The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to stop going to baseball games. Every time I do, the Yankees find a way to lose. Nova pitched great and then Robertson gives up the long ball. Great managing by Girardi too /sarcasm/

That Cubs jersey got me wondering if they were selling the Tigers TBTC jersey they were wearing at Tampa on Saturday, when I went to look I saw they were running a sale for 17.76% off jerseys until 7/5/12 at 11:59 pm ET.

I'm curious what everyone else thinks about these. I was kind of pumped to get a Tigers player All-Star BP jersey because I always loved the Royals color scheme and thought they would look pretty sweet, but I'm just really disappointed with these. The numbers on the back don't work for me at all.

pMLB2-12547997dt.jpg

I'm not a fan of the numbers either. When they had the snake print in the numbers last year in Arizona I was like "alright, that's kinda cool", but in actuality, it makes it a real pain in the Arse to get the numbers done anywhere else other than from MLBShop, and almost impossible after the game is over.

It only combats fakes if the numbers look good enough that people actually want to buy them as opposed to plain one layer numbers like they put on the fake jerseys. I'd almost rather a single color than this garbage.

They are doing the printing on the numbers to combat the fakes.

Makes sense. Maybe we'll have metallic/holographic numbers next year!

I agree with what CJ said, it's great that they are trying to keep the fakes out, but they should come up with something that's more appealing to do it.

Don't post on this forum often, but I thought I'd share this with the baseball fans on here.

1970 Doug Rader Houston Astros “Shooting Star” Game Worn Flannel Jersey

A couple interesting and historical facts about Rader and this jersey – Arguably the best 3rd baseman in franchise history, “The Red Rooster” had one of his best offensive seasons in 1970, establishing a career high in home runs. Rader also won his 1st of 5 consecutive Gold Gloves in 1970 (1970-74). In addition, Rader’s Gold Glove in 1970 was the first Gold Glove won by a Houston player in franchise history (Colt .45s or Astros).

The jersey is all-original and unaltered. “ASTROS” and the shooting star logo are chenille stitched across the front in orange, navy, and white. The 12 on back is made of double layer orange and navy felt, which shows good use. There are 6 ventilation holes underneath each arm.

Thrilled to own this jersey!

DSCF6086.jpg

DSCF6089.jpg

th_DSCF6097.jpgth_DSCF6101.jpgth_DSCF6092.jpgth_DSCF6095.jpgth_DSCF6099.jpgth_DSCF6100.jpgth_DSCF6103.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a few updates here. Authentic Russell Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez New York Yankees Home Rookie Jersey w/ 1998 World Series Patch (added)

IMG_7823.jpg

IMG_7824.jpg

Authentic Majestic Derek Jeter New York Yankees Home Jersey w/ Memorial Armband (added), 2008 All Star Game and Final Season Patches

IMG_7825.jpg

IMG_7826.jpg

Authentic Majestic Pedro Martinez New York Mets White Striped Home Jersey w/ Final Season At Shea Patch (added)

IMG_7827.jpg

IMG_7828.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got this today but I'm skeptical and my gut is telling me it's fake but im not 100% sure. Its a Yankees BP jersey. Here are pics of the jersey.

1z1tv7r.jpg

302cn5z.jpg

nyie6a.jpg

foehx5.jpg

now the 3 things that looks off to me are

1. The NY on the front is silver with a white boarder (instead of an all solid white NY and its heatpressed, not sewn)

2. The MLB logo on the back is a heat pressed patch (not sewn)

3. The material of the jersey feels like a rough polyester type and not a stretchy/soft feel like real cool base jerseys are (comparing it to my Mariners cool base jersey).

And here is the auction that it came from

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190708793453?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I dont know BP jerseys so thats why im not sure about this. Any feedback would be helpful from anyone who knows about these.

That's what really threw me off (the material). According to sports k, this is a 2010 model. Thanks just wanted clarity on it.

• 2 weeks later...

7857987132_ca7042f5f8_z.jpg

7857987882_a77a06e77c_z.jpg

Prince Fielder All-Star Game jersey, worn in KC this year.

7857753858_65406033f9_z.jpg

7857754690_be9e7fcd16_z.jpg

Early Nineties Detroit Tigers...can't wait to get this one customized, so many great choices I don't know what to do.

7858062974_94b1f7f087_z.jpg

7858063554_d796487a76_z.jpg

This is a Tigers Turn Back the Clock from the late-70's early-80's that they have worn a couple times this year (once in Tampa and once in Texas).