Ebay 2.0

JeffB

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the question about Sandow's jersey production in the early 1980's, the reason they stopped was because CCM bought both they and Sport Maska out in the same year. That was why you saw most of the NHL teams switch over to CCM jerseys starting in 1984. There was still some scragglers left like Rawlings(Blues), Eagle(Flyers), Nike(Oilers), Stall & Dean/Cosby's(Rangers) and Cooper(Penguins) but for the most part, CCM became the major supplier of jerseys in 1984. They even recycled some of the Sandow.Maska jerseys by putting their logos on them; i.e. the screened-on hem on Sandow and the CCM patch sewn onto Maska.

Thanks, Mike!

Even though Sandow stopped making jerseys for the NHL after 1984, I was still curious to find out if they kept making replicas or even retail authentics with the Sandow name after that. I did manage to find this, which looks like it might be a replica:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=27&lotid=215

The collar is from the early 80's, but someone put the numbers on the sleeves, not the shoulders, which they didn't start doing until the late 80's. So perhaps this Sandow is really from the late 80's, as indicated, although I realize this is certainly not proof of that. Maybe the "Sunday" jersey reissue that HockeyMusic saw is also from this time period.

Thanks, Mike!

Even though Sandow stopped making jerseys for the NHL after 1984, I was still curious to find out if they kept making replicas or even retail authentics with the Sandow name after that. I did manage to find this, which looks like it might be a replica:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=27&lotid=215

The collar is from the early 80's, but someone put the numbers on the sleeves, not the shoulders, which they didn't start doing until the late 80's. So perhaps this Sandow is really from the late 80's, as indicated, although I realize this is certainly not proof of that. Maybe the "Sunday" jersey reissue that HockeyMusic saw is also from this time period.

Here it is

My link

Here it is

My link

I used to own one of these, and the neck tagging has an newer "Sandow Classic", and the rear hem tag is a sewn on patch. Don't know when it was released, but I would suspect late 80s/early 90s.

I'll check see if I still have pics, and update this post.

I used to own one of these, and the neck tagging has an newer "Sandow Classic", and the rear hem tag is a sewn on patch. Don't know when it was released, but I would suspect late 80s/early 90s.

Bingo! I saw one on eBay last year sometime and it was exactly the same.....new neck tagging (Sandow Classic) and sewn on Sandow SK logo on hem

Thanks for the link, HM. Interesting jersey. I don't think Lemieux ever wore this one, except maybe during the preseason of his rookie year. And the collar is also incorrect, as was the case with the other one I posted. It makes me wonder if Sandow deliberately made the collars different to distinguish between the on-ice authentics and the retails or reissues. I've heard that some Sandow on-ice authentics had different crests or slightly different construction than the same model retail authentics, so it wouldn't surprise me if the collars were altered in the "Classic" reissues.

If you do happen to find pics, I'd love to see the tags and especially the fight strap.

I don't think Lemieux ever wore this one, except maybe during the preseason of his rookie year.

I'm pretty sure it was only pre-season as well, but don't forget the photo shoots : D -

2776917080105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2963764350105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2889976840105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

I'm also pretty sure his was a CCM like Marty's here -

2242248460105778501S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's the Sandow I used to own -

2982639040105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

2329900780105778501S500x500Q85.jpg

The original owner had a '91 and '92 cup patch sewn to each side of the chest, and this was back in the day when I didn't know what the christ I was doing, and I pretty much left permanent marks on the front trying to remove them :(

You guys are right about Lemieux and the yellow jerseys. They wore that last set in the pre-season of 1984 and that was it.

Thanks for the pics, Slim. I was also gonna say I thought the Lemieux was a CCM, because all the Sandow gamers I've seen had collars like this one:

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=57&lotid=770

The original owner had a '91 and '92 cup patch sewn to each side of the chest, and this was back in the day when I didn't know what the christ I was doing, and I pretty much left permanent marks on the front trying to remove them :(

Slim, what exactly was that Penguins gold, a retail authentic? The crest should be screen, as it is in the pics, not a sewn Penguin crest.

eBay:

Rare Vintage 1980's Authentic CCM Team Canada Jersey with double CCM patches

http://bit.ly/JEbkXJ

How picked this up?

XXL Wild wing just listed...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mighty-Ducks-Jersey-XXL-/130685000427?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1e6d6edaeb

Would make a move on it but saving for a couple Isles Gamers so have at it

I emailed him and offers $400 but no response, probably so many people mails him that he's just going to let the auction run.

Yeah I mean if he did any research he would just let it run..but 400 is a very fair offer

I was going to send a low ball offer and see if he really knew what he had, but decided not to.

$400 is a lot for that jersey - the main crest has a bunch of wear on it, and the rear CCMs are both punched (prototype or sample?)

I wouldn't pay it.

My bad - thought youz were talking about the Team Canada...

$400 is a lot for that jersey - the main crest has a bunch of wear on it, and the rear CCMs are both punched (prototype or sample?)

I wouldn't pay it...

Me thinks senior Slim has his posts mixed up. The $400 offer was for the WildWing, not the $70 Team Canada with the punched CCM hem logo.

Well at first my causin emailed him right when he put the listing up and offered him $125 so 30min passed and no answer. I then said to myself look im willing to pay $400 for it and that is what I'll offer him. So he emaile me back and he got over 10 offers and $500 being the highest, I said No thank you :). I'll just bid on it and it will end for $ 400. I noticed that XL Wild Wings sell for more then XXL. Not a lot of people can fit into a XXL which his like a size 56.

That Canada one is NOT an 80's style. It's the 1991 version and it might not even be the original one because it looks like ultrafil. It could be the re-issue from the mid-90's or whenever it was they came out.

That Canada one is NOT an 80's style. It's the 1991 version and it might not even be the original one because it looks like ultrafil. It could be the re-issue from the mid-90's or whenever it was they came out.

I think it's an Ultrafil but if it was an Air-knit I would have been all over it.

Anybody bought from this seller?

Stay away. He basically misrepresents most of the jerseys he sells.