Where to buy letter/number kits?

DropkickMurphy8

All I have to say is stay away from vintage MN hockey. Click my link and see the monstrosity of my Domi jersey. I tried emailing Kyle and calling him to have him fix it. He wouldn't answer the phone or reply to his emails. I will never go back.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2576109510106694328kFlerT

He even has this written:

http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/-strse-template/policy/Page.bok

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is stay away from vintage MN hockey. Click my link and see the monstrosity of my Domi jersey. I tried emailing Kyle and calling him to have him fix it. He wouldn't answer the phone or reply to his emails. I will never go back.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2576109510106694328kFlerT

He even has this written:

http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/-strse-template/policy/Page.bok

OMG I am awestruck with how bad that Domi is.

• 5 weeks later...

Anybody with any suggestions for a Manitoba Moose kit?

I just ordered one from Dangle Sports:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AHL-Jersey-Number-Kit-Manitoba-Moose-home-/320679534846?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa9fd60fe

I asked for a rush on it, so it will be here before Friday's Isles game so I can get it signed. Hopefully, Grabner resigns...bad things happen to pending UFAs/RFAs when I buy their jerseys. I think there is a great chance he signs autographs after the game (he just had a baby :thumbsup: ).

I'm in the process of ordering from danglesports as well. Erik (the man behind the dangle!) has been very accommodating so far with my almost outlandish request for accuracy on this kit.

Hopefully Ill get my kits from dangle soon as I see all the positive reviews (ordered them a week ago).

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered my kit from dangle over 2 weeks ago. He told me it would be at my house in about a week. Needless to say it didn't arrive last week now it's going on Thursday. I emailed Monday to check to see if it was sent..."Not at the office. I'll check ASAP." was the only response I got back. So I asked again yesterday 0 response. I don't care if it's going to be later than anticipated but just tell me something, you know what I mean? Anyone else had this problem with him? Thanks guys.

I ordered my kit from dangle over 2 weeks ago. He told me it would be at my house in about a week. Needless to say it didn't arrive last week now it's going on Thursday. I emailed Monday to check to see if it was sent..."Not at the office. I'll check ASAP." was the only response I got back. So I asked again yesterday 0 response. I don't care if it's going to be later than anticipated but just tell me something, you know what I mean? Anyone else had this problem with him? Thanks guys.

Yea I emailed dangle and the response i got was it had left. that was Monday so hopefully ill get them soon if they really were sent out.

Erik always responded to my emails within the hour I sent him an email (sometimes around 9-10 pm EST). Maybe something is up? He was able to get my Grabner kit to me in a week...he put a rush on it for me which was extremely nice (unfortunately, I was unable to get it signed after the Isles game that day)

I ordered 4 kits from Dangle on eBay (sent to New Zealand).

Paid for over a month ago. I've told him they haven't arrived.

All he replied with was "They should have arrived by now".

I've asked him two separate times if he can look into it with no replies.

There's not much I can do now. The sender needs to investigate.

hey slime, it took over a month to get to me in BC, and hes based somewhere in the east coast of US I believe. So it definitely takes awhile. Maybe it'll get there one day soon!

I'm purely speculating here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dangle is just slammed with orders since he began offering "any name and number" auctions. Speaking as someone who's done a lot of mail order and occasionally been inundated with requests, all it takes is a couple busy days at the day job and you can get way behind.

hey slime, it took over a month to get to me in BC, and hes based somewhere in the east coast of US I believe. So it definitely takes awhile. Maybe it'll get there one day soon!

I am almost positive he is located in Minnesota...I threw out the envelops with the return address though, so I cannot check.

Funnily enough he got back to me yesterday and is going to look into it.

I know what you mean about how it might take a while to process the orders.

But I'm pretty sure we're waiting on the postage, they were sent a long time ago.

Usually stuff arrives from North America in two weeks.

I really hope they show up somewhere. I would be keen to buy more.

Especially now that he does any name and number (wish I got a Kamensky instead of a Roy.. heh).

I finally got everything in on sat from Erik. Sadly the font is wrong for the arm #s and the A for my Sabres 3rd kits. Has any one had to return things to him? I fear he may just say I'm SOL and stop communicating like Ebayers tend to do.

Edit: responded right away...he's going to send me all new arm #'s. Thumbs up.

My kits still haven't shown up but he says he's going to remake them and resend them using a tracking number all at his expense.

So that's pretty cool.

If these ones show up no problem then I will definitely buy a few more.

• 3 weeks later...

The dangle sports guy on ebay tried to take my money on ebay before, had to file a dispute to get my money back. Seems to be he only replies to what he wants to.

The dangle sports guy on ebay tried to take my money on ebay before, had to file a dispute to get my money back. Seems to be he only replies to what he wants to.

Sorry to hear that. Erik was always responsive and accomodationg with me.

Had the same problem. He said he would ship me with tracking and the tracking never moved to this point. Basically going to put feedback tomorrow that my money was stolen... Too bad I really would have done lots of business, I have 20 old all star jerseys that need name and numbering...

I know he's been just SWAMPED lately. Just shoot him an e-mail he'll work it out with you. I bitched about a couple of orders and got my shipping for free.

It kinda sucks that this seems to be a recurring problem with small customizers in this hobby.

They do good work at a fair price, but then they get swamped by the huge demand once word of mouth gets out. The problem is they try to dig themselves out by making promises they can't keep.

It happened to Jay/BurnabyJoeSakic and I on another board and it seems to be happening again with Vintage Minnesota Hockey and Dangle.

Then the big guys like EPS and TTS don't really show a ton of respect to us collectors either, as they focus more on the large team-sales or other bulk orders.