The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They beat the Yankees that year #SadFace

I have a feeling they're going to beat us again this year, if we even get that far. Baltimore won't go away and I don't want to have to play Oakland in a one game wildcard playoff.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely devastating... I can't believe I'm going to watch postseason baseball where Derek Jeter isn't going to be playing. I knew it would happen eventually, maybe in a few years, where Jeter and Rivera wouldn't be there, but I wasn't expecting it to be this year.

Absolutely devastating... I can't believe I'm going to watch postseason baseball where Derek Jeter isn't going to be playing. I knew it would happen eventually, maybe in a few years, where Jeter and Rivera wouldn't be there, but I wasn't expecting it to be this year.

But you'll have ARod's bat AIDS until 2017! Maybe Valverde can cure it.

A-Rod can't hit unless he's getting laid. Maybe Verlander will give him a crack at Kate Upton? Oh, and I was watching the early part of last night's game at some pool hall in SoHo. Cano was safe by a foot and a half on that play at first with the bases loaded. I saw Jeter go down in the 12th while I was at a bar and immediately said to the people I was with that he either dislocated or broke his ankle. It just looked bad from the second it happened. This has been a bad year pretty much from the start. Never in my life did I think I'd see Mo and Jeter be carried off the field, much less both in the same season.

The NHL needs to hurry up and settle this lockout, because the Yankees are going to get swept and the Saints likely won't make the playoffs, so I'll need something to watch by December.

Just got a Cincinnati Reds 1991 TBTC authentic blank rom earlier this year.

Thinking of having it made a Tom Browning or other 1991 roster player. Foul?

I love those old pullovers. I actually picked up two of the genuine ones from 1990 and 1992 on eBay a few weeks back for like $90 combined. One Rawlings and one Russell:

Redscirca1990Rawlingsauthentic-vi.jpg

iRedscirca1992Russellauthentic-vi.jpg

The World Series one will be Paul O'Neill(of course) and the Russell will be Spuds.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, Giants. Would've liked to see them win it at home, but regardless, the Tiger bats that wouldn't go away against the Yankees had nothing against the Giants.

• 3 weeks later...