The Official IceJerseys MLB thread

JohnnyOnTheSpot

I agree, at least their alternate jerseys are blue (which I find quite nice actually). Do you know if jerseys strip cleanly like NHL jerseys or would it be a mess?

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends entirely on the jersey. I sent Mike 3 jerseys last year to strip and only one stripped clean. One was able to be switched from 25 to 20 after a LOT of work on his part, and the other had to stay as a 51 because it just wouldn't come off clean.

They're legit but I wouldn't pay that much for either of them.

Any line on a cheaper source? I was looking at getting one from this seller too cause I can't find a blank let alone customized for that price

Any line on a cheaper source? I was looking at getting one from this seller too cause I can't find a blank let alone customized for that price

Not a clue, there was a blank on eBay a few days ago but it looks like it's gone now. I'd say just keep checking eBay, if Yankees jerseys go for 20-30 bucks daily there's no reason why a Blue Jays jersey should go for $200. I know ptfsports lists new stuff almost every day, but I'm not sure if anyone of it is Jays.

Here's a legit road Bautista that ends today and is still cheap: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Toronto-Blue-Jays-Jose-Bautista-Authentic-Road-Jersey-48-/390569095938?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item5aefbb7302

For whatever reason the blue alternates seem to be harder to come by, but still, I can't stand when people buy bulk stock and list on eBay for retail or higher. If I wanted to pay retail I sure as hell wouldn't buy from eBay.

Ya sadly I'm looking for alternate.I thought retail on authentic where $200 so customized for under that is at least an OK price but ya no where's near the Yankees price you're talking about

Last year was the first year of the new style, so no, they're exactly the same this year.

Here's my ungodly sin for the year:

Russell 1998 New York Mets black alternate. First year of the black and a one season style with the blue/white/orange skyline logo, which was changed to blue and black for the '99 season. I'm gonna harvest the jock tag and then it needs work, because there are things wrong with it.

DSCN2529_zpsa4c69d5e.jpg

Things that are wrong: 1) lettering is too small 2) top layer isn't glacier twill

DSCN2533_zps802e3bf1.jpg

I figure it'll make a nice John Franco #31, as he only wore his original number for about 6 weeks during the '98 season before the Mets got Piazza.

Nice Mets jersey. Glad to see that you found the jock tag you were looking for. I thought last year was bad for the Angels in April. Then again the Angels never played well in April....or September....or October.

Got this in a couple days ago just didn't have a chance to post pictures yet. Glad I went with 48, 44 would have been too small and 52 I probably would be swimming in.

P1030123_zps5d87cee1.jpg

P1030125_zps935201c4.jpg

Well, Derek Jeter's career might be over. He's out until at least after the All Star break with a crack in his surgically repaired ankle, and that's the best case scenario.

Well, part 2 of my Yankees project is finally finished, and to the surprise of nobody here, Mike does great work as always AND got the box back out to me two days after he got it. Here's the final pieces of my puzzle (for now):

Authentic 2008 Mike Mussina Home Jersey w/2008 ASG and Yankee Stadium patches and memorial armband:

250164_10151379480162015_1165486816_n.jp

This was originally an AJ Burnett #34

935573_10151379480232015_1993973751_n.jp

Authentic 2008 Andy Pettitte Road Jersey. This was done a year ago, just added the armband and patches:

62681_10151379480242015_139229428_n.jpg

942291_10151379480267015_1082928215_n.jp

And the holy grail of the bunch:

Authentic 1996 Derek Jeter ROOKIE JERSEY with 1996 World Series patch and memorial armband:

601810_10151379480152015_1327954750_n.jp

946043_10151379480157015_1284776108_n.jp

That's it for a while for me. My goal is to eventually complete the core four in the dynasty years and to have a Mariano from every World Series (I know, I'm crazy and it's going to take a while) and once I complete that (in a few years) I'll probably be done with jerseys for good.

Not at retail, I don't know what's up with that. PTF Sports is 100% legit, but I have no idea what's up with the 42 with retail tags. Message him and ask, and make sure you tell him you know 42 is not a retail size so he can't try to give you some BS answer to make you go away.

Finally some cheap authentic jays blanks show up on Ebay and of course its ptfsports who doesn't ship to Canada >_>

:huh:

if ur interested i'll pick whatever u need up and ship it..email me (lykensentertainment@comcast.net) and tell me what size, color and price u want to pay and as long as u paypal me (gift) the cost and the shipping , i'll do it... no skin off my back to help you out!

:thumbsup:

:noway:

IF anyone's interested in either Tampa Bay Rays or Minnesota Twins jerseys, sizes 52 or 54, please shoot me an email (lykensentertainment@comcast.net)... i'll send 'ya pix of what's available...cleaning out the closet and will make a great deal on them before i put them on flea-bay thursday night... ken

:thumbsup:

A question if anyone knows...

Has anyone got one of the WBC jerseys?

I ordered one because there are a ton available on ebay for cheap. When I got it, I noticed that it's a new "Cool Base" material that is crazy comfortable. Are they switching over all of the MLB jerseys to this new material or is it just exclusive to these WBC jerseys? If they are switching over that might be worth knowing for anyone who is doing up 2013 jerseys with patches or players new to the league this year.

Thanks!

As far as I know all MLB teams other than the Yankees use the cool base material.

No I know that...I am asking if the uniforms are different this year because the Cool Base material has been changed or if this new material was only used for the WBC.

• 4 weeks later...