Ebay 2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! You are the man (if I find one of these :D). I am either in school or sleeping when these things are listed. I have no problems giving up school, but my naps are very important.

Get the app or take your laptop to class that's what I do, and I'm a med student...that's right I could be your doctor and I'm on eBay looking for hockey sweaters with cartoon ducks.

Get the app or take your laptop to class that's what I do, and I'm a med student...that's right I could be your doctor and I'm on eBay looking for hockey sweaters with cartoon ducks.

Hahahahaaha oh wow, scary. Seriously though, the app on a cell phone is too slow to bid last second.

See that 1 offer? Yep from yours truly. It's a 52 with the COA. Just what I've been looking for.

I won all three of my goat heads on the app. It takes a few auctions to learn the timing. Not perfect but great for looking stuff up every few mins especially if you're going hard after something and have to go out for more mountain dew.

Haha solid! That means you will be a good doctor :thumbsup: . I am still in high school, so eBay is blocked (so is ESPN, but nobody cares about ESPN....TSN.ca isn't blocked) (however, MGG, Icejerseys, and Islander Mania are not blocked either). I don't have internet on my phone, so I cant do the app thing :(. I only go for 5 hours a day.

If anyone sees a reasonably priced Wild Wing (under $150), can we please buy it for Jeremy and he will be forever grateful and pay you back?

Haha solid! That means you will be a good doctor :thumbsup: . I am still in high school, so eBay is blocked (so is ESPN, but nobody cares about ESPN....TSN.ca isn't blocked) (however, MGG, Icejerseys, and Islander Mania are not blocked either). I don't have internet on my phone, so I cant do the app thing :(. I only go for 5 hours a day.

If anyone sees a reasonably priced Wild Wing (under $175-200), can we please buy it for Jeremy and he will be forever grateful and pay you back?

You have heard of finder's fees?

Not that I would ever do such a thing.

When simple extortion would serve.

If anyone sees a reasonably priced Wild Wing (under $175-200), can we please buy it for Jeremy and he will be forever grateful and pay you back?

You still in High School? I thought a lot of people here are older than me.

I wanna know what kind of job you have in high school that you have money for all these jerseys lol

Lets hope it's not one of them illegal ones. :unsure:

I wanna know what kind of job you have in high school that you have money for all these jerseys lol

I umpire baseball in the summers, and it pays some serious cash at the level I am at. I also usually ask for cash on birthdays and holidays. And sometimes the old man chips in on my jerseys when I find him a nice jersey.

I usually save my money. I get cash on birthdays and holidays too and the gift from my parents on my birthday. Since I have a lot of relatives I get more money to spend on jerseys and the occasional PS3 game.

Not bad. I don't make a bad living myself, but I have my limits on what I'll pay for a jersey. Just too afraid to spend so much on something that can get ruined so easily.

You have heard of finder's fees?

Not that I would ever do such a thing.

When simple extortion would serve.

I heard of that myth lol...and I thought you guys are my friends? I would do the same for you (plural). I actually would give something and would even mail you a Tavares autographed picture. :thumbsup: Seriously, if there is anyone that wants to help, as of now, the limit is $150 large or bigger (PM if it is after 1 if you see it and I should be able to buy it lol)

You still in High School? I thought a lot of people here are older than me.

Yup...senior

I finished my job application for Trader Joes so I might get a part time job there. I just look for deals. I get money for birthday presents/holiday presents. I just finished all of my present money on the jersey coming tomorrow (lasted 3 months!). Also, my parents let me return bottles and keep the money. Believe it or not, they really do add up. We go through a lot of water and soda. One other thing I did to get money was type a letter for an elderly gentleman. I also sold stuff on eBay.

I have also been asked to tutor and to be a clown on the weekends (I am seriously consiering this job...pays very well).

Lets hope it's not one of them illegal ones. :unsure:

Yup. I am not into the illegal stuff...can't afford it with my jersey purchases :D

I umpire baseball in the summers, and it pays some serious cash at the level I am at. I also usually ask for cash on birthdays and holidays. And sometimes the old man chips in on my jerseys when I find him a nice jersey.

If I clean the house or do something for my parents or brother, they will let me buy a jersey on account. Umpire is a good call. I will go to my former little league and see if I could get a job.

I usually save my money. I get cash on birthdays and holidays too and the gift from my parents on my birthday. Since I have a lot of relatives I get more money to spend on jerseys and the occasional PS3 game.

I really don't buy anything except for jerseys. I very rarely spend more than $50-75 on a jersey.

Ebay is your best friend when on a budget

When I was younger, my parents used to give me an allowance based on my test scores. Needless to say, I got a lot of 100s in elementary school and middle school :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Doug-Gilmour-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-jersey-CCM-Sz-52-NWOT-/320667474543?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4aa9455a6f

For anyone eying explor's latest batch of jerseys and is still relatively new to the fun, this one is a glaring thumbs down. Talk about a frankenstein of tags!

I was actually bidding on an authentic Starter Graves jersey from him a while ago before I knew better(I didn't even notice the fight strap at the time. I wondered why it went for over 200 bucks and then I realized after it ended) and it definitely looked legit.

I umpire baseball in the summers, and it pays some serious cash at the level I am at.

Second-year umpire checking in. Curious what you guys make north of the border. I work sandlot ball down here, age 7 all the way up to 21. 7-8 is a new division this year and they pay $36 a game. 9-10 and 11-12 are $40, 13-14 is 45, 15-16 pays 50, 17-8 55 and 19-21 is 60. Tournaments are usually $5 extra a game in each age group. I made a TON of money last summer, hence my PS3 and the jersey binge I've been on. High School ball pays something like $80 for JV and $110 for Varsity, so I'm totally doing that next year also. Two hour time limits for both sandlot AND High School also, so it's like making $20+ an hour to stand around and do absolutely no physical work. It's a great job, I love it.

Yup. I am not into the illegal stuff...can't afford it with my jersey purchases :D

I really don't buy anything except for jerseys. I very rarely spend more than $75 on a jersey.

I might just buy a jersey for my birthday instead of a game. Last year I got 2 PS3 games and a jersey. It is unfortunate that people in my school would rather do illegal things of which I can't name but not buy at least a jersey.

Second-year umpire checking in. Curious what you guys make north of the border. I work sandlot ball down here, age 7 all the way up to 21. 7-8 is a new division this year and they pay $36 a game. 9-10 and 11-12 are $40, 13-14 is 45, 15-16 pays 50, 17-8 55 and 19-21 is 60. Tournaments are usually $5 extra a game in each age group. I made a TON of money last summer, hence my PS3 and the jersey binge I've been on. High School ball pays something like $80 for JV and $110 for Varsity, so I'm totally doing that next year also. Two hour time limits for both sandlot AND High School also, so it's like making $20+ an hour to stand around and do absolutely no physical work. It's a great job, I love it.

You play NHL 11 Dropkick?

If I clean the house or do something for my parents or brother, they will let me buy a jersey on account. Umpire is a good call. I will go to my former little league and see if I could get a job.

It's a fun job if you can deal with the coaches and the loudmouth parents who think they're above the rules because they're not on the field. Luckily the league I work for explicitly allows us to eject spectators in the rulebook, and if they refuse to leave we can forfeit to the opposing team. I hate people, but for what they pay me to do absolutely nothing I put up with them. At the same time, I only put up with so much before I start giving guys the thumb and once I start tossing people I have no problem running multiple guys from one team if they're a problem. It's a fun job though.

Oh, and as far as going to your old little league about umpiring goes. You'd probably have to go to the umpire association if they have one (assuming it's not just one guy who does every game from the mound )...We have an actual umpire association. Also, uniforms and equipment are VERY expensive. You're going to need plate shoes (you can't just go behind the plate in sneakers without breaking your foot - you're going to get beat up), a good chest protector with lots of padding, shin guards and a quality mask that's going to hold up when you're taking foul balls off of it all summer. Plus a plate brush, ball bag and an indicator. Everything ran about 500 bucks including my uniform. You're also going to need field shoes if your little league has two-man games with an umpire in the field. If you decide you're going to umpire baseball, PM me for where to get your equipment.

I heard of that myth lol...and I thought you guys are my friends?

Friends? Yeah, OK . . . how much we talkin'?