throwbacks

Finnishflash

how awsome did the Canucks look wearing those retro jerseys on opening night? i loved it, buffalo's too last night! its a shame buffalo dosent just go back to their old uinforms, i think 90 percent of the crowd were wearing the throwbacks anyways....buffalo....LISTEN to your fans!!!!!

how awsome did the Canucks look wearing those retro jerseys on opening night? i loved it, buffalo's too last night! its a shame buffalo dosent just go back to their old uinforms, i think 90 percent of the crowd were wearing the throwbacks anyways....buffalo....LISTEN to your fans!!!!!

Unfortunately the sabres new jerseys are back ordered and flying off the shelves now, which seems to be sending the NHL/Sabres organization the notion that the new designs are a big success. Personally, I don't mind the new jerseys, but I want a modernized rendering of the vintage logo on them, because the new logo is just hideous.

More on topic, I love the Canucks in their vintage jerseys. I think they should go back to the vintage home and aways full time (and I've heard rumor that this is supposed to happen, but what do I know). They just looked great and I really like those uniforms.

I saw someone photoshop edit a picture of the new sabres jersey but with the vintage logo instead of the slug. It was awesome, why in the world would they not pick up on that! I'll try and track down that pic for you guys.

I saw someone photoshop edit a picture of the new sabres jersey but with the vintage logo instead of the slug. It was awesome, why in the world would they not pick up on that! I'll try and track down that pic for you guys.

Yeah, I've seen that and it's beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous looking. It would be my favorite sweater in the league, hands down.

It's amazing how people used to think the 70s Canucks and Sabres jerseys were boring and/or butt-ugly and now they're the in-thing. I like the throwbacks because I grew up watching hockey in the 70s and 80s and those are what were ingrained in my formative years' memories and on my old hockey trading cards. B)

It's amazing how people used to think the 70s Canucks and Sabres jerseys were boring and/or butt-ugly and now they're the in-thing. I like the throwbacks because I grew up watching hockey in the 70s and 80s and those are what were ingrained in my formative years' memories and on my old hockey trading cards. B)

Same here, looking at those throwbacks of the Sabres, Oilers, Jets, Canucks, Penguins, Kings, Nordiques jerseys remind me of the good ol' days of Gretzky, Dionne, Bossy, Tiger Williams, and the battles of Quebec...

Tiger Williams. Beyond my time, but I think I remember him as a leaf. And a feisty one at that.

Too bad it was beyond your time , man was he nuts! I remember him & Knuckles Nilan going at it toe to toe.....ah the good ol' days

I've heard about him :) Tie Domi gave him a run for his money, but not close enough. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct, Domi sits third on the all-time penalty list behind Tiger Williams & Dale Hunter.