• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two new arrivals...

'90 Maddux

IMG_2457_1-vi.jpg

Also have an All-Star patch that will be sewn on shortly

IMG_2458_1-vi.jpg

And I am so disappointed with this one. I LOVE this style they wore in a game last year against the Doyers. But it's a size 50 and a friggin tent on me! So as much as I like it, I'm going to have to sell it :(

IMG_2459_1-vi.jpg

Nice Maddux! And your 47 TBTC team issued looks like the one I got - so wrinkled they must have had them wadded up in an equipment bag for months. I finally had to steam the crap out of mine to get it looking decent. Btw - mine's a 48 and it is big on me too.

Both those Cubs jerseys are pretty sweet. I don't remember them wearing that 90's jersey, nor do I remember them not having names. Can't go wrong with Maddux though.

1332979654[/url]' post='89880']

Is it 1947? For some reason I thought it was 1946. Either way, I can't wait to get it!

When the team sold them at the Cub convention they said 1947. But I thought they said they were 1944 when the game happened last May. I actually think any of the mid-40's were the same.

1332984073[/url]' post='89885']

Both those Cubs jerseys are pretty sweet. I don't remember them wearing that 90's jersey, nor do I remember them not having names. Can't go wrong with Maddux though.

They wore the Rawlings jerseys 90-91, and neither year had names on the back of the home jerseys. Then they switched to Russell in 92 and for one year had no names on the back of the home jerseys. Those were added in 93. The blue sleeve trim disappears in 94.

Just got these back from Mike, who does great work as always.

Authentic Rawlings 1990 Don Mattingly New York Yankees Road Jersey w/ #1

IMG_6619.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

And the one that Mike really hates me for...

Majestic 1999 Derek Jeter American League All Star Vest

IMG_6621.jpg

I can't wait until I have something to contribute to this thread. Hopefully Mike gets to finish taking off the residue from stripping my jerseys and I can buy up my patches and everything and get this show finished. Hopefully I'll also be able to wear them to ballgames this year and not be a complete friggin cripple for the entire summer.

That vest looks familiar, Matt! Very nicely done! :thumbsup:

Thanks Jeremy. It's one of my favorites, and it's a nice light jersey, so it's not like I have to go crazy with it, and it's good to wear to games on really hot days instead of a double knit jersey.

Thanks Jeremy. It's one of my favorites, and it's a nice light jersey, so it's not like I have to go crazy with it, and it's good to wear to games on really hot days instead of a double knit jersey.

Any time Matt! I am glad it went to someone who is going to wear it and is going to appreciate it!

So, got myself one of those beloved Oakland A's Black alternate jerseys for quite a good deal. I can get it customized locally, but I wonder if its worth it to ship out somewhere due to those curved Nameplates. Thinking maybe Thomas 35 on it. Was a huge Big Hurt fan back in the day.

You have to get Duchscherer 58 on it. Really anything other than Zito 75 would be fine. That guy was an embarrassment to the A's, baseball, and humanity in general. At least until he started stealing money from those cheat a******* across the bay.

Barry Zito sucks.

There really aren't that many choices because those teams were pretty bad. :lol:

Big Hurt was done by the time he came back in 08. Chavez spent more time on the DL than DiPietro. Bobby Crosby was more injury prone than Sidney. For position players, Ellis (14) and Suzuki (8, 24) were the ones that were around for most of that era and weren't completely useless. I'm biased towards pitchers (especially obscure ones) myself so I would probably go with Duke or Braden (51). I'd say go with Big Hurt because that's who you wanted in the first place and he's a HOFer. Barry Zito sucks.