Edited by Phil the Thrill

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

MLB caps:

Im looking at another fitted cap but there are so many different price points, and with the exception of wool vs polyester, it's hard to determine what is worth the cost. Even the Authentic Collection vs another might have the same specs with a $10-15 price variance. Anyone know how much the polyester ones vary? Is it better than wool? My current one is wool, but open to other options especially with cleaning.

thanks!

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

I agree that the on-field caps are very hard to gauge. I have a tough time fitting my stupid head into some fitted hats but then other teams fit wonderfully. I have a beautiful New York Giants 1951 throwback fitted hat that fits perfectly but then I have a purple Rockies from last year IN THE SAME SIZE that is a little tight and leaves marks on my forehead. It's very frustrating.

20 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

I agree that the on-field caps are very hard to gauge. I have a tough time fitting my stupid head into some fitted hats but then other teams fit wonderfully. I have a beautiful New York Giants 1951 throwback fitted hat that fits perfectly but then I have a purple Rockies from last year IN THE SAME SIZE that is a little tight and leaves marks on my forehead. It's very frustrating.

So the fit varies too. I was wondering about quality of the various models, whether it be polyester vs wool, etc.

I like the wool ones a lot. They're constructed very well and they feel great. It's just the sizing that can be a hassle. That said, I don't mind the adjustable polyester hats one bit. I have a bunch of those too and they wear a hell of a lot more comfortable than the wool.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa. Where'd you find that?? Are you 100% sure that's a retail?? Because I see a lot there that screams game-worn. Most notably that CORRECT super-bold number font. Those are almost NEVER done correctly. The looooong wings on the nameplate is a big clue too. Is there a Rawlings tag anywhere inside?? I need more information!!!!

eBay, my man. Pretty sure it’s not GW. I believe the Rawlings GW/TI tagging was on the inside of the neck, and this one is on the inside bottom-left when wearing the jersey. The Rawlings script would also be stitched directly to the sleeve, and this one is on a little patch.

But, it is his size 😉

33891690048_e6402b696d_b.jpg

33891689978_0c36bed619_b.jpg

Edited by jsh139

But yeah, the font is all correct, as far as I can tell, as well as the nameplate with the wings. Pretty cool find, I thought!

There’s another one on eBay now. Missing it’s nameplate. But the numbers are correct.  It’s a little bigger. Size 48, from the look of it. 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F333189522053

Edited by jsh139

• 4 weeks later...

Got a few questions:

1. specifically for the Cubs, how did the customization/layering change between 2013 and when the newer flex base jerseys come out? When did the layering end?

2. Also for Cubs fans, who do you use for customization? CSL can do it, just wondering who the official provider is.

3. Aside from the flexbase section, what else changed in material between 2013-2016? I don't think anything but just checking.

3 hours ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Got a few questions:

1. specifically for the Cubs, how did the customization/layering change between 2013 and when the newer flex base jerseys come out? When did the layering end?

2. Also for Cubs fans, who do you use for customization? CSL can do it, just wondering who the official provider is.

3. Aside from the flexbase section, what else changed in material between 2013-2016? I don't think anything but just checking.

1. It would have been layered the whole time up until flex base. I can double check with Bill Henderson’s guide. 

2. Majestic does a lot of on field stuff, so chances are comes direct from factory. 

3.  Teams mostly used cool base during this time with exception of odd player or whenever throwbacks were worn. 

42 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

1. It would have been layered the whole time up until flex base. I can double check with Bill Henderson’s guide.

Looking at flex base gamers, now they're just a single layer with a real thick outer contrasting stitch instead of a second layer?

I've sent jerseys to CSL, EPS, and had Brilliant do a kit for me.

As much as a I wanted a WS Cubs jersey, I haven't been able to get on board with MLB jerseys in almost two decades. The material is so thin and cheap feeling for the price. Flex base is obviously the worst and cool base wasn't much better. The thick ultrafil-like Rawlings and Russel jerseys of the 80/90's were the best. Plus the contrast sleeve cuff adds so much more visually that the bland jerseys now just don't have.

The flex base should be your traditional kiss cut. Its some special light weight twill. So two layers in total. 

1 hour ago, Phil the Thrill said:

2. Majestic does a lot of on field stuff, so chances are comes direct from factory. 

3.  Teams mostly used cool base during this time with exception of odd player or whenever throwbacks were worn. 

Thanks 

considering a throwback but if Majestic did it I wonder if I'll just need to go through them. Hard to tell just in pics how the numbers were done for the one offs. Also looking at a pre-flex base home.

1 hour ago, mdwsta4 said:

Looking at flex base gamers, now they're just a single layer with a real thick outer contrasting stitch instead of a second layer?

I've sent jerseys to CSL, EPS, and had Brilliant do a kit for me.

As much as a I wanted a WS Cubs jersey, I haven't been able to get on board with MLB jerseys in almost two decades. The material is so thin and cheap feeling for the price. Flex base is obviously the worst and cool base wasn't much better. The thick ultrafil-like Rawlings and Russel jerseys of the 80/90's were the best. Plus the contrast sleeve cuff adds so much more visually that the bland jerseys now just don't have.

Totally get it. I couldn't pass it up, and since it's still The on-field jersey it is what it is. I also know I would have regretted it now since they're harder to find and sold out online.

Edited by AParrotLooksAt40

26 minutes ago, AParrotLooksAt40 said:

Thanks 

considering a throwback but if Majestic did it I wonder if I'll just need to go through them. Hard to tell just in pics how the numbers were done for the one offs. Also looking at a pre-flex base home.

Don’t think Majestic will take customization orders. You’re safe going through EPS or Keener. Baseball are a lot more standard than hockey since customization is a lot more centralized (since majority occurs at Majestic). I don’t know how logistics work fully, but I think teams still have local guys to do rush jobs, although majority go through Majestic. 

Let me know what jerseys you need pics of and I can send you screens from Bill henderson’s book. 

Edited by Phil the Thrill

How in the mother of f*** did I miss this thread? I won't post all my baseball jerseys in one shot, but here are my favourites...

Not normally into jerseys *everyone* else will have, but no Expos fan should be without a Vladdy jersey. (Keener adding the 9 on the right sleeve makes it unique!)

Nlg8pGI.jpg

gZdC8zH.jpg

I'm not often attracted to special jerseys, but this one is just cool to me for whatever reason. Didn't care that Jones was the only player when these went on sale.

9CWHCB2.jpg

7MYAqpa.jpg

Game worn at a B tournament in Prince George, BC. I'll never fit it but I'll not sell it either. (I bought two directly from players and sold one for a nice profit on eBay. This one stays with me!) Jose Abreu and Yulieski Gourriel (not this MLB "Gurriel" bull****)  played at this tournament in 2011, but they got top prices for their jerseys lol.

6pK1sRT.jpg

n49GZc8.jpg

This one allows me to vent a bit... it really pisses me off that the team went to "NETHERLANDS" script at the last WBC. They really need to go back to "NEDERLAND".

R6577rO.jpg

n1t9234.jpg

Bought this one at the (yes, pretty sure THE) baseball shop in The Netherlands. 2004 Olympic style. I'll have to search for pics and maybe Keener can put a number on it for completion sake.

gXXa0qF.jpg

I had this one done up literally weeks, if not days before Halman's brother stabbed him in the neck. :( Doing some searching, Halman only ever wore this style (Dave patch and all) June 17, 2011 against the Phillies. No AB, but got in for 2 innings in LF (assuming 8th and 9th). 

2b2JllZ.jpg

qNQEK6A.jpg

Edited by Van67

16 hours ago, Phil the Thrill said:

Don’t think Majestic will take customization orders. You’re safe going through EPS or Keener. Baseball are a lot more standard than hockey since customization is a lot more centralized (since majority occurs at Majestic). I don’t know how logistics work fully, but I think teams still have local guys to do rush jobs, although majority go through Majestic. 

Let me know what jerseys you need pics of and I can send you screens from Bill henderson’s book. 

The 8/24/14 game against Baltimore. They wore a 90s throwback. pics that I've seen appear to be the same customization as the normal royal alts but I can't confirm with the shots I've seen.

That's a simple one to replicate. It's from the 1994 season. I've owned several of that style.

God I LOVE those Dutch jerseys! Especially that Schoop. They've been one of my favorite baseball styles for a while now but I can never seem to find one in a decent size...and I do agree. The Nederland was so much cooler.

I have a similar Vladdy Expos jersey but it's an earlier version. In fact, I recently managed to find a French Jackie Robinson patch. That was a hard one to track down. I had to pull it off an old BP jersey.

• 4 weeks later...

Doing some baseball jersey window shopping... one jersey I've always been intrigued by are the Anaheim Angels pinstripe style they wore from 1997 to 2001. I've been able to find a few on eBay that appear to be legit Russell authentic jerseys, but when I look at game photos, it's all Rawlings. Did Russell product authentic jerseys of this style for retail only?

Can't speak to the Angels, but I've owned 90's era Cubs jerseys from Rawlings and Russell. IMO they're almost identical save for the sleeve logo and hem patch

According to Bill Henderson's book, the only jersey they wore Russell for during that timeframe was the alternate navy from 1997 to 1999. Beyond this period they never wore Russell athletic (Wilson before and Rawlings up until the change to Majestic in 2003).

So any russell athletic jerseys you would see would be for retail authentic purposes only.