Where to buy letter/number kits?

DropkickMurphy8

Anyone know a place to get good kits from? From reading these forums, I gather that 20West is pretty bad? I've got my eyes on a couple of Starter Rangers jerseys, but I can't seem to find anyone locally who has the kit that was used from 90-07, and the current kits are slightly different. I figure it'd be a pretty good idea to find a place that has the kit I'm looking for so I can buy it and have it sewn on professionally later.

Also - Anyone ever buy a jersey from 20West? They show that they have the Liberty jerseys....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always go to EPS. A friend of mine goes to http://gamedaysportsarchives.com/ for some rarer ones. I had a problem with the second one once so I haven't gone back.

Is there anyone out there who has a perfect record? Nope, from all the complaints we see on the threads, not one customizer is immune to making mistakes. I think you really have to be specific with what you want, but even then, they could screw things up. The guy taking your order is probably not the same guy filling the order. As long as they're willing to make things right, that's pretty much the best you can ask for.

He used to be. I've had some issues with him recently.

Came across this last night. Eastern Lettering. http://easternlettering.net/cart/

They are so slow and sometimes never send anything.

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/15248522630/eastern-lettering-raleigh

D- from the BBB

http://www.bbb.org/raleigh-durham/business-reviews/sporting-goods-stores/eastern-lettering-in-raleigh-nc-90082427

Took me about a month to get a nameplate, after calls and calls.

Has anyone ordered from stahls? It says you need a business tax ID #.

The few rangers kits I had done with jersey express came out fine. Like someone said earlier no place has a perfect record. When you buy a kit just give details of what you want (pics, description, etc.) and hope they do it right (most cases they will).

The few rangers kits I had done with jersey express came out fine. Like someone said earlier no place has a perfect record. When you buy a kit just give details of what you want (pics, description, etc.) and hope they do it right (most cases they will).

Jersey express messed up the two Leafs kits I ordered off them. Everything was wrong on them and even after I gave them exact measurements off gamers for the sizes they came back and told me they couldn't do them properly so even if you give places exact details they still may not get it right.

EPS - 3 jerseys complete (no problem), still waiting on 2 to get back that have been there since early Dec

Good work so far, but waaaaay slow (obviously busy)

Not sure if you can just order kits from them, but I don't see why not

Gamedaysportsarchives - 6 jerseys complete, 2 currently with Truman. 2 past problems (1 wrong color arm numbers, 1 no nameplate when there should have been)

The nice thing about Truman is that he (with me anyways) always emails a pic of the final product, so when I noticed both errors I made him aware, and he quickly fixed them before shipping them back to me, and did a perfect/flawless job so there was no signs of any mistake in the first place

Vintageminnesota - ordered a few kits from Kyle a while ago, but both nameplates were slightly off colour and didn't match up to my jerseys (1 buffalo, 1 caps)

I haven't ordered from him since

I think I'm just going to use EPS, shouldn't be too expensive with shipping a kit. Then I'll get a local place to sow it on for me who does all the lettering for youth hockey jerseys(they have great prices).

That's the problem with me sending it, I am Canadian, so shipping would be even more.

Make sure you ask them to ship via USPS. They will if you ask them.

If you go with USPS it will save you some money. UPS is so unpredictable with their service charges when shipping from the US to Canada

That's the problem with me sending it, I am Canadian, so shipping would be even more.

I ship to EPS using Canadapost/USPS, and always ship two jerseys at a time. It's about $20-25 both ways, but for me it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone here know a place that would be able to make a kit of just the name? Jersey express wants 30 bucks for a rangers name which makes no sense since a full kits $34 on there.

EPS - 3 jerseys complete (no problem), still waiting on 2 to get back that have been there since early Dec

Good work so far, but waaaaay slow (obviously busy)

Not sure if you can just order kits from them, but I don't see why not

Gamedaysportsarchives - 6 jerseys complete, 2 currently with Truman. 2 past problems (1 wrong color arm numbers, 1 no nameplate when there should have been)

The nice thing about Truman is that he (with me anyways) always emails a pic of the final product, so when I noticed both errors I made him aware, and he quickly fixed them before shipping them back to me, and did a perfect/flawless job so there was no signs of any mistake in the first place

Vintageminnesota - ordered a few kits from Kyle a while ago, but both nameplates were slightly off colour and didn't match up to my jerseys (1 buffalo, 1 caps)

I haven't ordered from him since

Truman is great to deal with and I have been extremely pleased with the project he is helping me with...True fan of the game as well....