Peter Bondra

Sharks_Fan

Has anyone heard a word about Peter Bondra? Are there any teams out there looking at him right now? He is only two goals away from 500 Career goals, and it would be a shame if he didn't get a chance to reach that.

The Capitals are complete fools for not signing him. Even at 38, he would still be the second best player on that team! Last year, the Caps were in the Bottom 5 in both PP and PK. This year they are slightly better, but it is too early to tell. Since Bondra excels at special teams, he would be very valuable to the Caps. They have a lot of young players, but no skilled veterens to learn anything from.

They could sign him short term! They even have the cap space to do so. I think it would be a really great move for them, as he could build up chemistry with Ovechkin and Semin.

Actually I heard the Canes are looking at Bondra from a Canes fan on the Sabres boards. Don't know how true that is, but to answer the originl question, yes I have heard something about him.

Peter Bondra is good, but I dont think he fits in with the Leafs. I like seeing the youngsters get to play for a change :\

Yeah - I think Bondra is a bust for the Leafs. The only reason I give credence to the rumors that Carolina is talking to him is because they seem to love picking up rental veterans when they can. Bondra still has some game left in him, but I don't see him really being a truly worthwhile aquisition for anyone but a struggling team.

Peter Bondra is good, but I dont think he fits in with the Leafs. I like seeing the youngsters get to play for a change :\

What are you talking about? he's perfect for the Leafs. Old, not what he once was, injury-prone. It's a perfect fit. :lol:

What are you talking about? he's perfect for the Leafs. Old, not what he once was, injury-prone. It's a perfect fit. :lol:

Hah. Finny - at first I thought you were being serious and than as a finished the sentence I actually laughed out loud. Very nicely done. B)

Was looking through a bunch of websites today and the only one that had anything on Bondra was something posted back in September about the Wings looking at him. Haven't heard anything official about him though since Atlanta chose not to offer him a contract at the end of last season.

I would like to see him get picked up though. He is one of those players that seems to keep his mouth shut and goes out to help his team any way he possibly can.

• 1 month later...
Well to bump up an older post, today Bondra signed with Chicago.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2693184

Havlat can use the help. Comes back after missing 19 games and has two goals and an assist... it's a shame he missed any time. 16 points in 8 games. Hopefully this helps Chicago turn things around a little. They're looking good since Savard took over.

With all Havlat's talent and all the time he missed last year, especially after seeing his performance at the conclusion of last year when he returned, he was my #1 sleeper pick in this year's fantasy hockey draft.

I got him too and was looking good at the start of this year. I can't wait to get him back into the lineup as he's picked up right where he left off.

As for Bondra, he hopefully will get plenty of ice time in Chicago and I hope he's still got some gas left in the tank. He's a class individual and I'd hate for him to stay around too long and not look good. He's always one of my favorites.

Well off to a good start after 1 game. 1 Power Play goal, 3 shots in 11:54 of ice time, 5:05 of which was on the power play.

And fantasy league waiver wires are burning up around the world with so many trying to get the 38-year old. B)

• 2 weeks later...
Well he got career goal #500 tonight. Congratulations to Peter Bondra.

Well I know which jersey I'm wearing today!

62_12.JPG