The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Tony Gwynn is the man!!

Ill trade you for a hockey jersey! :)

Picked this up today. I'm a little disappointed because it's bigger than my other 52 and is unwearable. I might have to throw this up for trade if Mike thinks it's a bad idea to try and shrink it a little.

Majestic authentic 2009 Yankees Alex Rodriguez home jersey.

If I wind up keeping this, it's getting stripped along with my other A-Rod and I'll probably end up making it a Rivera.

Want to sell it?

• 2 weeks later...

Couple more pickups. I'm not sure who wore either of the numbers in any of the years these jerseys are from, but I'm planning on having them stripped anyway.

2000 Authentic Russell New York Yankees jersey

DSCN1298.jpg

DSCN1299.jpg

2001-2003 Authentic Russell New York Yankees jersey

DSCN1300.jpg

DSCN1301.jpg

The 2000 will likely become a Bernie Williams World Series jersey, while the 01-03 will become a 2001 World Series jersey complete with the American League 100 Seasons patch, American Flag patch and armband. The jury is still out on what number is going on that. I have one more coming next week, which is the one I'm REALLY excited about. Not because of what it is, but because of the sacrilege I'm going to commit if the numbers come off cleanly to make it what it should be.

Stay tuned.

Haha, nothx. I'm done with hockey jerseys for a while, season's almost over and I still have two blanks I'll have to get done at some point. I'm gonna make people jealous with what I have coming next week.

Uh, WELL! You know how I said I had something coming that would make some people jealous? I got that today, and this is by far the funniest and most disgusting eBay experience I've ever had. I unpacked the jersey, opened it up and I s*** you not, a pair of women's underwear fell out of the jersey.

I only laughed because the women I bought it off of said it's from her son's collection, and that he shipped it.........

Uh, WELL! You know how I said I had something coming that would make some people jealous? I got that today, and this is by far the funniest and most disgusting eBay experience I've ever had. I unpacked the jersey, opened it up and I s*** you not, a pair of women's underwear fell out of the jersey.

I only laughed because the women I bought it off of said it's from her son's collection, and that he shipped it.........

Gross....I take it you are shipping it back? Were they granny panties? Haha. That is disgusting.

Gross....I take it you are shipping it back? Were they granny panties? Haha. That is disgusting.

The seller is insisting I'm lying (which I'm not) and is giving me a hard time about sending it back. I have a feeling I'm going to have to go through buyer protection, which means I'll likely end up getting stuck with the ###### thing because eBay is a joke and always sides with the seller, since if the seller loses the sale, they lose their seller fees and that just can't happen.

No they were not granny panties.

The seller is insisting I'm lying (which I'm not) and is giving me a hard time about sending it back. I have a feeling I'm going to have to go through buyer protection, which means I'll likely end up getting stuck with the ###### thing because eBay is a joke and always sides with the seller, since if the seller loses the sale, they lose their seller fees and that just can't happen.

No they were not granny panties.

What jersey is it that you received?

Alright, well, after much debate and deciding that if I had gone through eBay trying to get a refund I would just lose anyway, I made the decision to wash the hell out of this thing and hold onto it. It's not worth the aggravation of trying to force the seller to take it back, and probably getting laughed at by eBay support because of the situation. That said, here she is:

Russell Authentic New York Yankees Bernie Williams home jersey:

DSCN1315.jpg

Back:

DSCN1316.jpg

The tags make it good for anything from 96-99. The original plan was to strip this and turn it into a Jeter rookie jersey, but I'm debating whether I want to leave it as a Bernie and slap a 99 World Series patch and an armband on it. It just looks too nice to strip, but we'll see.

Alright, well, after much debate and deciding that if I had gone through eBay trying to get a refund I would just lose anyway, I made the decision to wash the hell out of this thing and hold onto it. It's not worth the aggravation of trying to force the seller to take it back, and probably getting laughed at by eBay support because of the situation. That said, here she is:

Russell Authentic New York Yankees Bernie Williams home jersey:

The tags make it good for anything from 96-99. The original plan was to strip this and turn it into a Jeter rookie jersey, but I'm debating whether I want to leave it as a Bernie and slap a 99 World Series patch and an armband on it. It just looks too nice to strip, but we'll see.

I would personally keep it as is. Great jersey, I only know one Yankees fan and I know he would say to keep it a Bernie Williams, place a patch on it and an armband.

I would personally keep it as is. Great jersey, I only know one Yankees fan and I know he would say to keep it a Bernie Williams, place a patch on it and an armband.

Thanks. Yeah, it actually is going to become a Derek rookie. I won something else last night (I swear I'm done for a while *eyeshift*) and I'm going to have an extra jersey, so I'll have the core four regardless. Years to be determined (except for the Pettitte, I know which jersey that's going to be) but I'll have them all.

Got the final piece of my Yankees project in today. If everything goes smoothly and Mike can strip the other jerseys without any problems, I'll have the core four plus Bernie and Moose. Anyway,

Majestic Authentic 2010-present New York Yankees road jersey:

DSCN1327.jpg

DSCN1328.jpg

I'm going to get repro GMS and Sheppard patches from SportsK, along with a batch of armbands from EPS and make this a 2010 Andy Pettitte, since it was his final season and I figure if I'm going to have a Pettitte jersey, it shouldn't be just another jersey.

Hi, I'm from the UK, and have recently become a fan of Baseball. I have just bought my first ever Baseball jersey, and I'm not sure it's legit so I'm hoping that someone here can help me.

I bought it from eBay, for what I now understand to be a very low price (it was around $60). I've done a bit of googling, and some things seem to suggest it's ok, but others suggest fake. First off, it has no bubbling under the numbers and letters, which are all nice and flat, and are sewn on. Secondly, it doesn't have Majestic under the M logo on the arm. Thirdly, it has the extra, thinner piece of material in the armpit which I believe is correct for a Cool Base top. On the negative side, it has no inside neck label saying what it is made of etc. The rear MLB logo is embroidered rather than being a sewn on patch. It is also black, rather than blue, but the jersey is black so i'm unsure on this. The Cool Base patch is sewn on, but I think it should be heated and stuck on. There is no name plate, the letters are just sewn straight on, although i don't know if the Cool Base jerseys use name plates. The Majestic card that was attached to it has no hologram.

Also, unrelated to authenticity, I bought it as a Medium, but it's a 48. Is this right? It seems massive, but there are loads of people on eBay selling 48s as mediums.

Some pictures (if more are needed, please say):

Pros:

xFgJ0.jpg

9ewKO.jpg

322Hd.jpg

Cons:

h4OaK.jpg

XQU7b.jpg

vkm0s.jpg

HB20p.jpg

FHeoO.jpg

If it is fake, what can I do? Will eBay show any interest?

Thanks very much for any help.

Thanks, that's what i figured. Am i on the right lines with what is wrong with it? I'll need to be as accurate as possible to try and get a refund.

edit: the seller is offering a refund, but he's adamant that it's legit, and says he got them direct from the Pirates.

Edited by Lungboy

He's full of it that is from the pirates. #1 the MLB logo on the back neck is suppose to be a sewn patch not embroided in the jersey crap (and its crooked on that fake lol). The majestic logo on authentics are like that it has no majestic word under it on the sleeve (its on real replicas). Customized ones wouldnt have outlines of the lettering on the inside like that. I could go on and on but its fake as can be and get a refund if you can. Also a 48 ina real one is an XL not a medium. Here's sizing for Baseball (Real ones)

40- Medium

44 - Large

48 - XL

52 - 2xl

56 - 3xl

60- - 4xl

and not chinese sizing ( you would think they would learn but i will tell you i have seen fakes in 40 and 44 because i unfortunally got duked a few years ago with a 44 fake so baseball is a little tougher to spot at 1st).

48- Med

50 - L

52 - xl

56 - 2xl

edit: the seller is offering a refund, but he's adamant that it's legit, and says he got them direct from the Pirates.

Now you can tell the seller that he's an outright liar and a douchebag (or a tosser since you're from the UK) - There's absolutely no way that jersey came from the Pirates. The dead giveaway is the button spacing, that is, authentic jerseys have two top buttons, with the third button under the crest. Yours looks like a button up jersey, which automatically makes it fake, along with the other issues. If you look at any of the jerseys I've posted in this thread (most recently the post above yours) you'll see what I'm talking about.

Here's what an authentic MLB patch looks like:

DSCN1288.jpg

Your jersey isn't even close. Tell the seller you know he's full of it and that there's no way that jersey came from any part of the Pirates organization, it certainly isn't team issued and they never would have sold that crap.

Thank you very much for your replies. Is there anyone official that I could/should contact about this? As he's agreed to the refund, even eBay won't be involved, so it seems that he'll just continue selling fakes. He'll even probably resell the shirt I was sent.