hearing the sounds of that series will always give me goosebumps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you guys buy MLB authentics do you get blanks and send them out or just get them customized through Fanatics/Majestic? I don't know if I've heard whether or not Majestic did MLB customization for teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

When you guys buy MLB authentics do you get blanks and send them out or just get them customized through Fanatics/Majestic? I don't know if I've heard whether or not Majestic did MLB customization for teams.

I've always bought blanks, but all my MLB jerseys are from the early 90's. Can't stand the cheap material they're made out of now. Old Rawlings and Russel stuff was basically like ultrafil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

I've always bought blanks, but all my MLB jerseys are from the early 90's. Can't stand the cheap material they're made out of now. Old Rawlings and Russel stuff was basically like ultrafil

Sure but it is what it is. You can't get a 90s 2016 World Series jersey.

Do you ever get your blanks customized?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do but not through Majestic. I have Keener do them. He hasn't let me down yet with anything I throw at him. Be it NHL, IIHF, MLB or even MLS v 1.0. The newer stuff is kiss-cut on a lot of uniforms too so it's important to know what you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Sure but it is what it is. You can't get a 90s 2016 World Series jersey.

Do you ever get your blanks customized?

 

Very true. I will admit I wanted one, but couldn't get myself to actually buy a jersey.

All of my blanks are customized. Believe EPS and Brilliant did them all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Very true. I will admit I wanted one, but couldn't get myself to actually buy a jersey.

All of my blanks are customized. Believe EPS and Brilliant did them all

I couldn't not buy one. I desperately needed to update my Cubs gear as I had a few old shirts that wear dying and a World Series win seemed like just the right time to splurge on another authentic. Ill eventually source and older blank.

I still don't appreciate the flex base diaper look, but I actually notice a difference between the weight of the home jersey vs the alt that I own. Maybe it's just perceived but the alt blue I have seems lighter than the home, and the home jersey's fabric also looks smoother. I wish they'd extend the stripes all the way down but it only matters from a fan perspective.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The FlexBase ones are strange. They remind me a little bit of the old Wilson jerseys from the 1970's and 1980's in they have the different material sewn inside the collar and placket. But the weirdest thing for me is the rounding off of the front shirt tails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Majestic does all of the MLB gamers. I've bought MLB flexbase authentics from fanatics and the customization is identical to what is worn on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2018 at 6:05 PM, Brilliant! said:

I do but not through Majestic. I have Keener do them. He hasn't let me down yet with anything I throw at him. Be it NHL, IIHF, MLB or even MLS v 1.0. The newer stuff is kiss-cut on a lot of uniforms too so it's important to know what you need.

Does he have the stuff for nameplates (mainly mid 2000s)?

Also how much has he quoted you on baseball stuff in general? I was quoted $90 on a players' weekend which is single layer name and number which seemed high since he quoted triple layer hockey stuff at that same price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember what I've paid for baseball stuff. But he doesn't have nameplate material. I always have to source my own. Usually it's just cheap eBay pickups that get cut up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense. Thanks.

I'll probably just continue to use EPS then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you need? I might have it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bunch of grey ones that need doing up. However, I always make sure EPS matches them first since there's like 8 different shades of Majestic grey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they all different shades? Because I have close to about half a bolt of old grey double-knit stashed away here somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Are they all different shades? Because I have close to about half a bolt of old grey double-knit stashed away here somewhere.

Dude, you know there's 50 shades of grey.

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Are they all different shades? Because I have close to about half a bolt of old grey double-knit stashed away here somewhere.

No idea. But what Josh has always told me is that Majestic has a lot of inconsistencies with its grey jerseys. So even if you have two Red Sox jerseys that had nameplates (2005 to 2008 for Majestic), they could be two completely different shades and not match. So I've always just sent them straight to him to match. I think there's like 8 different overall. Bill Hendersen talks about it in Jersey Guide too.

I also need some white cool base for a Rays Home. But that's harder to come by since most teams had stopped using nameplates once cool base was in full swing (I know EPS has this as well).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grab a cheap jersey on eBay for the CoolBase one. You can get some of those for like $25 sometimes. Try this guy:

https://www.ebay.com/str/ptfsports?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

He's 100% legit and sells great stuff. You might be able to snake something for cheap and then you have plates forever!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn’t ship to Canada. The only guy from the US that I can reasonably buy baseball stuff from without inflated imported charges is OutlawSportsCompany. But it appears he’s mostly out of the baseball game. 

It’s fine, I’ll just wait for the next EPS Spring Sale. That way I can cover somewhat of the exchange difference lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just iron it. A wrinkly number is not the end of the world. Majestic probably sells and packages hundreds of jerseys each day. I'm sure they don't have the time to properly fold and box each one up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×