Ebay 2.0

JeffB

Probably because the people who buy from him don't know the difference between legit and fake. It's your typical individual with a low "jersey IQ" who would only give that guy positive feedback. That's the only thing I could come up with. :lol: But you have to wonder with the customization on that Jagr jersey.... :lol: Oh well what else is new.

That jersey is laughable...That fake jersey doesnt even have a "C" on it. I should make a 1.00 offer for it because thats all its worth.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the CBJ web site, they started play in the Fall of 2000.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=48071

I thought Pro Player was used only for the 1999-2000 season.

The Hockey Uniform Database shows that jersey with a "CCM" logo.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/BlueJackets/BlueJackets2000-01.html

They never wore PP on the ice, but PP jerseys were manufactured, and PP was fairly involved in the design process. I think the ones you see here and there are ones that were sold early on after the unveiling and then customized after the expansion draft or something. I'm not sure on the particulars of how they may have been customized.

CBJ uniform origins

They never wore PP on the ice, but PP jerseys were manufactured, and PP was fairly involved in the design process. I think the ones you see here and there are ones that were sold early on after the unveiling and then customized later, or perhaps prior to the first season. I'm not sure on the particulars of how they may have been customized.

CBJ uniform origins

Gameworn.net shows CCM as well for that jersey.

It makes sense that the CBJ would get some jerseys done well ahead of time for promotional purposes, especially early fan sales, and they'd use the current manufacturer, Pro Player. The contract must have gone over to CCM by the preseason, but they could have had a lot of jerseys out by then.

Gameworn.net shows CCM as well for that jersey.

It makes sense that the CBJ would get some jerseys done well ahead of time for promotional purposes, especially early fan sales, and they'd use the current manufacturer, Pro Player. The contract must have gone over to CCM by the preseason, but they could have had a lot of jerseys out by then.

That's how I remember it, although I didn't get one because I thought they were fugly. I still dislike them, but the completist in me wants to add a stinger patch example to the closet.

The layout itself didn't change much, if at all when they went to CCM. For some reason I think the crests were a little smaller when they finally hit the ice, but I can't confirm that.

Before CCM/KOHO snapped up all the contracts for the league in 2000, Pro Player had started to produce replica AND pro jerseys for the expansion teams in Columbus and Minnesota. Then, they went bankrupt and CCM took over everything shortly after.

So how do you guys, as collectors, look at a jersey like that? Rare? Something you're not interested in cause it's not correct? What's your mindset?

Probably because the people who buy from him don't know the difference between legit and fake. It's your typical individual with a low "jersey IQ" who would only give that guy positive feedback. That's the only thing I could come up with. :lol: But you have to wonder with the customization on that Jagr jersey.... :lol: Oh well what else is new.

true, i was just wondering about all the autografed stuff......maybe they are written by him/herself....

So how do you guys, as collectors, look at a jersey like that? Rare? Something you're not interested in cause it's not correct? What's your mindset?

I haven't seen a PP authentic of the Wild or the Blue Jackets. Although I have seen many replicas besides of the authentic I posted.

Do you think that stain could come out?

Do you think that stain could come out?

stain is one thing. The 2nd point is what bothers me.

If the customizer misplace the number on the sleeves and then remove it, chances are there will be snags or pull marks on it. Common when you strip an edge...

Yeah I'm just seeing the picture now. I looked before on my phone and it was hard to see. I'm gonna avoid that one. It's a ###### shame though. He also has a game worn jersey from the Rangers for sale, but from what I read that player never even made the team, so how is it a game worn jersey?

Yeah I'm just seeing the picture now. I looked before on my phone and it was hard to see. I'm gonna avoid that one. It's a ###### shame though. He also has a game worn jersey from the Rangers for sale, but from what I read that player never even made the team, so how is it a game worn jersey?

pre-season, training camp.

Players can't go onto the ice naked right? :thumbsup: I don't mind if it is the ice-girl...

BTW, I do have a Staal White with Prague patch for sale....

Haha. I usually try to avoid white jerseys just because they get stained easily, but it was so cheap I thought if the stain could come out that it would be a good deal. I'm actually just adding up all of the costs of my jerseys and I'm about to choke on the almost 2000 dollars I've spent so far.

That staal rangers was actually mine, i wasnt able to get that marking out and i dunno what Shawn did once i traded it to him almost a year ago. Im not sure what that little mark is either or if it will come out but hes a coold dude and has some awesome stuff. All legit.

That's it. You're banned for soiling a Rangers jersey.

:D

Haha my bad, na when I bought it the stain was already there but I like that particular staal but that seller(Shawn) is my buddy and said he wanted a staal so I actually traded him the staal for my 1.0 JVR jersey. The mark actually feels like dried bubble gum or something, it's weird but could probably come off with goof off.