Ebay 2.0

JeffB

Caps' Winter Classic

Take my money, but I'm robbing you! The whole thing is laughable, especially the embroidery but it's sad knowing that some people will still fall for it. Thankfully not I - you guys have trained me well over the past months :D

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like JFTW might get 800 for the Gretzky bk.

The jersey looks like crap, but it has a set tag on the inside hem. I don't think they were faking Lappy jerseys back in the 90's but you never know.

Hopefully if it was someone here that picked it up we'll find out the answer to the mystery.

The jersey looks like crap, but it has a set tag on the inside hem. I don't think they were faking Lappy jerseys back in the 90's but you never know.

Hopefully if it was someone here that picked it up we'll find out the answer to the mystery.

Another from the same seller (I recognized the hanger...):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steve-Duchesne-Los-Angeles-Kings-Jersey-CCM-Size-Large-/270988902519?_trksid=p1984.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D15%26meid%3D8972377457821606481%26pid%3D100012%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D2

About 20 minutes left, and bid up to $30 currently...

Trying to figure out the Ducks one, must be a pre-season gamer. Any site has no stats of him ever playing for the Ducks and I can't find any pics of him in the jersey, just the '07 draft jersey

its real... here is what happen the original sell first posted the jersey but did not have a buy it now, I emailed and asked for a Buy It Now price and he offers to sell it for $50. So i was waiting for him to add the Buy it now price because he did not know how to send an invoice, this a****** http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ian-Laperriere-Los-Angeles-Kings-Game-Worn-Used-Jersey-Avalanche-Flyers-Blues-/280894812380?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4166a2b0dc#ht_500wt_948 jumped in and offers him $100. I wish he messaged me first saying someone offers me $100 can you give me a higher offer but no he sold it to him.

its real... here is what happen the original sell first posted the jersey but did not have a buy it now, I emailed and asked for a Buy It Now price and he offers to sell it for $50. So i was waiting for him to add the Buy it now price because he did not know how to send an invoice, this a****** http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ian-Laperriere-Los-Angeles-Kings-Game-Worn-Used-Jersey-Avalanche-Flyers-Blues-/280894812380?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4166a2b0dc#ht_500wt_948 jumped in and offers him $100. I wish he messaged me first saying someone offers me $100 can you give me a higher offer but no he sold it to him.

I had the same thing happen to me on a 2004 Datsyuk All Star a few months ago...that is so frustrating. I'm glad I never saw mine get flipped, can't imagine how crappy that must have felt.

I could have got a pronger 2007 game worn for just over $100, but I I was hesitant and someone else bought. That person traded that jersey for like 10 or so jerseys to a member here. You know the six degrees of kevin bacon, his collection is the six degrees of the pronger gamer

That's the risk you take when you lowball someone. You just got beat at your own game.

Report the whole shebang to ebay, I'm sure they'll be very, very, very sympathetic to your plight.

HAHAHAH

who's the pot and who's the Kettle??!

That's the risk you take when you lowball someone. You just got beat at your own game.

Report the whole shebang to ebay, I'm sure they'll be very, very, very sympathetic to your plight.

I did not lowball him, I asked him for a Buy it Now price and he emailed me back saying $50. Please read before you try to be funny.

Dear theboys3x3,

How much would the buy it now price be?

Thank you,

- retroexpress310

Dear retroexpress310,

We can sell it for $50. It does need to be cleaned and it has been worn a lot so there are a couple of snags.

Thank you for your inquiry.

- theboys3x3

After i emailed him back and offer $150 and he wouldn't do it.

I did not lowball him, I asked him for a Buy it Now price and he emailed me back saying $50. Please read before you try to be funny.

After i emailed him back and offer $150 and he wouldn't do it.

Had you offered the $150 right away, which would have still been a steal, you probably would have gotten it. As it was you took a risk over $100 and it didn't pay off. No one else's fault but your own.

Had you offered the $150 right away, which would have still been a steal, you probably would have gotten it. As it was you took a risk over $100 and it didn't pay off. No one else's fault but your own.

If someone says $50 why would you offer more? If he would have emailed me back saying someone offered $100 I would have told him $150 or even $200 but he never did.

If someone says $50 why would you offer more? If he would have emailed me back saying someone offered $100 I would have told him $150 or even $200 but he never did.

You would offer more so there is a lower risk of the seller changing his mind over a better offer. You took the bigger risk of the seller's lowest price point over better chance of a deal. That's the way it goes when you don't know what the seller is thinking.

If someone makes an offer to me, I never offer more. That's more likely to blow up in your face than just accepting the seller's offer. If you have no reason to offer him more, why would you shoot yourself in the foot? IMO, any seller that makes an initial offer is happy to get that offer, or he wouldn't have made it. You can't always defend against would be buyers you don't know exist.

It's in the past now let's move on, more deals and steals will come along this year. The best time to buy jerseys is when no hockey is played.

Trying to figure out the Ducks one, must be a pre-season gamer. Any site has no stats of him ever playing for the Ducks and I can't find any pics of him in the jersey, just the '07 draft jersey

Pre-season gamer. I would buy it if it were a game issue, it's got some wear on it. Not a bad deal. It looks like a 1.0 to me.

I hate stupid people like this... $14k :angry: I know some retard will buy it too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160819570634?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3857wt_1160

I hate stupid people like this... $14k :angry: I know some retard will buy it too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160819570634?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3857wt_1160

I can not even mail him to tell him how stupid that jersey looks and the price is way way way off the deep end

I can not even mail him to tell him how stupid that jersey looks and the price is way way way off the deep end

The customization looks good to me. Obviously the price is astronomical, but why waste your time messaging someone just because signed jerseys aren't your thing? That just seems silly. Plenty of people enjoy them, and the signatures all look legit, with legit customization.

Again, obviously the price is insane, but do you message everyone who has an autographed jersey for sale just because you don't like the way it looks? That just seems silly, and frankly comes off as being annoying for no reason whatsoever. Just my opinion.