Ebay 2.0

JeffB

To all fellow bored members PLEASE I ASK do not bid on this as I will kill for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300690306320#ht_500wt_1159

Thank you :thumbsup:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all fellow bored members PLEASE I ASK do not bid on this as I will kill for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300690306320#ht_500wt_1159

Thank you :thumbsup:

I am on the watch for this as well and bidding what are you looking to go to

Dude is that you bidding with me and if it is I'm really sorry but I'm going to spill some cash on it.

Dude is that you bidding with me and if it is I'm really sorry but I'm going to spill some cash on it.

Just wondering, what is the point of bidding on it now?

Why not wait until it's almost over and throw your top bid on it, that way you don't drive the price through the roof.

Or give someone else a reason to freak out and bid because they have been bidding from day one and they're trying to prove a point that they can win it.

I never understood bidding to soon, it always ended up costing me more in the long run.

Why not wait until it's almost over and throw your top bid on it, that way you don't drive the price through the roof.

Or give someone else a reason to freak out and bid because they have been bidding from day one and they're trying to prove a point that they can win it.

I never understood bidding to soon, it always ended up costing me more in the long run.

Thats my rule but for some reason I was so mad that the seller did not sell me the jersey when there was on a $10 bid on it. I offered good money for it too. I'm just going to sit this one out and wait till the last 30sec.

Not to interrupt the conversation about bidding, but this made my go :o

Is it just because of the tags being attached? Kind-of nuts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320876374765

Yeah same, I was watching that. It was only at like 55 a couple hours ago.

You didn't go nutso on that 1990's one he was selling, did you? That thing jumped up a notch.

I didn't bid on either. But if those prices were legit, then I've got myself a few team-issued blank cash magnets.

Thats my rule but for some reason I was so mad that the seller did not sell me the jersey when there was on a $10 bid on it. I offered good money for it too. I'm just going to sit this one out and wait till the last 30sec.

Why would he sell it to you just because you asked? It looks like he knows what he has so he'd be stupid to do so. It's guaranteed that he will get more than what you offered, unless you offered something obscenely crazy like $1,000.

The price sure went up a lot! Is it the same seller, though? I can't remember.

I usually play the waiting game but if there is an item I feel has just a limited amount of interest, and is close to what I feel the item might go for, I'd might throw a couple early bids on the item to possibly discourage a potential rival e-bayer. I do agree that on an item you think might get a lot of play it's crazy to drive the price up for yourself, unless of course you know that another fourm member wants it really bad and you are just trying to Pss him off...Just kiddin' :lol: But seriously, that jersey is on just about everybodys "want list" here and now he's just alerted the entire fourm about the auction. If I wanted the item that bad I'd be posting every jersey but that in the eBay thread so as to keep everyone's attention occupied elsewhere.

Why would he sell it to you just because you asked? It looks like he knows what he has so he'd be stupid to do so. It's guaranteed that he will get more than what you offered, unless you offered something obscenely crazy like $1,000.

The reason he did not sell it to me is because someone else was emailing him as well. He originally wanted $175 for it then he emailed me back and told me someone beat me to it. I then told him that I will pay $250 for it and he keept on going back in fort about it not being fair for the other guy. So then he said I'm not selling it to anyone and you guys can bid for it.

Look as a seller if someone offers me more that's who I'm going to sell it too. Also I asked him for a price he could have said someone already offered me money for it.

I usually play the waiting game but if there is an item I feel has just a limited amount of interest, and is close to what I feel the item might go for, I'd might throw a couple early bids on the item to possibly discourage a potential rival e-bayer. I do agree that on an item you think might get a lot of play it's crazy to drive the price up for yourself, unless of course you know that another fourm member wants it really bad and you are just trying to Pss him off...Just kiddin' :lol: But seriously, that jersey is on just about everybodys "want list" here and now he's just alerted the entire fourm about the auction. If I wanted the item that bad I'd be posting every jersey but that in the eBay thread so as to keep everyone's attention occupied elsewhere.

I have a set amount that I'm willing to pay for it and if it passes that amount more power to the person that wins it.

I then told him that I will pay $250 for it

Devil's advocate: You offered 250, it's currently higher than that and it's obviously going to go for a lot more because it still has 6 days left. The guy clearly knows what he has, why would he take what quite honestly is a lowball offer when he knows that if he has two people who really want it, they'll most likely get into a bidding war and he could get double what you offered?

Fact is it's his jersey, if he doesn't want to sell it to you for 250 that's his right. And he was right to hold onto it because that jersey is going to end north of 350. With the number of bids this early and the way more common jerseys have been going for absurd prices lately, I could see it ending somewhere between 400 and 500.

At the time it was only $10 and only 15 people viewed the listing. Also he was going to sell it for $175 so that means he did not know what he was selling.

I'm gonna snipe bid on this one as well. I need the material for a couple of nameplates. Let me know if you guys need any I can cut any size.

It doesn't matter if he knew what he was selling then or now because you guys played in right into the seller's hand by telling him you are basically willing to try abd outbid each other. Should have just offered him your max right away instead of trying to lowball him. :lol:

Not sure what all the fuss is on that Kings jersey.

It is a strip job, which involves some risk on a jersey that old.

You will need the proper ultrafil material for a nameplate.

And...

Is it me or is that crest crooked?

"obtained from the team" yea, then butchered by your local customizer.

I'm gonna snipe bid on this one as well. I need the material for a couple of nameplates. Let me know if you guys need any I can cut any size.

Dude are you serious about you paying that much for a jersey that someone really wants and cutting it up?

Okay let's change the topic and talk about that fake team issue Gretzky BK jersey. So I guees some smart Arse purchased it for $1500+ and is now trying to resell it for $7500? What is this world comming too. (Saking my head in disbelief)