Ebay 2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha thanks for the promo.

Haha thanks for the promo.

Hey no problem and it sold right? Can I now have my commission :)

I finally was able to see one of those Indo-Poops in person and wow they are terrible. The days of great authentics I think are gone for the foreseeable future.

Needs a re-sew of the name but the jersey itself is fairly rare and could be a good deal with an offer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Team-canada-Martin-Brodeur-Authentic-Jersey-/320888511505?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ab6721c11

Also, can someone shed some light on this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wayne-Gretzky-Authentic-Canada-Cup-Jersey-Size-52-/170822800524?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27c5d5148c

Did they ever wear Sandows and did Gretzky as well?

Needs a re-sew of the name but the jersey itself is fairly rare and could be a good deal with an offer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Team-canada-Martin-Brodeur-Authentic-Jersey-/320888511505?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ab6721c11

Also, can someone shed some light on this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wayne-Gretzky-Authentic-Canada-Cup-Jersey-Size-52-/170822800524?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27c5d5148c

Did they ever wear Sandows and did Gretzky as well?

The sandow is a remake, and yes, Gretzky wore Sandow with Team Canada in 1981

The sandow is a remake, and yes, Gretzky wore Sandow with Team Canada in 1981

Just curious, do you have any idea how recent a remake this is?

Just curious, do you have any idea how recent a remake this is?

No however i have seen a yellow penguins Sandow remake (a couple actually)

Not sure when Sandow remade them, but they did.....

No however i have seen a yellow penguins Sandow remake (a couple actually)

Not sure when Sandow remade them, but they did.....

thanks for the info!

Thanks. What I was wondering is, since Sandow seemed to stop making jerseys for the NHL after the early 1980's, did they go out of business soon after that? If they are still around, does anyone know if they made NHL reissues as late as the 1990's or 2000's?

I have this on my watch list, but I shouldn't be buying more jerseys right now anyway. Rangers Messier TBTC, size large:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290695261746?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1180

Have at it.

Yeesh. Those numbers are waaaaaay too fat and tall.

I thought something looked off, but I though the name was too low. You're right though, those numbers are bad.

Z

I've been hunting for a white '88-92 Pens for a little while now, and unfortunately didn't bid high enough on any of the past auctions that ended recently.

So I came across this listing last night, and, of course, messaged the seller for a buy-it-now price, as well as some more info

'89 "game-issued" Lemieux Pens

As most of you may recognize, the customization is off, and the patch may or may not be a replica (upon first glance I think it is, but I haven't taken the time to really compare it with an authentic yet...experts?).

Anyways, since I already have an authentic '90 AS patch and would just strip/re-customize the jersey properly, I'm not overly worried about the condition as long as there aren't any holes, tears, etc.

That said, I've been back and forth with the seller a few times for clarity on the LOA as well as the 'why' he's claiming it's a game-issued jersey, and figured I'd share some of the convo with you guys (mainly for rookies who don't know any better, so we can all learn from people who post things with false information, or claim something is what it isn't).

Keep in mind, the seller has the right to sell whatever he has for whatever he wants, and I'm not arguing any which way here, I'm only posting this for info so take it for whatever it's worth -

Dear masauction,

Hi, any chance of a buy it now for this jersey?

Dear cdelo6,

make me an offer

Dear masauction,

I'm not sure where to begin? I don't think it's an actual game issued 'cause the arm numbers are done wrong, but it's still a nice jersey and it probably wouldn't be hard to replace 'em.

Does $300 work?

Dear cdelo6,

no thank you

Dear masauction,

I just compared it, and the rear numbers are done wrong too. Here's an 89 gamer to compare -

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/34287/2081260740105778501S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/1210/2270028930105778501S600x600Q85.jpg

Anyways, I don't mind stripping/fixing it if need be.

Do you have a price in mind?

Dear cdelo6

$1000, thank you

Dear masauction,

Whoa, really?

This one is brand new with tags still attached for $766 -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400289805374?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I could buy it and have it customized properly for less than you're asking, and yours needs fixing...

I appreciate the offer, but I'll just bid if that's the case.

Dear cdelo6,

that is a retail shirt, mine is game issued

Dear masauction,

I'm pretty sure it's not. The custom job is wrong and the patch appears to be a replica...not to mention any real telltale traits from an equipment manager that are mssing on yours. Plus the LOA doesn't mean anything...I could have written that, lol. It's a nice jersey but I'm pretty confident it's not a game issued.

Dear cdelo6,

the jersey itself is game issued not a retail, thank you

Dear masauction,

The jersey itself is a game issued - what does that even mean? Can you please explain the difference between this jersey and the retail one?

Dear cdelo6,

there is no center ice tag and there is a different cut to the jersey

Dear masauction,

Removing a center ice tag is incidental, and game-worn and game-issued jerseys from the era do not have a different cut than retail authentics

The only time a jersye has a different cut is if it's a goalie jersey, or when alterations have been made for a specific player.

Are you implying there are alterations to this particular jersey? If so, can you please describe any alterations that have been made?

Dear cdelo6,

ok, i stand by that it is not a retail authenitc. it is what it isthank you

I highly encourage you guys to read the LOA, if nothing else it's good for a laugh -

It's basically just a Lemieux Mini-bio, and a general statement of "we're honest and experienced, and it's our opinion the jersey is legit."

Man, you sure are annoying. If I say it's a game-issued jersey, you can take it to the bank! It is NOT a retail authenitc!

Tell him that if it is a true Game Issue that it's a shame, and somewhat criminal, that he totally butchered it like that. :lol:

That also brings up another point...it would be "Team Issued" rather than "Game Issued" correct? Clearly the customization is wrong. Numbers are wrong and you also have the wrong width name plate; the name plate should be shoulder to shoulder. The All Star Patch though looks legit to me at least. Hell, I would buy the patch considering any repro you find on Ebay isn't as close as that.

Reference: http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1989_90_Kevin_Stevens_Penguins_Game_Worn_Jersey_41st_NHL_All_Star_Game-1531-57.html

At any rate...the term, if any, that I would use is "Team Issue" since, seeing that the customization is wrong, the team clearly didn't send it out for customization to be ready for game use. Also a big tell is that there isn't a player number written on the tag. Players numbers were written in marker on the tag to tell the company doing the customizing which player to put on it.

And call me crazy, but I see a hole in the hang tag exactly where the retail tag would have been - right in the middle of the CA zip code. Any true even "Team Issue" would not have the retail tag ever even on it. The friend of mine that sold me a black 92 jersey told me that it was quite possible that the jersey itself was a team issue as it was without the retail tag hole.

Food for thought.

Well now that mention it, he is a criminal.

Wow that sucks, so many people both fake gamers.

To answer the question about Sandow's jersey production in the early 1980's, the reason they stopped was because CCM bought both they and Sport Maska out in the same year. That was why you saw most of the NHL teams switch over to CCM jerseys starting in 1984. There was still some scragglers left like Rawlings(Blues), Eagle(Flyers), Nike(Oilers), Stall & Dean/Cosby's(Rangers) and Cooper(Penguins) but for the most part, CCM became the major supplier of jerseys in 1984. They even recycled some of the Sandow.Maska jerseys by putting their logos on them; i.e. the screened-on hem on Sandow and the CCM patch sewn onto Maska.