Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

Hi, 

I am looking into buying my first Edge 2.0 and was debating between a 56, 58, or 58+? I currently have and fit pretty well with a Reebok Premier XXL, CCM replica XL, Adidas Indo-authentic 60, and a RBK 6100 authentic 52. I was leaning towards either the 58 or 58+, but any advice would be appreciated! I have one other question for any who have both an edge 2.0 and a RBK 6100, and that is are there many differences in quality or are they pretty comparable? This forum has been very helpful to my intro into jersey collecting, so thank you for the continued suggestions.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, JTBF81 said:

Hi, 

I am looking into buying my first Edge 2.0 and was debating between a 56, 58, or 58+? I currently have and fit pretty well with a Reebok Premier XXL, CCM replica XL, Adidas Indo-authentic 60, and a RBK 6100 authentic 52. I was leaning towards either the 58 or 58+, but any advice would be appreciated! I have one other question for any who have both an edge 2.0 and a RBK 6100, and that is are there many differences in quality or are they pretty comparable? This forum has been very helpful to my intro into jersey collecting, so thank you for the continued suggestions.

A 6100 52 is more like a 56 in the Edge cut, since they are more tailored. The 60 in the Adidas is also more like a 56 Edge, they are also slimmer fitting. Going with a 58+ might be too big for you if you are going for the same fit. I would stick to 56-58, and if you are looking for the same kind of fit, it’s probably a 56 Edge. 

Quality wise I would say they are about the same, some like the more tailored fit of the Edge over the 6100, some don’t. Some like the edge material, some prefer air knit or Ultrafil. It’s more a matter of personal preference than one being better quality than the other, in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, PensJerseys said:

@mfitz804

Can you bring the master size chart over here in a new thread so it doesn't get lost here?

Let me see if I can copy it over. 

I think it would be really good if people could continue submitting measurements. Unfortunately, most people didn’t bother or seem interested. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Also, I think it’d require its own thread rather than burying it on page 25 of this one, agree?

Totally agree! 

I fully intended to help contribute, but work has been asinine.  By the time I got around to it you appeared to have most of my sizing.  This week should allow me to go back though and see if I have anything you don't though. 

5 minutes ago, PensJerseys said:

Totally agree! 

I fully intended to help contribute, but work has been asinine.  By the time I got around to it you appeared to have most of my sizing.  This week should allow me to go back though and see if I have anything you don't though. 

Ok, I’ll look at it on an actual computer tomorrow and see if it can be copied over. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning can anyone please show me the size difference between a adidas 58 and 58+? I have 58 team issue at home sleeve length is perfect. Wouldn’t mind it being a little bigger in the torso area though. But I’m afraid if I jump a size the sleeve length will be ridiculous. Thanks for any input guys. 

On 11/9/2020 at 5:33 AM, iceman91 said:

Good morning can anyone please show me the size difference between a adidas 58 and 58+? I have 58 team issue at home sleeve length is perfect. Wouldn’t mind it being a little bigger in the torso area though. But I’m afraid if I jump a size the sleeve length will be ridiculous. Thanks for any input guys. 

I’m a bit late to the party here, but for my 58/58+ there doesn’t seem to be any significant difference in the sleeve length or overall length.  The 58+ is about 1/4” wider on each side, but otherwise they seem pretty much identical.  Pics below of a 58 over a 58+:

Adidas 58/58+

Adidas 58/58+_2

Edited by LAK74

• 2 months later...

Apologies if this is somewhere else on the forum - I did a search and couldn't come up with what I was looking for.

What are the measurements for an Adidas MIC size 58?  I saw some partial practice jersey measurements on eBay on practice jerseys, but wanted to confirm with someone who has one.  Based off what I saw, it doesn't seem much wider (a half inch?) than a 56, but I'm unclear on length and sleeves.

Thanks in advance!

12 minutes ago, reedpm said:

Apologies if this is somewhere else on the forum - I did a search and couldn't come up with what I was looking for.

What are the measurements for an Adidas MIC size 58?  I saw some partial practice jersey measurements on eBay on practice jerseys, but wanted to confirm with someone who has one.  Based off what I saw, it doesn't seem much wider (a half inch?) than a 56, but I'm unclear on length and sleeves.

Thanks in advance!

28” from armpit to armpit (30” with the  underarm gussets), 33” from collar to bottom hem, 29” across the bottom hem, and 36” from the center of the back of the collar to the end of the sleeve. 

A 56 is 1 inch smaller across the chest,  one inch smaller across the bottom hem, and a half inch shorter in the sleeve. The overall length is the same. 

4 minutes ago, reedpm said:

Very helpful, and that runs counter to some of the measurements I've seen posted in some auctions.  I'll compare that across some sweaters I have and see if I can swing it.

Thanks for sharing!

No problem. After IceJerseys shut this site down and before SportBuff took it over, some of us created another board, and one of the things we were doing was collecting measurements of as many jerseys as possible. Those measurements were submitted by someone who responded to that project. 

I really should try to move that list to this site. 

• 3 weeks later...

One of these days I hope to get a goalie cut Adidas Canucks jersey for my collection. For regular Adidas jerseys, I wear Size 58. Would it make sense to go with 58G or would I be good in a 56G? Does anyone have measurements of the goalie sizes?

A 58G is 30” across the chest, 33.5” if you include the underarm gussets, 33.25” long, 30” across the bottom hem, and 32.25” from the center of the collar to the end of the sleeve. 

A 58 player cut is 2 inches narrower than a 58G. If 56’s follow the same pattern, a 56G would be 29” pit to pit. 

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

A 58G is 30” across the chest, 33.5” if you include the underarm gussets, 33.25” long, 30” across the bottom hem, and 32.25” from the center of the collar to the end of the sleeve. 

A 58 player cut is 2 inches narrower than a 58G. If 56’s follow the same pattern, a 56G would be 29” pit to pit. 

Assuming that's 29" including the underarm gussets?

2 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Assuming that's 29" including the underarm gussets?

No that would exclude the gussets, if the pattern is the same. A 58 is 30” with the gussets, which means the 58G is 3.5” wider. A 56 is 29” with the gussets, so if you add the same 3.5”, a 56G would be 32.5” with the gussets. 

I’ve never measured (nor seen) a 56G, I’m only guessing based on the measurements of a 56, 58, and 58G. 

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No that would exclude the gussets, if the pattern is the same. A 58 is 30” with the gussets, which means the 58G is 3.5” wider. A 56 is 29” with the gussets, so if you add the same 3.5”, a 56G would be 32.5” with the gussets. 

I’ve never measured (nor seen) a 56G, I’m only guessing based on the measurements of a 56, 58, and 58G. 

I've seen a few searching eBay for Adidas goalie cuts.. though I'm not sure the Canucks will have any themselves as both their goaltenders wear 58G. Just trying to see if my common sense is working right, where I can pull off a regular cut 56, but go for a 58 for that little bit of width a 58 gets me, a 56G would work too. 

Edited by Van67

33 minutes ago, Van67 said:

I've seen a few searching eBay for Adidas goalie cuts.. though I'm not sure the Canucks will have any themselves as both their goaltenders wear 58G. Just trying to see if my common sense is working right, where I can pull off a regular cut 56, but go for a 58 for that little bit of width a 58 gets me, a 56G would work too. 

I would say that’s right. The 58G would be significantly wider, I think ultimately you could still pull it off, but it’d look baggy. Some folks like that, some don’t.

• 4 weeks later...

I Bought Reebok CCM 7187A authentic size 48. It is absolutely huge. Sleeves from pit to cuff are 26 1/2 inches. Shoulders are 27 inches and full length from collar to end of back is 32 inches. What gives. Its definately the real deal. Nice heavy sweater, perferct embroidery. What gives with the size. The tag says 48. It hasn't been restitched with a different tag. I cant find a sweater this big from any manufacturers anywhere. I mean Chara could wear this thing. But it says 48. What gives? Factory screw up?

I only have measurements from a 58+ and they are significantly larger than that. 

What is the width from armpit to armpit when laid flat?

7 hours ago, Danny James said:

I Bought Reebok CCM 7187A authentic size 48. It is absolutely huge. Sleeves from pit to cuff are 26 1/2 inches. Shoulders are 27 inches and full length from collar to end of back is 32 inches. What gives. Its definately the real deal. Nice heavy sweater, perferct embroidery. What gives with the size. The tag says 48. It hasn't been restitched with a different tag. I cant find a sweater this big from any manufacturers anywhere. I mean Chara could wear this thing. But it says 48. What gives? Factory screw up?

Reebok CCM? Reebok never made size 48 past the 6100s. So it sounds like a fake.

Best thing is to post pictures here.  Something is off; as someone else has said, there are no size 48 Edges, and the size 48 6100 (pre-Edge) Reeboks should not have the 7187 designation on the tags.  Many fake jerseys do though.

5 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Best thing is to post pictures here.  Something is off; as someone else has said, there are no size 48 Edges, and the size 48 6100 (pre-Edge) Reeboks should not have the 7187 designation on the tags.  Many fake jerseys do though.

Hope this shows something revealing. I bought this Islanders Jersey used. Its 91 Tavares so its goes back a little. Its a nice heavy sweater. Nothing cheap about it. Its a retail authentic not player authentic. Even cheap Arse knockoffs dont come this big. Even xxxl doesnt have sleaves this long. Im going to hem them up and wear it with a hoodie but if you can tell by the tag let me know. Could it be a goalie cut???. Even though Tavares isnt a goalie...lol...Thanks

20210402_012253_Edited_Edited.jpg