Size Charts - post your sizing questions here...and LAK74 will answer them :)

For the sake of this community, I think it's better to create this topic, so that a new thread about a sizing issue isn't created for every single question. Also, if someone could come up with a title, that fits also the requests of pictures of different size jerseys on top of each other, it would be nice. :thumbsup:

Good idea...this is quite long overdue.

Imma merge this (and all the other one-off size topic questions) here, and will slowly but surely go through it and get rid of all the clutter.

Gents - please post all size related questions here from now on, thanks.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found this on ebay and am wondering if you guys think its worth it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-CCM-Chicago-Blackhawks-no-name-on-back-Jersey-size-large-/171623084045?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27f588700d

if i wear a 46 in an indo, is this large ccm good? I say indo because i have bo authentics and i was at a store with indos earlier and a 46 fit good, a 50 a little big.

The mods are probably going to be pissed at me for turning this into another sizing thread, The mods love me 'cause I answer each and every question, and quite thoroughly I might add, but it's likely they'll merge this with the size charts thread...and oh yeah, here goes...

The Hawks is a mid-90's replica. A large will be noticeably wider than an Edge 46, with longer arms as well. This pic is of a 2.0 46 (sorry, I don't have any Indos but they should be close in size to the 2.0's.), on top of a large CCM replica from the same era as the Hawks one.

image_zps9ad88f5a.jpg

A medium would be a closer match to the 46. Of course, this is not to say that you shouldn't consider getting the Hawks jersey. At least in my case, both the above jerseys fit, except that the large replica obviously fits looser, but it's still acceptable to me.

Edited by slimcutta

The mods are probably going to be pissed at me for turning this into another sizing thread, The mods love me 'cause I answer each and every question, and quite thoroughly I might add, but it's likely they'll merge this with the size charts thread...and oh yeah, here goes...

The Hawks is a mid-90's replica. A large will be noticeably wider than an Edge 46, with longer arms as well. This pic is of a 2.0 46 (sorry, I don't have any Indos but they should be close in size to the 2.0's.), on top of a large CCM replica from the same era as the Hawks one.

A medium would be a closer match to the 46. Of course, this is not to say that you shouldn't consider getting the Hawks jersey. At least in my case, both the above jerseys fit, except that the large replica obviously fits looser, but it's still acceptable to me.

Awesome. Thanks!

Edited by slimcutta

Is there anybody who has pics of a CCM size 44 on top of a Edge 1.0 size 50? Chest wise I think they are both around 22", but I am not sure. TY!

Not in the order you wanted, but it's all I had. 50 1.0 over CCM 44:

photo5.jpg

Overall width is close to the same, but the 1.0 sleeves are longer.

Wearing my premier (medium) right now, the sleeves are about perfect. Unfortunately, in edges the 46 has 65 inches sleeve to sleeve and then the 50 is 68.5 inches (according to this: http://www.icejerseys.com/Bus/B33/S1/ContentPages/sizeChart.html). The medium premier i have is 66 inches. So a bit shorter or way longer? The other thing is the chest. The premier is 24.75 inches, so theres a bit of room but not much because i lift weights a lot. The 46 edge is waaaay smaller at 20.5 inches while the 50 is 22 inches, which is less drastic. If I want to size an edge similarly to a premier, based on chest, id need to get a 54...Then the sleeves would be 71 inches long.

So, being 5'6 and stocky isnt good for jerseys...

Edited by scarchelli

You're probably looking at the old Edge charts, which were made for 1.0's. The 2.0's have significantly different measurements. No way you need a 54. A 50 1.0 fits almost the same as a medium Premier. A 50 2.0 has bigger arms and chest, but the sleeves are slightly shorter than the medium Premier.

If the sleeves on the medium Premier fit you perfectly, then I wonder whether you should have gone for the size 50 2.0 instead of the 46. Might be a slightly tight fit with the 46. I guess you'll find out soon...

I don't think there's ever been a chart made for 2.0's.

What about jb's chart? Is that based on 2.0s? Its the same as the nhl store chart (they both dont include the sleev length) and much different than the chart I was looking at.

I don't know that I've ever noticed that chart before. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it does seem to be more in line with the 2.0 sizes as opposed to the 1.0. The pit-to-pit lengths seem a little exaggerated, I think, because of how the sides of the Edges flare outwards in the pit area and also towards the hem. An Edge with a 27" pit-to-pit would not fit as wide overall as a more square-cut, traditional CCM 54 which would also measure 27" pit-to-pit.

Starter authentic size 48-R, how do they fit in regards to letter sizes (CCM/KOHO letter sizes)?

I've read that the Starter jerseys aren't consistent in sizing, but I have one Starter authentic and it's a 48-R and it fits like a CCM 48, but only with slightly longer arms.

I've read that the Starter jerseys aren't consistent in sizing, but I have one Starter authentic and it's a 48-R and it fits like a CCM 48, but only with slightly longer arms.

Yeah I have a CCM 42 from the early 90s that I compared it to (I got the measurements from the seller.) Similar across the armpit, the Starter is an inch or two shorter from shoulder to hem but has longer sleeves by a couple of inches.

Quick question. I'm looking to get a CCM Vintage jersey. I *assume* they are the same sizing as CCM 550s. Based on the size charts at sportsk it would suggest they are slightly larger than most. The other sizes they list seem accurate to Edge 2.0, Reebok Practice, and Premiers so I *assume* it accurately represents the Vintage Line.

Currently I wear a 56 in Edge 2.0 and in Premiers XLs work and XXLs work with sweatshirts. I prefer the XXLs. Based on the size charts it suggests a Large, however looking at what people wear here they seem to go the same size or larger.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CCM Vintage Hockey replicas are indeed 550's; the 550 designation is on the sleeve tag. I can't help you much because your size is way out of my own range of experience, but I'm not sure at all how accurate the Sports-K size chart is. For a medium they list the pit-to-pit as 26", which seems exaggerated. My VH mediums (I have at least 5 of them) have a width of 23", and also a pit-to-pit of 23", if you measure from the point of the 2 gussets that are closest to each other. The only way you'd get 26" is if you measure from some point on the gussets where they flare out well beyond the sides of the jersey. If this exaggeration of width carries on to the larger sizes, as I would expect, then it's no surprise that you would think you need a Large even though you wear larger sizes in other brands.

The CCM Vintage size XXL have a Pit to Pit (excluding the gussets) of 29.5".

Width across the bottom hem is 30.25"

Length from collar to hem is 32"

Sleeve from shoulder to cuff is about 27.5, this was hard to measure because its a Devils jersey and the shoulder area isn't delineated very well, I just measured from about where the top would be.