Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

If anyone can give me a quick pit to pit measurement on a mid 80's small block CCM size 52, it'd be greatly appreciated. 

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If anyone can give me a quick pit to pit measurement on a mid 80's small block CCM size 52, it'd be greatly appreciated. 

Going to put an offer on that Christmas tree Devils arn't you?  BTW pit to pit is 26'

3 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Going to put an offer on that Christmas tree Devils arn't you?  BTW pit to pit is 26'

Who, me?????

I had the seller re-measure and the pit to pit is actually 27", so maybe it's a little big for a 52, but it's not quite a 56.

Thanks for the confirmation. 

If it's that studog guy, he seems like a good dude.  I bought a jersey from him a few weeks ago.  He shipped it the same day and it was exactly as described in the pics.  A little pricey, though, but he has some good stuff.

Edit:  Oh, also, assuming it's the 87-88 jersey you're talking about, I had that exact same year jersey in white, size 48.  It fit exactly like a size 48 from the late 80s/early 90s.  So, even though he says it's 27" pit-to-pit, don't be surprised if it fits like any other 52 from that era.

Edited by jsh139

28 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

If it's that studog guy, he seems like a good dude.  I bought a jersey from him a few weeks ago.  He shipped it the same day and it was exactly as described in the pics.  A little pricey, though, but he has some good stuff.

Edit:  Oh, also, assuming it's the 87-88 jersey you're talking about, I had that exact same year jersey in white, size 48.  It fit exactly like a size 48 from the late 80s/early 90s.  So, even though he says it's 27" pit-to-pit, don't be surprised if it fits like any other 52 from that era.

That's what I figured and why I passed on it.

It sold 10 minutes later. 

45 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's what I figured and why I passed on it.

It sold 10 minutes later. 

Yeah, assuming you wanted to actually wear it, you would have been disappointed. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Yeah, assuming you wanted to actually wear it, you would have been disappointed. 

I did, and I would have been. And it would have been the fourth time I tried it, with only one having been successful. 

image_zpsashcanrr.jpeg

Size 50 is approximately 1-1/4" longer, 2" wider at pit level, and each sleeve 2" longer than those of the 46.

15 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

How do the older Nike authentic jerseys fit compared to the current edges? I comfortably wear 52-54 in the 2.0

Ha! I was asking myself the same question yesterday. Here is a chart I found that appears to be helpful. From what I have seen and researched Nike is close to Koho, Pro Player and CCM/Reebok 6100 in sizing. Good luck!

image.png

Edited by Committed

45 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

How do the older Nike authentic jerseys fit compared to the current edges? I comfortably wear 52-54 in the 2.0

Nikes tended to fit slightly larger than other brands of the same era (1990's) like CCM and Starter.  If you wore a 54 CCM you'd probably want a 52 Nike.

So the general rule of CCM size + 4 = Edge size (e.g., size 46 CCM = 50 Edge) could be modified slightly for Nike.  Maybe Nike + 6 = Edge.  In your case unfortunately, you don't see size 46 Nikes, nor 50's (for retail at least), so I don't think you have much choice other than a 48.  

Edited by LAK74

On 8/20/2016 at 11:15 AM, LAK74 said:

image_zpsashcanrr.jpeg

Size 50 is approximately 1-1/4" longer, 2" wider at pit level, and each sleeve 2" longer than those of the 46.

Thanks!

Edited by rattlestar

• 1 month later...

Size 50 Edge is the closest.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

A Bauer size 48 should be close to ....?

Cannot speak for a 48, but I own one Bauer 56 and the sizing is identical to a CCM/Koho pre-Edge 56. 

I'm looking to get my first jersey after catching the hockey bug whilst in canada. But as someone from the Uk who has no clue about hockey jerseys or their sizing I need to ask some advice. 

I'm thinking of getting one of the made in canada edge jerseys (is that the 2.0?). I'm 5'11 and weigh about 180lbs and in the uk I generally wear a size medium in everything. I plan on wearing it casually and most probably over a hoodie or sweatshirt when it's colder, although I do wear pretty form fitting sweaters. 

The sizes are a little confusing to me; would the 46 be too tight? Would the 50 be more appropriate? 

Any help would be really appreciated!

You could probably do a 52 as well; there really isn't much difference between a 50 and 52.

It's a slippery slope...     :)